PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    JK_Livin said:

Bye bye Cliff

$37.5 million over 2 years not to throw a pitch. wow. now that's a really bad contract for the franchise.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    edited November 2015

baseball america's new phils top 10

http://philliesminorthoughts.com/baseball-america-2015-top-10-phillies-prospeccts/
    1.J.P. Crawford
    2.Nick Williams
    3.Jake Thompson
    4.Andrew Knapp
    5.Jorge Alfaro
    6.Cornelius Randolph
    7.Franklyn Kilome
    8.Roman Quinn
    9.Adonis Medina
    10.Carlos Tocci

I am pretty sure 6-9 are not real people. Those names can't exist.
    You don't know Adonis? Him and Roman are professional wrestlers, ol' Frank Kilome runs the barbershop up the street, and Cornelius is busy running H.R. Pennypacker's anvil mill. One of them may be a cousin of the Monopoly guy, still trying to verify.

Fun fact - Cornelius is best friends with Art Vandelay.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723

http://philliesminorthoughts.com/baseball-america-2015-top-10-phillies-prospeccts/
    1.J.P. Crawford
    2.Nick Williams
    3.Jake Thompson
    4.Andrew Knapp
    5.Jorge Alfaro
    6.Cornelius Randolph
    7.Franklyn Kilome
    8.Roman Quinn
    9.Adonis Medina
    10.Carlos Tocci

You don't know Adonis? Him and Roman are professional wrestlers, ol' Frank Kilome runs the barbershop up the street, and Cornelius is busy running H.R. Pennypacker's anvil mill. One of them may be a cousin of the Monopoly guy, still trying to verify.

1.J.P. Crawford
    2.Nick Williams
    3.Jake Thompson
    4.Andrew Knapp
    5.Jorge Alfaro
    6.Cornelius Randolph
    7.Franklyn Kilome
    8.Roman Quinn
    9.Adonis Medina
    10.Carlos Tocci

HA! Good stuff.
    Everybody vote yet? Better get out there.

Going to right after work. Sucks turnout sounds terrible.

Going to right after work. Sucks turnout sounds terrible.
    Yeah. Oh well. Makes every vote count that much more....as cliche' and nerdy as that sounds...

At the least, all I really care about is that City Council gets shaken up.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Kevin Steele defeated Castor....Cosby might be going down!

Nice to have played a role in that
    www.myspace.com

I am confused by this situation. A lot of lawyer speak.

I am confused by this situation. A lot of lawyer speak.
    all i know is steele wants to prosecute him and has until january something to do so. castor obviously doesn't give a shit.
    www.myspace.com
    High of 74 on Friday too?

This guy....set to take a personal day to play some golf. Bang. Done.
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2015
    On a related note, I am toying with the idea of coating my roof before the winter - thing is, you should do it above 60 degrees (not just during the day but over the course of 24 hours it shouldn't drop below 60 degrees). Of course it's cooler than 60 at night. Bad idea? Wait till spring?

Any roofers here - have a propensity to wear hammer boots and hammer clothes, and pray for rain so your boss calls off work so you can drink all day at the bar? Anyone, anyone?.....preferably from the Upper Darby area?
    Sucks to see quality writers like Ryan Lawrence lose their jobs today while guys like Marcus Hayes remain employed.
    www.myspace.com

Sucks to see quality writers like Ryan Lawrence lose their jobs today while guys like Marcus Hayes remain employed.

Damn. Sucks

Same with Jake Kaplan looks like. I'm assuming Matt Gelb saw the writing on the wall and got himself into other material there. Or he just wanted to cover something other than a shitty baseball team.

I'm assuming people like Hayes and Bykofski are still there due to unions and such. Fucking unions.

Damn. Sucks

Same with Jake Kaplan looks like. I'm assuming Matt Gelb saw the writing on the wall and got himself into other material there. Or he just wanted to cover something other than a shitty baseball team.

I'm assuming people like Hayes and Bykofski are still there due to unions and such. Fucking unions.
    Yeah I guess they have tenure. There are barely any decent writers for DN or Inquirer anymore. Just schmucks like those guys who most believe are jokes. No wonder that industry is dying.
    www.myspace.com
    Yeah, that is all unfortunate. Why do they publish the Daily News again?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I still refer to it as the Blockbuster-Sony Music Entertainment Centre.
    www.myspace.com
    So its the Brewers or Twins for Byung Ho?
    www.myspace.com
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

Same here
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772

I refer it as "that place in Camden">LOL!!(because of ALL the name changes)>and it has nothing to do with it being in Camden. I wish it was a better place as i live about 25-30 minutes from ther. The sound is not the greatest, especially if you're out on the lawn(Unless they've improved it?) Haven't been ther since 2008.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928

So its the Brewers or Twins for Byung Ho?

it's the twins......and that is an unfortunate name.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Man it's tough being a fan of these teams right now. I'll leave this here rather than posting in all 4 threads.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Man it's tough being a fan of these teams right now. I'll leave this here rather than posting in all 4 threads.

someone told me the sixers were the last team to win a round in the playoffs. the team trying to lose for 3 years was the last to win a playoff round. i don't think it get's worse than this.

we sold our soul for '08.
    www.myspace.com
    edited November 2015

JK_Livin said:

someone told me the sixers were the last team to win a round in the playoffs. the team trying to lose for 3 years was the last to win a playoff round. i don't think it get's worse than this.

not exactly correct. flyers won a series in 2012 as well. sixers probably just did it a few weeks later because of their schedule.

remember when people bitched about the Phillies during the winning years? was kind of ridiculous then and looks really dumb now. of course those people have moved on to other teams and will be back once they are good again.

and don't forget a lot of people insisted on how great the new football coach was and how much of an upgrade he was over his predecessor. another thing not looking so hot at the moment huh?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited November 2015
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

not exactly correct. flyers won a series in 2012 as well. sixers probably just did it a few weeks later because of their schedule.

remember when people bitched about the Phillies during the winning years? was kind of ridiculous then and looks really dumb now. of course those people have moved on to other teams and will be back once they are good again.

and don't forget a lot of people insisted on how great the new football coach was and how much of an upgrade he was over his predecessor. another thing not looking so hot at the moment huh?
    It's pretty obvious that the first few years of Kelly have been an upgrade over the last few years of Reid.

Few weeks later, but yeah, Sixers were the last team to win a round. Hard to believe, Harry.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Just liking someone doesn't make him great. The media were the main culprits calling him a genius. I guess no one is good/great unless they win a title.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Just liking someone doesn't make him great. The media were the main culprits calling him a genius. I guess no one is good/great unless they win a title.
    that's not a comment i ever made. in fact at least two guys in the Eagles thread did make that comment.
    That is awesome, Cliff.