Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,564

Going with the small towns for this tour. Going to do Hampton and Raleigh. The arena in Hampton looks great...only 10K. Will probably make a long week out of it and visit some friends in Charlotte too. And even though concerts at Wrigley are brutal...I'll definitely be at both of those shows because I just can't pass up seeing PJ and sleeping in my own bed that night.

I am thinking about Raleigh. Wish it was on a weekend, but I have a ton of clients in RTP so thinking I may have to pull some work bullshit and get my travel/hotel paid for.

If you do do Raleigh, go to Revolution in Durham. Good restaurant that would stand up in most cities.

http://www.revolutionhouse.com/
    I was hoping to mix in a little golf and pearl jam if Raleigh was a weekend. Oh well.
    Probably just both Philly shows for me too....though I'm not ruling out Fenway or Wrigley.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    edited January 2016

Going with the small towns for this tour. Going to do Hampton and Raleigh. The arena in Hampton looks great...only 10K. Will probably make a long week out of it and visit some friends in Charlotte too. And even though concerts at Wrigley are brutal...I'll definitely be at both of those shows because I just can't pass up seeing PJ and sleeping in my own bed that night.

I am thinking about Raleigh. Wish it was on a weekend, but I have a ton of clients in RTP so thinking I may have to pull some work bullshit and get my travel/hotel paid for.

If you do do Raleigh, go to Revolution in Durham. Good restaurant that would stand up in most cities.

I was hoping to mix in a little golf and pearl jam if Raleigh was a weekend. Oh well.
    Probably just both Philly shows for me too....though I'm not ruling out Fenway or Wrigley.
    Word. Would be a good trip.

I'd like to do one of those two too, preferably Fenway for some reason, but it's not gonna happen for me.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited January 2016

I've actually been to Revolution. Most taps in the country I believe (or I think that's what they advertised when I was there a while back).

Also, I'm with you on having work pick up the tab -- one of the perks of my job. The weekday shows actually work better for me because it's 'work-related'

EDIT: I was thinking of this place. Raleigh is a cool little city. Lot of great bars

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2015-07-23/the-worlds-biggest-beer-garden-opens-in-raleigh
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    I sure hope the DH doesn't come to the NL but Manfred seems to think it will be here as early as 2017. the DH blows. keep it out of the NL.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    pjhawks said:

I sure hope the DH doesn't come to the NL but Manfred seems to think it will be here as early as 2017. the DH blows. keep it out of the NL.

Agree. Money ruins everything that's pure.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

It's only been a matter of time since they went to season long interleague....which also sucks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,577

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

It's only been a matter of time since they went to season long interleague....which also sucks.
    Agree on both, and i like the Red Sox. wish they didn't have the DH and i can't stand inter-league play. Need to get rid of that too.
  • Options
    cutz said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

Agree on both, and i like the Red Sox. wish they didn't have the DH and i can't stand inter-league play. Need to get rid of that too.
    If you don't like interleague you need either contraction or expansion. A Red Sox fan doesn't like the DH?
  • Options
    Greetings from sunny San Diego,

Kinda pissed I'm missing this...
  • Options

65 and sunny in delray beach

Fuck the red sox...aka the dallas cowboys of mlb. I will never understand why so many philadelphians like that team.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311
    The Fixer said:

65 and sunny in delray beach

Fuck the red sox...aka the dallas cowboys of mlb. I will never understand why so many philadelphians like that team.
    who the red sox? better than liking the mets or yankees i suppose
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The red sox are just as bad, if not worse, than the yankees

Love the mets wasting money on cespedes. Dude blows
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The red sox are just as bad, if not worse, than the yankees

Love the mets wasting money on cespedes. Dude blows

i guess. i prefer the red sox over the mets or yankees if i had to choose. Mainly cause one of my favorite players started with the Red Sox (although he did play for The Yankees later) and later accused of taking steroids image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited January 2016

cutz said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

If you don't like interleague you need either contraction or expansion. A Red Sox fan doesn't like the DH?
    I'm all for contraction. For NBA and NFL too, while we're at it.

Playing any golf out there, Cliffy?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

cutz said:

JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

I'm all for contraction. For NBA and NFL too, while we're at it.

Playing any golf out there, Cliffy?
    I don't necessarily disagree with that. Just tough to make uneven divisions.

Yeah, played a course called the crossings yesterday morning. Haven't swung a club in a few months and played like balls but was nice to get out. Tough course. Hilly with a good number of blind shots.

• Options
    Wish i liked golf. Its so boring. Have passed up so many opps to play famous courses w work events (stone creek, torrey pines, etc)

Golf and poker... I find both to be boring as hell and a huge time suck. I cant sit still long enough to play poker and i hate being stuck on a golf course for 4+ hours.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The Fixer said:

Wish i liked golf. Its so boring. Have passed up so many opps to play famous courses w work events (stone creek, torrey pines, etc)

Golf and poker... I find both to be boring as hell and a huge time suck. I cant sit still long enough to play poker and i hate being stuck on a golf course for 4+ hours.

Golf is the best. I'm consumed by it at this point in my life.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,838
    I like golf as long as it's cheap (relatively), and I can drink in public. Otherwise, a complete waste of a day. I'd rather get on a trail on my feet, or on a bike, if I want to enjoy the outdoors.
  • Options
    Anybody get an email today for the drawing? Only put in for the two Philly's and drew two for Friday night on the floor. Sweet.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I like golf as long as it's cheap (relatively), and I can drink in public. Otherwise, a complete waste of a day. I'd rather get on a trail on my feet, or on a bike, if I want to enjoy the outdoors.

I'd rather just go to a bar. golf blows. and it's not a sport
  • Options

Anybody get an email today for the drawing? Only put in for the two Philly's and drew two for Friday night on the floor. Sweet.

I haven't gotten any news on my submissions. If you did that's prob not a good sign for me
  • Options
    This is pretty much a pointless conversation but golf is great. I have two hobbies that I will have for the rest of my life and hope to share if I have kids one day. Golf and cooking.

Can't see anything better than having something active that you enjoy doing, can always work on getting better at and can do for the rest of your life.
  • Options
    Back in philly and digging out. Good times
  • Options
    got philly night 1 reserved, not bad.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Shit I didn't realize one of these shows is the same day as that '03 Spectrum show. Fuck me does time fly...
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Same here.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    JK_Livin said:

Same here.
    same here. had it as my 2nd choice too. 1st choice was the 2nd show. luckily i already got Club Box seats for both shows.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Philadelphia residents - do you use public transportation? Any suggestions for getting around Philadelphia during the day?

Any knitters - favorite shop in Philadelphia?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Philadelphia residents - do you use public transportation? Any suggestions for getting around Philadelphia during the day?

Public transportation is pretty easy, though limited. Assuming you are staying in the Center City area, take the broad st line to the shows. Area is very walkable as well, uber is all around. Public transportation just depends on where you are staying.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

You would think asking a sports thread for their favorite knitting shop would be unreliable, but think not! The Lady is a huge knitter. I know she used to be a fan of Loop between 19th & 20th on South Street. And some other place on South further down around 8th called Nangelini but I think they closed.

We now live down by East Passyunk, and there's a bunch of small stores between, like, Mifflin and Tasker on Passyunk that have that stuff as well.

I know too much about yarn.