Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,663
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

and I like Carolina about 21-6. I think this game is going to suck. At least one of the defenses will dominate. I can't see Denver moving the ball much.

you're the best

still undisputed and undefeated with everything ever
    I didn't think denver's defense was that good
    it's not. panther were sloppy as hell. tolbert had what, 3 carries and fumbled on two of them. lot of drops.

everything denver needed to happen happened. just like the opposite of pjhawks predicted. which is always what happens
    I couldn't give a fuck what pjhawks predicted. I thought Carolina was gonna smoke them. That defense was impressive.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited February 2016

The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

and I like Carolina about 21-6. I think this game is going to suck. At least one of the defenses will dominate. I can't see Denver moving the ball much.

you're the best

still undisputed and undefeated with everything ever
    I didn't think denver's defense was that good
    it's not. panther were sloppy as hell. tolbert had what, 3 carries and fumbled on two of them. lot of drops.

everything denver needed to happen happened. just like the opposite of pjhawks predicted. which is always what happens
    I couldn't give a fuck what pjhawks predicted. I thought Carolina was gonna smoke them. That defense was impressive.
    just pointing out that whatever he and juggler predict or want is pretty much that opposite of what happens or needs to happen. their track records speak for themselves

game was boring as fuck. bad/confusing calls by refs as usual. nfl is hot garbage. how can you have carolina challenge two plays in first qtr (get one right -- and one that should have been right) and not have another one the rest of the super bowl. joke

peyton has won two super bowls and has literally done nothing in either game...yet dopes will call him the best ever or top 5 qbs ever.

thankfully, the shitty nfl is over and mlb starts soon
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    At the end of the day, the entire world was on that side too though. Was at the flyers game on Tuesday with a bookie and he people with $60k on Carolina and $10k on Denver. Needles to say he's happy
  • Options
    edited February 2016

At the end of the day, the entire world was on that side too though. Was at the flyers game on Tuesday with a bookie and he people with $60k on Carolina and $10k on Denver. Needles to say he's happy

your guy may have but that ratio changed dramatically in vegas. all the late money was on denver to the point where it was even or books wanted the panthers.

billy walters is no joke. not sure if you saw him on 20/20 a few years ago.

my line dropped to 4.5 this afternoon

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14727630/super-bowl-50-late-money-denver-broncos-not-carolina-panthers
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

really struggling with my super bowl betting selection. usually I have my bet locked in by now. keep flip flopping...cannot make up my mind

hawks, you're never right about anything. let me know who you like so I can take the opposite.

let's see just off the top of my head; Jeff Carter (still scoring goals by the way), Sam Hinkie, Chip Kelly,. Paul Holmgren - I'd say my track record is pretty damn good. And 3 out of those 4 you were blatantly wrong about.

nice to see you're still delusional

the carter stuff is especially hilarious. you must have forgotten what the flyers got in return for that scrub
    yea they got a $68 million guy with a whopping 8 fucking goals this year. Since the trade Carter has been a key player (including leading goal scorer in one playoff year) of 2 (and counting) Stanley Cup Champions and a Canadian Olympic Gold Medal winner and still plays major 2nd line minutes for a great Kings team while getting pretty much the same average ice team that Voracek gets for the Flyers and has almost identical stats. Love the stubborness but come on just admit you were wrong about Carter. It's pretty fucking clear.
    the flyers didn't trade carter to the kings. flyers also didn't trade carter for voracek straight up.

man you are bad at this game. the carter trade was one of the most lopsided in flyers history...in the flyers favor

when did I ever say the Flyers traded Carter to the Kings? and when did i ever say the Flyers traded Carter straight up for Voracek (although technically he was the only 'player' in the trade)? good to see your reading comprehension hasn't improved. again respect the stubbornness even when everyone knows you were wrong about Carter.

and hey Vegas loved Carolina as well. Nothing wrong with picking Carolina. It happens. at least i wasn't dumb enough to bet it. And i'm totally sure that since you were sure i was going to be wrong that you must have bet the money line instead of taking the points right?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

really struggling with my super bowl betting selection. usually I have my bet locked in by now. keep flip flopping...cannot make up my mind

hawks, you're never right about anything. let me know who you like so I can take the opposite.

let's see just off the top of my head; Jeff Carter (still scoring goals by the way), Sam Hinkie, Chip Kelly,. Paul Holmgren - I'd say my track record is pretty damn good. And 3 out of those 4 you were blatantly wrong about.

the carter stuff is especially hilarious. you must have forgotten what the flyers got in return for that scrub
    yea they got a $68 million guy with a whopping 8 fucking goals this year. Since the trade Carter has been a key player (including leading goal scorer in one playoff year) of 2 (and counting) Stanley Cup Champions and a Canadian Olympic Gold Medal winner and still plays major 2nd line minutes for a great Kings team while getting pretty much the same average ice team that Voracek gets for the Flyers and has almost identical stats. Love the stubborness but come on just admit you were wrong about Carter. It's pretty fucking clear.
    the flyers didn't trade carter to the kings. flyers also didn't trade carter for voracek straight up.

