Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,310

Is this regarding PJ tix? I'm sure there's people around here that would easily take them off your hands.

It's ridiculous how much you have to mark up tix on there just to break even.

yes, club box seats for night 1 so they are already quite expensive. I didn't realize how much you'd have to mark them up to make any money. if that is the case might not be worth it to throw them up there. i thought maybe if i put them up there i could make some to pay for the 2nd night club box seats i also bought.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,662
    pjhawks said:

Is this regarding PJ tix? I'm sure there's people around here that would easily take them off your hands.

yes, club box seats for night 1 so they are already quite expensive. I didn't realize how much you'd have to mark them up to make any money. if that is the case might not be worth it to throw them up there. i thought maybe if i put them up there i could make some to pay for the 2nd night club box seats i also bought.
    pjhawks said:

How many do you have?
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

How many do you have?
    just 2 in club box #2.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

How many do you have?
    just 2 in club box #2.
    Ah, was hoping for 4.

No club box seats listed for night 1, so can put them up there for something high and if they sell, they sell. Brokers often buy tickets off stubhub if they think they can hold on to them or sell them for higher
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

How many do you have?
    just 2 in club box #2.
    Ah, was hoping for 4.

No club box seats listed for night 1, so can put them up there for something high and if they sell, they sell. Brokers often buy tickets off stubhub if they think they can hold on to them or sell them for higher
    yea might be early for them though. i already received mine in the mail. last tour i ordered them and didn't get them until like 2 weeks before the show. thanks for the info.
  • Options
    In the door at Fenway. Limited view, but not worried about seats for this show,

Those shows sold out fast. Looks like all 4 sold out immediately.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    Ryan Lawrence's guess at Phils lineup in September. Be cool to see all these guys make it up this year:
    1. Odubel Herrera LF (L)
    2. J.P. Crawford SS (L)
    3. Maikel Franco 3B (R)
    4. Nick Williams RF (L)
    5. Andrew Knapp 1B (S)
    6. Jorge Alfaro C (R)
    7. Roman Quinn CF (S)
    8. Freddy Galvis 2B. (S)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bistro Romano got a shout out on vinyl
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,834

How is this? I saw somewhere that summed this show up as the Forrest Gump of music. And that sounds cool and all, but not enough for me to get back into HBO. I'll wait till Vice's season is up to re-up HBO Now.
  • Options

How is this? I saw somewhere that summed this show up as the Forrest Gump of music. And that sounds cool and all, but not enough for me to get back into HBO. I'll wait till Vice's season is up to re-up HBO Now.
    One of the characters was talking about how he rented out the best restaurant in Philly for a party, Bistro Romano

I thought the first episode was pretty good. Ending was weird. We'll keep watching but I don't think it's anything to add HBO for.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

One of the characters was talking about how he rented out the best restaurant in Philly for a party, Bistro Romano

I thought the first episode was pretty good. Ending was weird. We'll keep watching but I don't think it's anything to add HBO for.
    Fell asleep halfway through so I have to rewatch it. From what I saw, I liked...but I got more of a movie vibe than a weekly show kind of vibe.

I loved Canale in Boardwalk but watching him last night I was thinking about one of my friends' complaint about him: he tends to over act. Felt like he was doing that a bit in the pilot.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Fell asleep halfway through so I have to rewatch it. From what I saw, I liked...but I got more of a movie vibe than a weekly show kind of vibe.

I loved Canale in Boardwalk but watching him last night I was thinking about one of my friends' complaint about him: he tends to over act. Felt like he was doing that a bit in the pilot.
    i watched the 1st hour as well. found it kind of boring but will check out the 2nd half to see if it picks up. had expectations of this being good but 1st hour did nothing for me. won't totally write it off yet but to me not a good start.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

i watched the 1st hour as well. found it kind of boring but will check out the 2nd half to see if it picks up. had expectations of this being good but 1st hour did nothing for me. won't totally write it off yet but to me not a good start.
    2nd hour was a lot more entertaining than the first hour. Finished it last night. And I felt like the preview for the rest of the season looked promising.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Baseball America has the Phils 8th and 5 in top 100--

8. PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

State of the System: The Phillies may have waited a year longer than they should have, but their rebuild has gone well to this point. They extracted five players from the Rangers in the Cole Hamels trade, adding depth arms in other deals. But the system’s strength is potential impact hitters they’ve drafted, such as top prospectJ.P. Crawford, catcher Andrew Knapp and 2015 first-rounder Cornelius Randolph.

#6 J.P. Crawford
    #27 Nick Williams
    #75 Jake Thompson
    #88 Cornelius Randolph
    #96 Andrew Knapp
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Chipotle can go directly to hell.

Nothing like projectile committing while having diarrhea at the same time.

Never again.

Alright, carry on.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,687
    ^^^^ to be followed by listeria or salmonella or whatever the hell it is.

I've actually never eaten there but have always wanted to.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Chipotle can go directly to hell.

Nothing like projectile committing while having diarrhea at the same time.

Never again.

Alright, carry on.

Ah, dude. why?!?! After the e coli?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Wobbie said:

^^^^ to be followed by listeria or salmonella or whatever the hell it is.

I've actually never eaten there but have always wanted to.

It is (was) good. I can't look at one of those places anymore without feeling sick, and I will eat just about anything.

What's with the wobble?
  • Options
    not wobble; wobbie.....I had trouble with my R's as a kid....I can joke about it now.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    All my friend Lauren could talk about was going to Chipotle for a free burrito. I asked her if she's getting extra E. Coli with that, or maybe the 'E.' stands for Extra Coli....

At any rate, I don't know how anyone can eat there after that - especially since they never found the source.
  • Options
    I love me some raw hamburger, so I'm not easily scared.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I think we go with wobble.

I have a stomach that is the equivalent of a dumpster. I will eat anything. But this is another story.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I love me some raw hamburger, so I'm not easily scared.

Yeah, I like my steak mooing but I'm not fucking with that.
  • Options

All my friend Lauren could talk about was going to Chipotle for a free burrito. I asked her if she's getting extra E. Coli with that, or maybe the 'E.' stands for Extra Coli....

At any rate, I don't know how anyone can eat there after that - especially since they never found the source.

HA, This does not surprise me a little bit and I mean that I mean nothing negative by that at all. Just sounds about right.
  • Options
    It boggles my mind. This is a person who is vegan and cares about the sourcing of their food, but put 'FREE' on something and people don't give a shiiiiit.
  • Options
    This looks pretty friggen awesome

http://www.locknfestival.com/
  • Options
    Clearly your Juggler made an error in judgment. This was a brand new one and I guess I thought they got all that stuff taken care of. Apparently I was wrong.

Been on death's doorstep since last night.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Philly is the best. On the bus in this morning, saw 2 Asian tourists taking pictures with the Frank Rizzo statue. They are either HUGE fans of Frank Rizzo or just saw a statue and wanted to get a picture with it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Had no idea Rollins was at the point of minor league contracts.