PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Haha shouldn’t that should have read...shouldn’t 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Speaking of the bullpen. This is why I didn't get the praise Girardi got about handling it? He's had good arms in his tenure with the Yankees. He's made some dumb or questionable moves. But they for the most part bailed him out. 
    I miss igotid88
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Fuck Tommy Hunter.  Blows and bitched about the fans earlier this season.  How the heck can the bullpen continue to be this bad? By accident you should go a few games without getting shelled
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Something that isn't getting talked about enough right now - if this goddamn team doesn't announce an extension with JT before the end of the month then I'm going to be very, very angry.
    Something that isn't getting talked about enough right now - if this goddamn team doesn't announce an extension with JT before the end of the month then I'm going to be very, very angry.
    Hard to plan to give another player over $100 million when you can't figure out your revenues for the next year.  If no fans again next year who knows what teams are going to do with their payrolls.  I hope they can sign him for sure, although I'd never give a catcher more than 4 or 5 years.  Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.
    edited September 2020
    pjhawks said:
    Hard to plan to give another player over $100 million when you can't figure out your revenues for the next year.  If no fans again next year who knows what teams are going to do with their payrolls.  I hope they can sign him for sure, although I'd never give a catcher more than 4 or 5 years.  Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.
    Completely understand re: the unknown. And I'm not one to say to fire anyone in the most exceptional year in the history of ever in the sport, but if the Phils don't a) make the playoffs and b) do not sign JT. Buh bye fucking Klentak and MacPhail.

Before all this I would think a decent deal for both sides would have been 5 yrs/100m, but now I think (if this was a regular year) he's in 5/125 territory if not higher. I think the minimum you can give him is 5 years though.

Regardless, and as much as my tiny violin plays for professional sports team business, once things improve they'll go back to printing money. So I don't really have a ton of sympathy from an economic standpoint. And they're out of leverage. If they let him walk so that the open market produces rates ultimately lower than a regular year, and he signs with another team - all the while Sixto is looking like an ace - I'll be big mad.

Klentak should have gone yesterday.  The bullpen is a disgrace.  Last year gets a pass. David Robertson and Seranthony got hurt. It happens.  This year is unacceptable.

The Sixto situation puts all the pressure in the world on them.  Kid looks good.

Also, there is another deep pocketed team who, while unlikely, may also be in the market for a catcher.  Don't let him hit the market.
    I'm not a fan of trading for catchers to begin with. Say Sixto ends up being a decent #3, and the Marlins get him for 6 years. I think you need at least 3 years of JT - at this kind of production - to make this all worth it.
    Klentak should have gone yesterday.  The bullpen is a disgrace.  Last year gets a pass. David Robertson and Seranthony got hurt. It happens.  This year is unacceptable.

The Sixto situation puts all the pressure in the world on them.  Kid looks good.

Also, there is another deep pocketed team who, while unlikely, may also be in the market for a catcher.  Don't let him hit the market.
    I'm shocked Klentak isn't working out. I mean he was all about analytics and all and we heard for years how that was the most important thing.  Between Kapler, now Klentak and the Sixers maybe I won't have to hear people spew analytics bullshit anymore.
    pjhawks said:

I'm shocked Klentak isn't working out. I mean he was all about analytics and all and we heard for years how that was the most important thing.  Between Kapler, now Klentak and the Sixers maybe I won't have to hear people spew analytics bullshit anymore.
    Every single organization in baseball is about analytics. Some are better at it than others 
    pjhawks said:

Every single organization in baseball is about analytics. Some are better at it than others 
    Some teams put more into it. Like the Yankees 
    , Dodgers, Rays, and Astros

I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    pjhawks said:

If the analytics for the Astros were so good why did they have to cheat and bang on trash cans?

The Dodgers and Yankees win because of their talent, not because of a spreadsheet.  Although currently the Yanks are worse than the Phils
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    pjhawks said:

If the analytics for the Astros were so good why did they have to cheat and bang on trash cans?

The Dodgers and Yankees win because of their talent, not because of a spreadsheet.  Although currently the Yanks are worse than the Phils
    Red Sox became analytical as well and cheated.
    I miss igotid88
    Nola is going to break the single game strikeout record
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    igotid88 said:
    Nola is going to break the single game strikeout record

:lol: as much as I would like to see that happen he's not gonna do it in a 7 inning game. Might get the no hitter though
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Who said it's louder in this fucking ballpark than when people are actually there? You'd think this was game 7 of the NLCS, fuck me.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    I hate the noise
      To me it is the worst thing about this season.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383

pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    pjhawks said:

The Dodgers and Yankees win because of their talent, not because of a spreadsheet.
    those fuckers win because of money....nothing else,
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The daughter friggen loves singing this song

https://youtu.be/4-bD0ZG5_2w
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Who said it's louder in this fucking ballpark than when people are actually there? You'd think this was game 7 of the NLCS, fuck me.
    Me. It's so fucking annoying. Really bad with football too.

With all these injuries, I think someone needs to come down with Covid so they get a few days off. lol\

There's a game in a couple hours and the Phils haven't put out a lineup card yet. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Me. It's so fucking annoying. Really bad with football too.

With all these injuries, I think someone needs to come down with Covid so they get a few days off. lol\

There's a game in a couple hours and the Phils haven't put out a lineup card yet. 
    And just perfectly, Sixto fucked us up Saturday, JT goes down. And they have nothing but a 21 year old on the 40 man for depth, who hasn't played above A ball. I like Marchand, but I mean come on. Yeah, time to go, front office.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    I hate The Marlins, that is all.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Bullpen? Bullshit is more like it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Bullpen? Bullshit is more like it. 
    9 saves
    11 blown saves
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Bullpen? Bullshit is more like it. 
    9 saves
    11 blown saves
    That's outrageous. Such a shame because the offense is 6th in the league in runs scored.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Bullpen? Bullshit is more like it. 
    9 saves
    11 blown saves
    That's outrageous. Such a shame because the offense is 6th in the league in runs scored.
    The team is actually pretty good now, with one ENORMOUS glaring exception. haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Surgery for Rhys?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Christ almighty. This is the team we deserve in 2020. Anybody interested in a bike ride down to the park to put Klentak and MacPhail's heads on a pike?
    This is bike riding weather...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This is bike riding weather...
    Good. See you there with torches ablaze.