PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

5 game winning streak???? image

6. wildcard here we come!

haha....
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

5 game winning streak???? image

6. wildcard here we come!

haha....
    finally out of the basement :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Unsurprisingly Kenney wins big. I think he will be a good mayor. Very progressive, has done a lot to move center city forward, and has a good relationship with city council. Schools like him which is generally good though that entire situation is a disaster. Ramsey will likely still be around assuming he wants to be. Biggest worry has to be how much influence Johnny Doc and the unions have. They are fucking destroying the convention center.
    Ryan Howard looking like the Howard of about 5 years ago or so now.image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    edited May 2015

Unsurprisingly Kenney wins big. I think he will be a good mayor. Very progressive, has done a lot to move center city forward, and has a good relationship with city council. Schools like him which is generally good though that entire situation is a disaster. Ramsey will likely still be around assuming he wants to be. Biggest worry has to be how much influence Johnny Doc and the unions have. They are fucking destroying the convention center.

election's in the fall, fella.
    www.myspace.com

yeah he's been crushing it lately.

nola's been quietly pitching his ass off in reading too
    www.myspace.com

The election was Tuesday. Philly hasn't had a republican mayor since the early 50's and that isn't changing now

The election was Tuesday. Philly hasn't had a republican mayor since the early 50's and that isn't changing now
    haha. really cliff? tell me more about this history of philadelphia politics.

it was a joke, but never underestimate this chick:

by the way--people blindly voting for one party their entire life leads to stuff like the problems this city has faced for decades and decades and decades.
    www.myspace.com

by the way--people blindly voting for one party their entire life leads to stuff like the problems this city has faced for decades and decades and decades.
    Figured you'd be more into the Collegeville political machine, haha.

I like her, but she has no chance. She also isn't very republican. I would like to see her put up a fight against Kenney but it's not going to happen.

I like her, but she has no chance. She also isn't very republican. I would like to see her put up a fight against Kenney but it's not going to happen.

obviously she has no chance. that's my point. the city has had the same problems since before i've been alive and yet they continue to elect the same party into office like robots. other party is non existent. system's broke.
    www.myspace.com

obviously she has no chance. that's my point. the city has had the same problems since before i've been alive and yet they continue to elect the same party into office like robots. other party is non existent. system's broke.
    I don't disagree, but outside of New York, isn't that urban politics and just a result of the demographics?

I don't disagree, but outside of New York, isn't that urban politics and just a result of the demographics?
    perhaps "urban" politics isn't working then.
    www.myspace.com
    this is why it made sense a month ago and now to continue sending howard (and Utley) out there every day or so:

http://zozone.mlblogs.com/

Playing Howard and Utley Could Help Phillies’ Rebuild

DENVER, CO – MAY 20: Ryan Howard #6 of the Philadelphia Phillies is congratulated in the dugout by Manager Ryne Sandberg of the Philadelphia Phillies after he hit a solo home run during the second inning against the Colorado Rockies at Coors Field on May 20, 2015 in Denver, Colorado. (Photo by Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)

This is why the Phillies didn’t bench or release Ryan Howard just two weeks into the season.

Remember? That’s what many fans wanted. Howard was hitting .175 (7-for-40) with three doubles, two RBIs, two walks, 15 strikeouts and a .464 OPS though April 19. They wanted Darin Ruf. They wanted Maikel Franco. They wanted Chase Utley.

They wanted anybody other than Howard.

But Howard is hitting .292 (28-for-96) with five doubles, one triple, eight home runs, 18 RBIs and a .961 OPS in 27 games since April 19. Only four players have hit more home runs than Howard since he hit his first homer of the season April 21: Bryce Harper (11), Giancarlo Stanton (10), Ryan Braun (nine), and Todd Frazier (nine). Howard’s OPS is 19th out of 191 qualified hitters in baseball in that span.

If he maintains the pace he has had since April 21 he will finish the season with 35 home runs.

Think a contending team could use somebody like that?

