Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,566
    Fuck you, El Nino
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    This weather blows. I'll take snow any day over this.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311
    JK_Livin said:

This weather blows. I'll take snow any day over this.

ummm no thanks. i'll take this weather over snow
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    68 and no rain tomorrow---this guy, set to tee off at 8:30!

Happy Holidays!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    Got word the other day that they were trying to mess with my New Years Day on 2nd street, cracking down on drinking and all but it sounds like it was made out to be worse than it actually is. This all makes sense and is fair, though I will miss dancing in the street after a brigade goes by and is blasting their music. Will be more of a parade which is cool since none of them really drill on 2nd street anymore.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20160101_How_the_Mummers_are_trying_to_change_Two_Street.html#Ry4vT9DtyurKRcYP.99?&betaPreview=redesign

• Options
    The new Kanella is out of this world good. Was disappointed when they moved and won't be going as much as I did to the BYOB, but one of the best restaurants in the city, easily. Going to be right up at the top in the Philly Mag rankings next year. If you are in the city and want a phenomenal meal, make a reservation there.

Brunch is starting up first thing next year too, which I am pumped about.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    yeah, what a loser. have paid them hundreds of bucks over the years.
  • Options
    oh christ. as a fan of both teams I'm telling you this is not a good thing
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,705
    if they find some dirt on howard, you can take him off the books during his suspension.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Quarter keg of miller light and sixtel of Hop Devil on ice, pork in the crock pot, hoppin john beans soaking, tons of other food coming. Favorite day of the year tomorrow.
  • Options
    Holy shit where did I buy a house: they have been marching by playing music since 7:30
  • Options

Holy shit where did I buy a house: they have been marching by playing music since 7:30

Any of them piss on your house?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Any of them piss on your house?
    Nope, was good by me.

They need to stop televising the comics and wenches.

The changes they made on 2nd street this year worked out well.
  • Options
    Hell of a start to their new gigs for Kenney and Ross
  • Options

Baseball Prospectus:

"Long a laughingstock for prioritizing athletes who couldn't hit, the Phillies are now as loaded at the top of the system as any team in baseball. The rebuild started later than it should have, but it might not take long."
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Baseball Prospectus:

"Long a laughingstock for prioritizing athletes who couldn't hit, the Phillies are now as loaded at the top of the system as any team in baseball. The rebuild started later than it should have, but it might not take long."

I'm still not sold on this rebuild. Way better than it was two years ago, but that's not really saying much. I still don't think they got enough for Hamels or Giles. The braves got more for shelby miller than the phils got for hamels.

Crawford is labeled as a star, but the rest of their prospects don't have the highest ceilings. Combine that with MacPhail running the show and I am not really optimistic about where this team is headed. Especially considering what the braves, nats, and mets already have on their rosters and what those teams have in their respective systems.

The wild card will be what they can spend on free agents. Should be able to make some moves on that front and they're gonna have to get those decisions right in order to come close to contending in 2017 and beyond.
  • Options
    Anyone try Shack Shake's new chicken sandwich yet?

Whooaaaa boy. Damn tasty
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Whooaaaa boy. Damn tasty

Ahhh, shit. This is now my lunch...Good call, Juggs..
  • Options
    Watched Creed last night. I thought it was pretty good, though I think I had too high expectations given everything I heard about it.

The whole "jawn" thing was kind of annoying...we get it, the movie is trying to be Philly...
  • Options

Whooaaaa boy. Damn tasty

It's genius is in it's simplicity.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Whooaaaa boy. Damn tasty

It's genius is in it's simplicity.
    Pretty good stuff. Chicken was pretty much perfect. Someone at work asked if I'd do that over the Federal Donuts chicken sandwich and I think I would prefer the seasoning on the Federal Donuts sandwich, but the lighter batter on Shake Shack.

Now I need a nap...
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,838
    SHOWS.

Sweet.
  • Options

SHOWS.

Sweet.

Yeah, just submitted my entry. Both philly, both msg, and raleigh. I'm over the stadium shows, but I'm hoping people hold off on the arena shows due to the wrigley/fenway shows.

And now we wait...
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,838
    edited January 2016
    The Fixer said:

SHOWS.

Sweet.

Yeah, just submitted my entry. Both philly, both msg, and raleigh. I'm over the stadium shows, but I'm hoping people hold off on the arena shows due to the wrigley/fenway shows.

And now we wait...
    Yeah, was thinking of doing some other shows, very tempting. But they're all on bogus weekdays/work nights for the most part. So that's all out sans Philly.

Might have to percolate on Bonnaroo being a bachelor party.... Just gotta plant the seed(s) with the right people.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311
    i'm thinking philly, new york and maybe fenway for me
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Just both Philly for me. Gonna be rolling deep on Friday, it looks like. Can't.Fucking.Wait
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    Going with the small towns for this tour. Going to do Hampton and Raleigh. The arena in Hampton looks great...only 10K. Will probably make a long week out of it and visit some friends in Charlotte too. And even though concerts at Wrigley are brutal...I'll definitely be at both of those shows because I just can't pass up seeing PJ and sleeping in my own bed that night.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Going with the small towns for this tour. Going to do Hampton and Raleigh. The arena in Hampton looks great...only 10K. Will probably make a long week out of it and visit some friends in Charlotte too. And even though concerts at Wrigley are brutal...I'll definitely be at both of those shows because I just can't pass up seeing PJ and sleeping in my own bed that night.

I am thinking about Raleigh. Wish it was on a weekend, but I have a ton of clients in RTP so thinking I may have to pull some work bullshit and get my travel/hotel paid for.

If you do do Raleigh, go to Revolution in Durham. Good restaurant that would stand up in most cities.

http://www.revolutionhouse.com/
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on