Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,777
    Philly schools now closed, until the 27th. That's reeeeeeally gonna fuck some shit up.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Expected them to close in Cherry Hill but they just sent out a cancellation of all school related activities beyond actual school.  Glad to hear this, I think it is right at this point. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Philly schools now closed, until the 27th. That's reeeeeeally gonna fuck some shit up.
    So assume daycares will follow suit?
  • Options
    PA schools closed
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

I would imagine...
  • Options
    I guess? Honestly, hope not though, haha.
  • Options
    Yeeeeah.  I mean they say kids are fine, not have been diagnosed, but I did read that they can transmit it, so I would assume they'll close.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,738

I keep waiting to get the email from my kids daycare.....hoping that doesn't come through.  The place we go to is an independent small business and not associated with any chain so I'm guessing they'll stay open until they are forced to close.  But if it's the wife and I both working from home with a crazy 3 year old and a 10 month old who hates sleeping......holy shit.  Glad I'm all stocked up on booze.

Was looking forward to meeting a bunch of you Philly animals at the Baltimore show....hopefully I can make it whenever it gets rescheduled for.
  • Options
    Yeeeeah.  I mean they say kids are fine, not have been diagnosed, but I did read that they can transmit it, so I would assume they'll close.
    Just talked to the lady who runs ours. At this time she's not closing. But she's like 65 so I'm trying to reiterate to her that it probably wouldn't be great for her, or her husband. Other than that, though,  at least these kids are around each other daily and share the same germs. 
  • Options
    Just talked to the lady who runs ours. At this time she's not closing. But she's like 65 so I'm trying to reiterate to her that it probably wouldn't be great for her, or her husband. Other than that, though,  at least these kids are around each other daily and share the same germs. 
    Annnd ours is closed. The right decision. Hopefully this all works but holy hell its gonna be an interesting couple weeks
  • Options

I keep waiting to get the email from my kids daycare.....hoping that doesn't come through.  The place we go to is an independent small business and not associated with any chain so I'm guessing they'll stay open until they are forced to close.  But if it's the wife and I both working from home with a crazy 3 year old and a 10 month old who hates sleeping......holy shit.  Glad I'm all stocked up on booze.

Was looking forward to meeting a bunch of you Philly animals at the Baltimore show....hopefully I can make it whenever it gets rescheduled for.
    Ours is closed. Gonna be interesting.

yeah man. Was looking forward to meeting you. Hope you, and we, can make it next time
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I’m so interested in the next couple days and the numbers now that testing is going out. If these numbers skyrocketing, we’re in this for the long haul. Listening to something that says we’re two weeks behind Italy in terms of response. I’m kinda spooked 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    I’m so interested in the next couple days and the numbers now that testing is going out. If these numbers skyrocketing, we’re in this for the long haul. Listening to something that says we’re two weeks behind Italy in terms of response. I’m kinda spooked 
    Yeah. I’m officially working from home for the first time. Supposed to be for two weeks but I’m thinking it will probably be a lot longer...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,862
    Anyone doing the Gigaton listening thing? Few around there area like Cherry Hill, Neshanimy and Collegeville
    I'm supposed to be away that week. Would've liked to have gone. Is it the movie tavern in Collegeville?
    yeah that's the one i'm going to.

and it's cancelled
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Anyone doing the Gigaton listening thing? Few around there area like Cherry Hill, Neshanimy and Collegeville
    I'm supposed to be away that week. Would've liked to have gone. Is it the movie tavern in Collegeville?
    yeah that's the one i'm going to.

and it's cancelled
    Of course. Fuck
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Told the five year old that his school was closed for two weeks.  How did that make him feel?
    "great!"

Good to be a kid.
  • Options
    So our work is putting us on a rotating schedule where 1/3 of staff will be in the office every 3rd. Kinda odd, also think it was planned put before PA closed all of the schools.
  • Options
    I don't understand that.  Every third week?
    What does this accomplish?

• Options
    Told the five year old that his school was closed for two weeks.  How did that make him feel?
    "great!"

Good to be a kid.

spring break came early
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Social distancing? Less people in the office at the same time I guess...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Social distancing? Less people in the office at the same time I guess...
    I don't know much about such things but it seems doing that and keeping the same third on place might be a better practice.  
    Donno.
    We split up the staff that works in our hq and for the time being that is who will work in office.  Some will come in certain days but the schedule will be the same and people will indeed spread out....if they didn't have their own offices they will get one, or at last much more space.
  • Options
    Sorry meant every 3rd day, we're rotating in thirds. Social distancing but taking in account if anyone needs to physically be in the office...I guess. But again this was before the PA school closings.
  • Options
    Chester and Delco follows.  Not sure about if our store is gonna be closed, most likely., I work in retail but it's more of a clothing store so we'll see.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Wild to see the rise in prices for bidets on Amazon. One I was looking at that was ~$30 is now $145.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    One of those south philly Irish clubs loading into a double decker bus, on the loud speaker “they don’t want people congregating so keep this off social media”. Bunch of Fucking geniuses 
  • Options
    Ha!
    Yeah, the first time we were in Philly the weekend before St Patty's I was pretty stunned by what I saw.
    Was a time when I would have happily joined in....but these folks were of all ages.  
    Not shocking 
    This is why the only effective lockdown in the USA would be army enforced - people will not do it themselves.
    I went for a long run this morning (fucking race I was training for down the shore next weekend.....cancelled of course) and it was pretty odd to see so few people and/or cars around.  
  • Options
    The mouth breathing sect is a rather large one in Philly, and of course the country, but even more so in Pennsport.
  • Options
    Chester and Delco follows.  Not sure about if our store is gonna be closed, most likely., I work in retail but it's more of a clothing store so we'll see.
    Kinda surprised where I work is open.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The mouth breathing sect is a rather large one in Philly, and of course the country, but even more so in Pennsport.
    Yes, indeed.

CDC recommending no groups over 50 people for 8 weeks. No shot my daycare opens in the next two months.  This is going to be fucking bizarre.  Wife may need to take a leave.  Think FMLA will be expanded to cover child care?
  • Options
    Know anyone with a business in the city? They should check this out:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NHZR5JQ