The Phillies had nothing to lose by continuing to play Howard, just like they have nothing to lose continuing to play Utley, despite his struggles. If Howard maintains his pace and if Utley picks up offensively — he has hit well over the past week — the Phillies might be able to trade one or both of them before July 31.

If they don’t, they didn’t lose anything.

Remember, this season is about the future. Benching or releasing the greatest first baseman and second baseman in franchise history based on a couple bad weeks (Howard) or six bad weeks (Utley) is short sighted. There is plenty of time to see Cesar Hernandez and Ruf.

But what about Utley’s $15 million club option that vests if he reaches 500 plate appearances? Relax. Utley is on pace for 555 plate appearances, but even if the Phillies play him at his current pace and he is hitting .150 through July 31, the Phillies could make up the difference the final two months of the season.

So consider the big picture with Howard and Utley. Sticking with them through the trade deadline is the best plan for the future
    www.myspace.com

Well, yeah. But that's like saying old people shouldn't vote republican. You're sounding like philly is Detroit. Tons of great stuff is going on here. They city has come a long way.
    edited May 2015

Well, yeah. But that's like saying old people shouldn't vote republican. You're sounding like philly is Detroit. Tons of great stuff is going on here. They city has come a long way.
    they shouldn't, if they keep getting a result they are unhappy with. more people should open their eyes and become independents.

it's definitely not detroit and things are improving.....but a lot of the same problems that have existed for decades and decades are still there because the same people keep getting elected to city counsel and when they don't it's another crony from the same political party. among other things, the school system is a fucking disgrace and unsafe-which is just unnaceptable, police department has big issues, and there was a report out very recently that said philly is the most segregated city in the country (or one of the most, i forget). so while they are prettying up a lot of areas, the people who are really struggling and have been for years are being neglected.

i do think things seem to be moving in the right direction, though. my point is voting the same people/same party year in/year out (the ones that care enough to vote) without even thinking has held this city back big time.

and its cool to see they've made progress on this but it shouldn't take my entire lifetime to utilize that waterfront. they've been debating what to do down there since before i was born. so frustrating.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com

they shouldn't, if they keep getting a result they are unhappy with. more people should open their eyes and become independents.

it's definitely not detroit and things are improving.....but a lot of the same problems that have existed for decades and decades are still there because the same people keep getting elected to city counsel and when they don't it's another crony from the same political party. among other things, the school system is a fucking disgrace and unsafe-which is just unnaceptable, police department has big issues, and there was a report out very recently that said philly is the most segregated city in the country (or one of the most, i forget). so while they are prettying up a lot of areas, the people who are really struggling and have been for years are being neglected.

i do think things seem to be moving in the right direction, though. my point is voting the same people/same party year in/year out (the ones that care enough to vote) without even thinking has held this city back big time.

and its cool to see they've made progress on this but it shouldn't take my entire lifetime to utilize that waterfront. they've been debating what to do down there since before i was born. so frustrating.
    I completely agree. Not sure what we are arguing about. People thinking they are voting for their self interests when they are not is about as American as apple pie. We don't have a Michael Bloomberg option here though, unfortunately. I am sure Bailey could be a good mayor, and is probably the type of republican, if you can call her that, that the city could use.

I hear you. Just because greater Center City looks good doesn't mean the city is actually doing well. I get that. The education system is a disgrace and is going to be what likely eventually forces me out of the city, which is a shame. I do think the police department has come a long way, though some cops I know would probably disagree. Violent crime, murder at least, is way down from where it was just a few years ago. Whether that is a statistically anomaly or something bigger, I don't know. The unions are out of fucking control. The city definitely has major issues.

That said, the Navy Yard is booming and has tons of jobs and is just growing by the day, which is a very big deal. There are small businesses popping up all over Center City. Comcast going to have 2-3 towers in Center City, University City has a dozen new buildings going up and the neighborhoods are improving at a rapid pace (if you work at Penn/Drexel, they will pretty much buy you a house in the area). There is a ton of great stuff going on over there. Gentrification is happening all over, good or bad. There is an article today about Kensington(!) home values improving. The wife has always said the same thing as you about the water front, but that is finally happening. The Gallery renovations....we'll see. Shit, the Made In America festival is a good thing for the city.

