Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,291
    I listened to the first three MMJ album suggestions yesterday.  Will listen some more today.
    So far, I gotta say it is not my bag.
    Nothing to dislike but just.....boring.
    I gotta rock and so far this seems like snoozing music.  Will put on some live stuff today and see if that seems more my thing.
    Appreciate the suggestions and I'm glad y'all get to see them soon and enjoy their music so much.
    (I like lots of music others probably don't...no accounting for tastes....unless you are one of the smackheads voting for Empire as a better movie than Godfather II in that thread.  A-fucking-mazing with that.)

Can someone get his deportation papers together? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Why must the Phillies inflame my OCD by wearing away uniforms in Thursday home games?
    I agree but think this happens in most places where they wear throwbacks.

I don't see why they don't just bring out the old maroon pinstripes though. That was a hell of a jersey. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,445
    Why must the Phillies inflame my OCD by wearing away uniforms in Thursday home games?
    I agree but think this happens in most places where they wear throwbacks.

I don't see why they don't just bring out the old maroon pinstripes though. That was a hell of a jersey. 
    Exactly and wear the powder blues in, you know, away games on Thursdays or something.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The thing that cements the idea that people from this area have terrible taste is that they like these pajamas/uniforms

Yeah and boring gray uniforms that say "NEW YORK" in some 5th graders font are so amazing...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Wobbie said:
    a buddy and I were just discussing this.....MMJ, sonic fucking youth, mud fucking honey, et al would never even be on the radar (deservedly so) had they never opened for PJ.
    Yeah I don't agree with any of this.
  • Options
    Yeah I never got it, annoys me as well. The best uni alternate change they've ever done was the Sunday unis.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I listened to the first three MMJ album suggestions yesterday.  Will listen some more today.
    So far, I gotta say it is not my bag.
    Nothing to dislike but just.....boring.
    I gotta rock and so far this seems like snoozing music.  Will put on some live stuff today and see if that seems more my thing.
    Appreciate the suggestions and I'm glad y'all get to see them soon and enjoy their music so much.
    (I like lots of music others probably don't...no accounting for tastes....unless you are one of the smackheads voting for Empire as a better movie than Godfather II in that thread.  A-fucking-mazing with that.)

Can someone get his deportation papers together? 
    Ha!
    There will be more room for you to buy tickets/be closer to the stage/see them at smaller venues of more people are indifferent to them.  
    I'm doing you a favor!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Wobbie said:
    a buddy and I were just discussing this.....MMJ, sonic fucking youth, mud fucking honey, et al would never even be on the radar (deservedly so) had they never opened for PJ.
    Ive seen Sonic Youth a bunch of times....some of the shows were better than others but not bad.
    I'm not gaga over them like many friends are.
    Mudhoney is really not something I like.  I think the last time I saw them was in Vancouver and I went back out after a few songs, it was awful.  (To me, I know other folks like them.)

• Options
    Wobbie said:
    Ive seen Sonic Youth a bunch of times....some of the shows were better than others but not bad.
    I'm not gaga over them like many friends are.
    Mudhoney is really not something I like.  I think the last time I saw them was in Vancouver and I went back out after a few songs, it was awful.  (To me, I know other folks like them.)

They're fine, not really my cup of tea. Sonic Youth sucks imo. But I'm not talking about whether they're good or not, but that they wouldn’t be popular without opening for PJ. Sonic Youth opened for PJ well past their prime, could argue the same for Mudhoney even when they did in the 90s (at least I think they did?, other than recently), and MMJ opened for them a few years after I got into them. I'd say Bonnaroo did a whole hell of a lot for MMJ though, and that MMJ is rare today because I think they are where they are for grinding out tours. Plus, a lot of people that are into Mudhoney and Sonic Youth hate PJ.

Anyway, happy Friday:

https://youtu.be/B1A8kfwhD_c
  • Options
    Oh, I agree with that.  Sonic Youth and their large fandom has zero to do with Pearl Jam.
    Mudhoney, I don't know as much about and don't care to, really.
    MMJ is interesting to me as I do know a handful of people who love them and I hadn't listened.  
    Well, now I have and I will listen some more today.  As I said, I don't dislike and now at least I know what they sound like.
  • Options
    Oh....holy shit finally watched last Sunday's Mare episode.  Damn.  The headshot thing was obvious and telegraphed yet somehow was still jarring.
    She is really doing a great job.
  • Options
    Hell of an episode, great show territory. I think there's two left?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Hell of an episode, great show territory. I think there's two left?