man you are bad at this game. the carter trade was one of the most lopsided in flyers history...in the flyers favor

when did I ever say the Flyers traded Carter to the Kings? and when did i ever say the Flyers traded Carter straight up for Voracek (although technically he was the only 'player' in the trade)? good to see your reading comprehension hasn't improved. again respect the stubbornness even when everyone knows you were wrong about Carter.

and hey Vegas loved Carolina as well. Nothing wrong with picking Carolina. It happens. at least i wasn't dumb enough to bet it. And i'm totally sure that since you were sure i was going to be wrong that you must have bet the money line instead of taking the points right?
    flyers didn't trade carter to kings, but you're dumb enough to bring up what carter did for kings. and for some reason, canada too, as if that has any relevance to the flyers

and yeah, good call of carolina. you're accurate in that you're ALWAYS wrong...about everything. it's pretty impressive actually
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

flyers didn't trade carter to kings, but you're dumb enough to bring up what carter did for kings. and for some reason, canada too, as if that has any relevance to the flyers

and yeah, good call of carolina. you're accurate in that you're ALWAYS wrong...about everything. it's pretty impressive actually
    well actually you 1st brought up the trade not me. try again.

and i'm not wrong in my assessment about you since pretty much everyone in these threads thinks the same of you as i do.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    No go on Fenway tickets for me. Now that the wife wants to go and we are making this a vacation, I am either going to have to get the general on sale or stubhub it up. Ah well...
  • Options

No go on Fenway tickets for me. Now that the wife wants to go and we are making this a vacation, I am either going to have to get the general on sale or stubhub it up. Ah well...

maybe they knew you were a Yankees fan. I got night 2 Fenway. Still making plans for at least one of the Florida shows too. Looking at 4 this tour.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,836
    His hands aren't touching is what's going on.

But, yeah, I'm really, REALLY, happy for Rube.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,547
    Lourdes Gurriel....possibly the next big Cuban import the Phils should be interested in
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Accolades keep coming in on the Phils rebuilding job. Keith Law has the Phillies as the 6th best farm system in baseball (he had them ranked 25th last year):

http://www.thegoodphight.com/2016/2/10/10960984/keith-law-ranks-phils-system-no-6

6. Philadelphia Phillies
    2015 rank: 25
    Players in Top 100 (2016): 5

The Cole Hamels trade might turn out to be the Phillies' Herschel Walker moment, trading their best asset for a huge package of prospects who look like they'll boost the major league club for years to come. The next step is maximizing their output from this year's draft, in which they hold the first overall pick.

GO.
    PHILS.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Got an Airbnb booked in Boston for Saturday and Sunday. Got a pretty good price and in a decent area of Beacon Hill. Wanted to be in Back Bay but couldn't get one there. Gonna be a good trip. Heading up into New Hampshire and then probably Portsmouth or Maine before/
  • Options
    Lake Winnipesaukee
  • Options

Lake Winnipesaukee

ha, my family vacationed there and my summer camp was there. Think that's where we're going for 4 nights, then over to Portsmouth for 3.
  • Options

Lake Winnipesaukee

ha, my family vacationed there and my summer camp was there. Think that's where we're going for 4 nights, then over to Portsmouth for 3.
    I sail, I'm a sailor, I sail.

You should make your way north and climb Washington.
  • Options

Lake Winnipesaukee

Lake Winnipesaukee

I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful.

We might do the cog train on Washington and head up Major.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Sadly they did not film the movie there. I believe it was somewhere in VA.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Sadly they did not film the movie there. I believe it was somewhere in VA.

It was, but still...
  • Options
    Might be framing my brother's bachelor party around either Wrigley or Fenway...not sure yet though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Might be framing my brother's bachelor party around either Wrigley or Fenway...not sure yet though.

Do Chicago. Bars close so early in Boston. That's sweet though. I have to go to vegas for one this year...no.interest.
  • Options

Do Chicago. Bars close so early in Boston. That's sweet though. I have to go to vegas for one this year...no.interest.
    Yeah but I was at Wrigley for the last show. We'll see. Kinda wish they were playing at parks I've never been to before.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yeah but I was at Wrigley for the last show. We'll see. Kinda wish they were playing at parks I've never been to before.

That's awesome about the bachelor party.

...not to jinx myself or get expectations too high, but I have a strong feeling my bachelor party is going to be Jazz Fest. Just a feeling I'm getting as my best man said April is going to be very busy. And I know we're getting on a plane, and we've overdone Vegas so that's out.
  • Options

Ah, didn't realize you went to that. I hear you. Boston bars just close so damn early...
  • Options
    Anyone here ever sell tickets on Stub Hub? If so how did it go? I've bought plenty there but never sold and might have some to throw up there. just curious if anyone has any experience.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    pjhawks said:

Anyone here ever sell tickets on Stub Hub? If so how did it go? I've bought plenty there but never sold and might have some to throw up there. just curious if anyone has any experience.

Plenty of times. Very easy. They'll have to go for a good bit above face after Stubhub fees to get your money back though.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Is this regarding PJ tix? I'm sure there's people around here that would easily take them off your hands.

It's ridiculous how much you have to mark up tix on there just to break even.