I think there is a lot to be happy about here.
    definitely a lot to be happy about, cliff. agree on that.

if you think about, these pictures are about as much exposure melissa murray bailey has gotten since she announced her candidacy. haha. a quick scroll up on this page looks pretty funny with her face popping up like 10 times.
    www.myspace.com

if you think about, these pictures are about as much exposure melissa murray bailey has gotten since she announced her candidacy. haha. a quick scroll up on this page looks pretty funny with her face popping up like 10 times.

You heading down to the shore this weekend? I always like sticking around here Memorial Day Weekend. City clears out and a lot of fun stuff to do.

ha, yeah, I would say 95% of people in this area have no clue who she is, which is a shame.

They change the quote thing to show every reply? Wasn't it only the last one for a while?

You heading down to the shore this weekend? I always like sticking around here Memorial Day Weekend. City clears out and a lot of fun stuff to do.

ha, yeah, I would say 95% of people in this area have no clue who she is, which is a shame.

They change the quote thing to show every reply? Wasn't it only the last one for a while?
    no i hate it down there on weekends like this. gonna be in the city tomorrow actually. del frisco's and then drinks with some people i don't see often enough.

golfing today and monday----can finally hit the driver consistently man! its like a new toy to play with. love it
    www.myspace.com

no i hate it down there on weekends like this. gonna be in the city tomorrow actually. del frisco's and then drinks with some people i don't see often enough.

golfing today and monday----can finally hit the driver consistently man! its like a new toy to play with. love it
    Nice. Yeah, me too. Awesome when the city clears out. Sounds like a good day.

Hoping to get a couple rounds in as well. I fucking lost it off the tee so far this year. Had it figured out last year.....and its gone and my game is a disaster. Fucking golf
    i hate bryce harper! :lol:

Hoping they win the last two games against the Nats
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

dude's on fire! batting about .270, 10 homers! Hamels looks like his old self as well. Franco could be in contention for rookie of the year possibly. Now if Utley can start hitting again.... Maybe the Phillies aren't as bad as we first thought. :smile:

Good to see them crush Strasburg and The Nats today
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

dude's on fire! batting about .270, 10 homers! Hamels looks like his old self as well. Franco could be in contention for rookie of the year possibly. Now if Utley can start hitting again.... Maybe the Phillies aren't as bad as we first thought. :smile:

Good to see them crush Strasburg and The Nats today
    it's just nice to see. he's finally fully healthy. at least it might entice an al team to take a shot at him come trade deadline.
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Trade them all while you can.
    Go Birds!!!!
    i agree with this analogy. there's no reason d brown should be at triple a while franceour and sizemore play left.

To use an analogy, Brown is a casino voucher for $10 at the slot machines that popped out right after you lost $50. Yeah, losing the $50 sucks, but there’s nothing you can do about that now. You should still sit your ass down and play out the $10 rather than throwing a fit, crumpling up the voucher, and tossing it into the trash can. Or you should hand the ticket to someone else to play if you’re sick of being in the casino.
    www.myspace.com
    Does anyone have less self awareness than Ruben Amaro?

He is such a smug jack ass. The point he made is a good one, in not wanting to rush their young prospects up (though the franchise has a history of keeping guys down longer than they need--it's not the case right now)......but insulting your fan base is never an intelligent move.

What a mess.
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

dude....he has a plan....get off his ass.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

He is such a smug jack ass. The point he made is a good one, in not wanting to rush their young prospects up (though the franchise has a history of keeping guys down longer than they need--it's not the case right now)......but insulting your fan base is never an intelligent move.

What a mess.
    Oh yeah, he is completely correct, but HE, of all people has absolutely no room to say anything of the sort, especially when his "plan" has been Howard, marlon byrd, Burnett and the likes