Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    Love booking hotels with free cancellation up until the date.

This Jersey Shore Fest makes me think this CBP show is closer to a reality since someone was saying September?

And I gotta think these Spring shows get pushed to October-ish? Would love shows right up to the election.
    Just cancelled my Baltimore hotel.  Booo.

You think they would do a stadium tour and these shows at the same time?  I feel like it's one or the other
    Well they're in Europe for July right (which also could be on the ropes)? Figure 2nd leg of NA was scheduled for August or September?

Only optimistic news I've read so far is that in China those recovered has surpassed those with the virus. Something like 63k to 113k. But, yeah, the elderly and those vulnerable low immune systems are getting a raw deal.
    Yeah, I don't know.  Does this leg just replace whatever they were originally planning for the fall with a few festivals added? That is kinda what I was thinking.

Dude, one article I was reading, in the Atlantic I think, said China had drones basically flying around catching people out of their houses and telling them to get back in.  Shutting stuff down does seem to work though given those numbers.
    Well, I mean it does say postponed. So I'm assuming - regardless of what happens with future planning/logistics - this is in addition to whatever there was. I'm guessing the roll-out was to announce these two festivals, and then announce more dates later in the month closer to the album debut.

I read that article. I probably have it right now. We all probably have it right now. I am a fan of shutting stuff down.
    Yeah, I guess I'm just saying that if they were to add these to whatever they do in the fall, I have a tough time seeing them do MSG, CBP, assume Fenway, Baltimore, Jersey Shore all right up against each other, 

Yeah, shit is gonna get shut down as these number skyrocket here in a hurry now that tests are going out.  That same Atlantic article said 40-70% of people will get it.
    Domino effect is happening as we speak. From the City: "The Health Department recommends that Philadelphians consider not attending public gatherings with more than 5,000 expected attendees. This recommendation is particularly important for people who have chronic health conditions or are elderly."

So basically all sporting events. 

Schools are very likely soon to close. Once that happens people to need to just stay home. I figure communication at my work will become WFH by Thursday.

The silly part of this is that gatherings with 4,999 people are OK. 

Agree with Jearl that we are all gonna get this.  I do hope we can try and sort out what happens to the oldsters/sick among us.
    If you are old and/or sick, protect yourself.
    Protect yourself even if you're not old or sick. Even if it's unlikely that a 36-year-old like myself would die from it, it would still suck to have it. It sucks to have the flu, and this sounds worse. 
    .....it would also suck for you to get it and pass it on to a relative over the age of 60 who is much more at risk of dying than you are.

This is what I don't understand by all the people saying it's just the flu and we have nothing to worry about. Do none of them have parents, inlaws, aunts, uncles over the age of 60? Do none of them know anyone with cancer or some other disease that weakens one's immune system?

Fucking people annoy the hell out of me...
    agree. this is what annoys me. it's not about personal protection but protecting the masses. it's about the greater good.   going to weird as fuck if they play games including the NCAA tournament with no fans.  it's crazy where this could go in the next few weeks.  
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    I read somewhere that in 136 years this was the second least amount of snow ever for the city of Philadelphia.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    So I’d say shit is officially hitting the fan
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yeah. 
    This is not unfolding well, at all.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yeah. 
    The fact we’re on clarification number 2 of the presidents statement is not ideal
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yeah. 
    The fact we’re on clarification number 2 of the presidents statement is not ideal
    He shows again how much of a fool he is.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Yeah. 

Futures tumbled as soon as he finished talking.

35% of his base gobbles up everything he says like gospel. The rest of the world see’s right through his bullshit. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    edited March 2020
    Yeah. 

35% of his base gobbles up everything he says like gospel. The rest of the world see’s right through his bullshit. 
    But so it goes - a shame the world doesn't get to vote in our elections because I don't hold out any hope.

My work has us working from home tomorrow - like all of our Philly, Jersey, New York, Virginia, and Georgia offices - to see whether we overload our VPN network. I figure if we don't overload then on Monday they're going to tell us to pick up whatever we want to take home and they'll see us in three weeks.
  • Options
    Yeah. 

But so it goes - a shame the world doesn't get to vote in our elections because I don't hold out any hope.

My work has us working from home tomorrow - like all of our Philly, Jersey, New York, Virginia, and Georgia offices - to see whether we overload our VPN network. I figure if we don't overload then on Monday they're going to tell us to pick up whatever we want to take home and they'll see us in three weeks.
    My place is testing the work at home waters now too...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently I live in the epicenter of this damn thing in PA. Wolf just shut Montco down...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Apparently I live in the epicenter of this damn thing in PA. Wolf just shut Montco down...

yeah saw that on my facebook feed. Just public events and all, right? Their not shutting down the whole county. Retail stores, movie theaters and bars will be open.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Ha.  Juggler gives a Trump-ish update.
    ;)

• Options

yeah saw that on my facebook feed. Just public events and all, right? Their not shutting down the whole county. Retail stores, movie theaters and bars will be open.
    CLOSED IN MONTCO

Wolf ordered the closure of all schools, community centers, gyms, and entertainment venues in Montgomery County. That includes YMCA facilities, theaters, sporting events and concerts.

Schools of all types are included, including public schools, pre-k, higher education and private schools. State-licensed daycares are also closed under the order, county officials said.