Yep.  Looks like they back burned a lot of the potential folks, although they could be throwing us off.
    Also, my wife and I were both laughing at how over the top the scene with the cousin (of the guy whose durdder was murdderd) was.  Think that Mare took his fresh Rolling Rock to get it DNA tested against the baby?
  • Options
    Yeah, don't want to give away any spoilers, but I think the thing that happened at the end of the last one isn't related to the other girl. 

Haha, I hear you. This was one of my guesses - Erin's husband and brother/cousin are involved. Definitely looks like the one is now. Either she's thinking of DNA testing the Rolling Rock or noticed that he left so abruptly with a full beer he just opened.

Also, gotta figure out what Brendan and the backstabbing friend are up to - maybe they're feeders, and linked to helping the dude who kept the girls locked up.

Who ever shot the girl I think it was definitely accidental and/or she was in self-defense mode against someone she didn't think would do that.
  • Options
    Gonna be an interesting few final eps and I will be sad to see it go.
    Right now I am watching 2 series in "real time" and I agree with what you shared as Mare was starting....I think I needed to see a show or two like this.
    In many ways it increases the enjoyment of viewing.

The Godfather of Harlem is crazy good and I cannot wait each week to watch...watching that w/o my wife so can watch whenever.
    For Mare I need to wait until she has time to watch with me so it can be a bit longer....but having time to let them simmer and think about the options is fun.  [As much as I also enjoy watching 8 episodes in a week or two.]
  • Options
    Penultimate episode this week - show is a real thriller!

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Right now I am watching 2 series in "real time" and I agree with what you shared as Mare was starting....I think I needed to see a show or two like this.

The Godfather of Harlem is crazy good and I cannot wait each week to watch...watching that w/o my wife so can watch whenever.
    For Mare I need to wait until she has time to watch with me so it can be a bit longer....but having time to let them simmer and think about the options is fun.  [As much as I also enjoy watching 8 episodes in a week or two.]
    Yeah, man, it's good because none of us have the restraint not to binge lol.

It's good to space it out, leave ya hanging, and discuss with others all at the same point.

Never heard of the show above - what is that on?

Haha, my wife feels betrayed if I go forward watching anything without her. Might as well get a divorce when it happens.
  • Options
    FYI - if anyone has kids under 12 that would like to register them for a covid vax trial see the below link (it's through CHOP), just signed mine up:

https://redcap.chop.edu/surveys/?s=C4L38EYFYA&fbclid=IwAR044tYf5J6O_MAMhE4OIjnOBLCbme8WBzP6u4YLj7meaYYBFpoFGFyDKYg
  • Options

It's good to space it out, leave ya hanging, and discuss with others all at the same point.

Haha, my wife feels betrayed if I go forward watching anything without her. Might as well get a divorce when it happens.
    Different story here. My wife generally doesn't like good tv but is a fan of Mare....but can barely stay up past 10. So I always watch it on Sunday night then give it the ol' rewatch a day or two later with the wife. Always catch a thing or two I missed on the 2nd viewing
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Epix is what it shows on for Suckcast on cable.  Not sure how you can access w/o cable.  It is worth watching if you can track it down.
  • Options

Different story here. My wife generally doesn't like good tv but is a fan of Mare....but can barely stay up past 10. So I always watch it on Sunday night then give it the ol' rewatch a day or two later with the wife. Always catch a thing or two I missed on the 2nd viewing

That is what I did with Thrones.  I wasn't waiting on that and my wife usually would not stay up, so I was good to watch with her as soon as she wanted. 
  • Options
    Boom got tickets. There's plenty still available. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,227
    Boom got tickets. 
    Good for him, hope the big Hawaiian enjoys the show.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Poncier said:
    Boom got tickets. 
    Good for him, hope the big Hawaiian enjoys the show.
    :lol: thought the same thing. Where are you seats, Juggs?

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Nola needs to get his shit together, pretty frustrating watching him struggle just about every start.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    YO. MARE.
  • Options
    Was it great?  Hope to watch tonight, will depend on the wife's schedule.
  • Options
    YO. MARE.
    Finale is gonna be wild. Glad they aren't making us wait an extra week - they used to always do that with GoT Memorial Day Weekend.

• Options
    Wish that was a Sea Isle sweat shirt. lol

Also....North Penn shirt?!?! Where'd that come from?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wish that was a Sea Isle sweat shirt. lol

Also....North Penn shirt?!?! Where'd that come from?
    Lolllllzzz. I actually thought the Sea Isle shirt Jean Smart was wearing was highly inappropriate. Me and the wife we're talking more about that than the highly emotional and intense scene between mother and daughter.