Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    This Maton kid. Is it cause he's attractive? Just SUCK already. 

Awesome stuff tonight, just overall a hell of a night so far.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Well I got a client I'm doing a mortgage for who's son is in marketing or something for the company who puts on these festivals. She keeps telling me she's so happy with what I'm doing for her that she'll have her son get me tix and get me into the meet and greet with Ed and the guys, if they're still doing those post(lol) pandemic.

Putting the odds of her coming through on this below 25% but, hey, it's something! She actually brought it up today though out of nowhere. So, we'll see

Damn.  
    You must give some good mortgage work.
    Is your jaw sore?
    :lol:

Yeah this lady has a thing for me. She’s like pushing 60 though. Lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Tired Hands getting the #metoo treatment, eh?
    Been talking about this the last two days. It's been fun to watch. The only possible outcome here is Jean has to sell out his share in the company, otherwise bye bye Tired Hands.
    They made him put out a statement saying he was stepping down after he put one out saying he was "stepping down for a bit." So hopefully that's in the works.

Was planning on making a trip out there to stock up this week. Looks like they are closed today. 
    Yeah, he put out like a half-apology signing it as "ceo/brewer/the janitor" or something, which he also took flack. And the best part of the non-half-apology is that he doesn't acknowledge any of it nor deny it. So that tells me a lot, and the last thing TH put out is he's stepping away from day to day ops. Which I don't know what that serves, while also saying his wife has been not there since March or something, since they're still the ones gaining the profits. Only way I see this playing out is that the dude has to leave altogether. Something like this happened around here at a restaurant called Hungry Pigeon. The chef, Scott, made a huge apology about some dumb stuff and treating employees like shit, and that wasn't enough. Employees were like nahhhh. So he had to sell out his part in the company and they changed the name of the place.

I think TH can get away with keeping their name, but only if Jean is out entirely. Otherwise I could see something like the artist dude who does their cans quitting/boycotting which then hurts the brand/business, etc.

It's decent enough beer, but there's plenty of places around here just as good to the point that I don't need to give them my money. Anyway, not gonna lie, kind of fun to watch the craft brew industry get this kind of shellacking.
    So I just read a bunch of the stuff posted about Jean. Earlier I just saw the Inquirer article. What a piece of shit. But I don’t see how this could end that place though. I was expecting to see that he sexually assaulted some chicks or something. Sounds like he’s definitely a racist misogynist pig who ran the place like it was some boys club back in the days before social media. He definitely shouldn’t be running the company anymore. 

I bet he’s forced to sell the company and they end up having a woman come in to run things. Hope they keep the name, if that happens. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Right. I would think an end would be more likely if he stays for sure. I just think the most logical conclusion is Jean's out. Things would get immediately better for them if they did that, and not just say he stepped away from the daily ops.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,380
    Happy to see that. Hung out a bar after finishing up the polls last night - so much fun - outside hangout.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Happy to see that. Hung out a bar after finishing up the polls last night - so much fun - outside hangout.
    Did you find out if you won your election? I checked my division's results and I see 4 write-ins for JOE, which I'm pretty sure are for me lol.
  • Options
    I am none too pleased to see that MMJ sold out in minutes. This band isn't that popular is it? Damnit...
  • Options
    Did you find out if you won your election? I checked my division's results and I see 4 write-ins for JOE, which I'm pretty sure are for me lol.
    I had a great victory over my intimidating opponent of, um, Mr. Nobody. My prospects for victory in November are promising against esteemed opponent Not A. Person.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I had a great victory over my intimidating opponent of, um, Mr. Nobody. My prospects for victory in November are promising against esteemed opponent Not A. Person.
    Haha, nice! I also believe I have wrapped my 2nd election victory (2 for 2!) for the position of JOE with a robust four write-in votes.

Congrats!
  • Options
    Alright, sweet, got lawn tix. Totally fine with that.
  • Options
    Well ain't that some shit - said fuck it, and try for more tix. Ended up with GA Pit as well. So, if anyone wants lawn seats let me know!
  • Options
    I thought tickets were on sale Friday? You're just talking about presale selling out right? Is that the whole venue?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Congratulations to the election winners!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I thought tickets were on sale Friday? You're just talking about presale selling out right? Is that the whole venue?
    Yeah, that's right. This is the presale.
  • Options
    So there are more tickets available tomorrow? I thought it was like two weeks out or something - don't even know what day it is. I'm potentially interested in the lawn seats.

• Options
    Congratulations to the election winners!
    Most heard comments about my "victory":

-"NOBODY wants to do this."
    -To the guy who lives just outside our precinct but gets appointed to be Judge of Elections every time - "Don't leave us!" - literally right in front of me.  :bawling:

• Options
    So there are more tickets available tomorrow? I thought it was like two weeks out or something - don't even know what day it is. I'm potentially interested in the lawn seats.
    I think general public is Friday.

Yeah, lawn there is fine by me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think general public is Friday.

Yeah, lawn there is fine by me. 
    Don't think la signora will be up for a show on a Wednesday in corporate accounting busy season so I'm up for a lawn "seat" partner.

• Options
    Nuts. I didn't realize this was a Wednesday. All concerts should be Thursdays - Sundays. No exceptions. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Nuts. I didn't realize this was a Wednesday. All concerts should be Thursdays - Sundays. No exceptions. 
    Yeah it sucks but you can't miss a MMJ Philly show.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I could not pick a MMJ song out of a group of 3 songs.  Any song.  Couldn't tell you if I would like them or dislike them.  If they opened for PJ some time that I saw the show I clearly arrived after their set.  (Which would be typical - except for Ben Harper I don't make a point of seeing the openers, I hang out with folks and drink some more beers.)
  • Options
    I don't know if that's a slight or just malpractice on your part. If it's the former I'd say no reason to continue, if it's the latter - Spotify and Youtube are good starting points.
  • Options
    Yeah I just never checked 'em out.  

• Options
    Well.....check 'em out.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Yeah it sucks but you can't miss a MMJ Philly show.

tried for the pre-sale, but was at work and missed out. Will try tomorrow again for the other pre-sale. Will also be at work so we'll see. :neutral:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    In my latter years I've become a fan of the "find tixx the day of because the price drops" unless JP sells me a lawn seat ticket. Wife doesn't want to go, as predicted, so standing offer for anyone who wants to meet up.

• Options
    Yeah I'll sell you the lawn tix, preferred in a pair, but if that doesn't happen until then it's yours.
  • Options
    I could not pick a MMJ song out of a group of 3 songs.  Any song.  Couldn't tell you if I would like them or dislike them.  If they opened for PJ some time that I saw the show I clearly arrived after their set.  (Which would be typical - except for Ben Harper I don't make a point of seeing the openers, I hang out with folks and drink some more beers.)
    You should be deported. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You should be deported. 
    Ha. For plenty of reasons, not sure I'd agree this would be one of them.  ;)

• Options
    You should be deported. 
    Ha. For plenty of reasons, not sure I'd agree this would be one of them.  ;)

MMJ is an amazing band. I celebrate their entire catalogue. Give them a go. You are likely not to be disappointed. 
    chinese-happy.jpg