He said no mass gatherings should be held, including conferences and rallies.

Wolf strongly recommended the closure of non-essential retail facilities.

OPEN IN MONTCO

Governor Wolf ordered critical infrastructure to remain open.

That includes all health care facilities such as pharmacies, urgent care facilities, primary care, outpatient services, long-term care facilities and hospitals.

That also includes gas stations, grocery stores, utilities, public safety, correctional facilities, government facilities, and mass transit.

TRANSIT IN MONTCO

Amtrak will begin operating a reduced schedule Friday and Ardmore station will be closed for two weeks.

Wolf said his office is working with SEPTA to evaluate the impact on mass transit.

"My administration will is working closely with our transportation partners to be sure we maintain essential transportation services wherever possible," Wolf said.

Any state employee traveling in and out of Montgomery County between workplace and home is being asked to work remotely.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jeebus, this is going to absolutely cripple our economy.

• Options
    My work take is basically that it is business as usual.  If your kids school is closed, use flexible hours or take time off. We can work from home as much as we want but offices are not closed.
  • Options
    You are in a good business for pretty much any time....many businesses rely on interactions or discretionary spending.  That is gonna be gone for at least a month.
  • Options
    You are in a good business for pretty much any time....many businesses rely on interactions or discretionary spending.  That is gonna be gone for at least a month.
    Yes, it’s going to be a tough time for a ton of businesses. Mine is going to actually get busier. As reps are not able to see doctors, companies will likely reallocate dollars to marketing. Going to be interesting, to say the least. We do rely on interactions, but not to the extent of others. 
  • Options
    My takeaway from today's WFH is that scrapple is truly the greatest breakfast meat to pair with coffee.
  • Options
    My takeaway from today's WFH is that scrapple is truly the greatest breakfast meat to pair with coffee.

Hope you have a bunch of it in the freezer to hold you 30 days.  ;)

I still have yet to eat that -- or Taylor Ham.  I have eaten things that are close, so I know I will like them both.  Just havent purchased to cook, myself.
  • Options

Hope you have a bunch of it in the freezer to hold you 30 days.  ;)

I still have yet to eat that -- or Taylor Ham.  I have eaten things that are close, so I know I will like them both.  Just havent purchased to cook, myself.
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa whooooaaaa....the fuck?

It's spelled p-o-r-k-_-r-o-l-l.
  • Options
    Pork roll and cheese on a bagel is A+

Scrapple is the tits...probably literally
  • Options
    If you're not from here, I can understand taking a while to trying scrapple....but how the hell have you not had pork roll yet? Pork roll egg and cheese on an everything, Cliff. Hell of a breakfast.

Also, are you guys syrup or ketchup on scrapple? I have always been a syrup guy. I liken it to breakfast sausage which also gets the syrup treatment.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ha.  Love the reaction.  Will eat that stuff soon, as soon as the quarantine is lifted!
  • Options
    I don't put ketchup on anything but shitty fries.  Syrup if anything but only if I am eating something else that requires syrup.  Otherwise straight meat or if I am eating something with hot sauce, which usually, it will makes it's way to everything else.
  • Options
    With no sports, this is what these threads will look like moving forward. Syrup and ketchup discussions. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    If you're not from here, I can understand taking a while to trying scrapple....but how the hell have you not had pork roll yet? Pork roll egg and cheese on an everything, Cliff. Hell of a breakfast.

Also, are you guys syrup or ketchup on scrapple? I have always been a syrup guy. I liken it to breakfast sausage which also gets the syrup treatment.

Ketchup on scrapple. Pork roll with cheese.  Seriously good shit.

On side note took off today to watch the conference tourneys so decided to stay with day off. Went into local acme.  This shit is crazy. Never seen shelves so empty.  If this gets out of control there is gonna be some serious shortages of shot.  Bizarre times we are living in
  • Options
    I can go either way with scrapple - ketchup in some instances, but mostly syrup. And dare I say, yeah I'm about to say it, gonna try dunking it in my coffee. Just to get this outta the way meow - fuck you. Try it then fight me.

Also I think I may hate ketchup now. It makes almost nothing better. Sausage, and bacon, too, with syrup is divine. 

In related news - I'm a gross fucking pig.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Ketchup on scrapple. Pork roll with cheese.  Seriously good shit.

On side note took off today to watch the conference tourneys so decided to stay with day off. Went into local acme.  This shit is crazy. Never seen shelves so empty.  If this gets out of control there is gonna be some serious shortages of shot.  Bizarre times we are living in
    Everything about today is fucking off. No traffic. Parking lot at work is a quarter full. People are packing up their monitors and towers to head home. Feels like a snow day but it’s 70 and sunny. 

In a weird way it reminds me of what 9/11 was like (obviously I wasn’t in NYC but I did live 5 minutes from the pentagon back then and Alexandria VA was a ghost town by mid afternoon). 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I can go either way with scrapple - ketchup in some instances, but mostly syrup. And dare I say, yeah I'm about to say it, gonna try dunking it in my coffee. Just to get this outta the way meow - fuck you. Try it then fight me.

Also I think I may hate ketchup now. It makes almost nothing better. Sausage, and bacon, too, with syrup is divine. 

In related news - I'm a gross fucking pig.

Super Troopers ref?  Nice!