Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,896
    Not that spring training records mean anything but the Phillies are doing Pretty well so far 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Pearl Jam should be playing The Shore and not the Jersey Shore damnit...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    Pearl Jam should be playing The Shore and not the Jersey Shore damnit...
    wonder how this will affect (or effect? i just never know which one is correct in my usage) any possible Philly shows in the fall.  And if so will the Philly shows be around this time.  
  • Options
    Annnnd tickets purchased to a music festival at the Jersey Shore.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    And the fuking beach boys! I think we're doing this too. Any idea on accommodations? 
  • Options
    No photo description available
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    And the fuking beach boys! I think we're doing this too. Any idea on accommodations? 
    >>>>>>> Beatles.

No idea yet on accommodations. Overpriced hotel nearby? Also was thinking of finding a campground that is close since I splurged on a bunch of new campng shit.
  • Options
    well so much for the spring tour
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Right move.  Was going to Nashville so kind of glad the decision was taken out of my hands. Would have been a really hard decision to make to travel
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Right move.  Was going to Nashville so kind of glad the decision was taken out of my hands. Would have been a really hard decision to make to travel

yeah i suppose so, just sucks. I was just doing baltimore so not too much of a loss but still.....
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    An absolute bummer.  Some pretty awesome things I had planned, personal and professional, have been cancelled, but what can you do...
  • Options
    Love booking hotels with free cancellation up until the date.

This Jersey Shore Fest makes me think this CBP show is closer to a reality since someone was saying September?

And I gotta think these Spring shows get pushed to October-ish? Would love shows right up to the election.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    Have a race my sister is big into and I participate in to support her that will likely be the last weekend or so in September.  Unable to pull trigger on Ohana or Shore shows until then but I like the idea of either one.  
    So many plans that are going to be fucked by the mass hysteria buy concert plans are very low on the level of concern list.  
    Beyond old people potentially getting bombarded by this thing my biggest concern is to our economy.  This is going to fuck many businesses, especially small and medium ones.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

This Jersey Shore Fest makes me think this CBP show is closer to a reality since someone was saying September?

And I gotta think these Spring shows get pushed to October-ish? Would love shows right up to the election.
    Just cancelled my Baltimore hotel.  Booo.

You think they would do a stadium tour and these shows at the same time?  I feel like it's one or the other
  • Options

You think they would do a stadium tour and these shows at the same time?  I feel like it's one or the other
    Well they're in Europe for July right (which also could be on the ropes)? Figure 2nd leg of NA was scheduled for August or September?

Only optimistic news I've read so far is that in China those recovered has surpassed those with the virus. Something like 63k to 113k. But, yeah, the elderly and those vulnerable low immune systems are getting a raw deal.
  • Options

Well they're in Europe for July right (which also could be on the ropes)? Figure 2nd leg of NA was scheduled for August or September?

Only optimistic news I've read so far is that in China those recovered has surpassed those with the virus. Something like 63k to 113k. But, yeah, the elderly and those vulnerable low immune systems are getting a raw deal.
    Yeah, I don't know.  Does this leg just replace whatever they were originally planning for the fall with a few festivals added? That is kinda what I was thinking.

Dude, one article I was reading, in the Atlantic I think, said China had drones basically flying around catching people out of their houses and telling them to get back in.  Shutting stuff down does seem to work though given those numbers.
  • Options

Yeah, I don't know.  Does this leg just replace whatever they were originally planning for the fall with a few festivals added? That is kinda what I was thinking.

Dude, one article I was reading, in the Atlantic I think, said China had drones basically flying around catching people out of their houses and telling them to get back in.  Shutting stuff down does seem to work though given those numbers.
    who knows about the rescheduling as they are going to have to wait to see how this virus continues.  i don't think you can reschedule until you know more. you don't want to reschedule for August or so and the virus is still around then have to cancel again. It wouldn't surprise me if they almost wait until next year.  just too many unknowns to reschedule for just 5 or 6 months out in my opinion.   
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Well, I mean it does say postponed. So I'm assuming - regardless of what happens with future planning/logistics - this is in addition to whatever there was. I'm guessing the roll-out was to announce these two festivals, and then announce more dates later in the month closer to the album debut.

I read that article. I probably have it right now. We all probably have it right now. I am a fan of shutting stuff down.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Well, I mean it does say postponed. So I'm assuming - regardless of what happens with future planning/logistics - this is in addition to whatever there was. I'm guessing the roll-out was to announce these two festivals, and then announce more dates later in the month closer to the album debut.

I read that article. I probably have it right now. We all probably have it right now. I am a fan of shutting stuff down.
    Yeah, I guess I'm just saying that if they were to add these to whatever they do in the fall, I have a tough time seeing them do MSG, CBP, assume Fenway, Baltimore, Jersey Shore all right up against each other, 

Yeah, shit is gonna get shut down as these number skyrocket here in a hurry now that tests are going out.  That same Atlantic article said 40-70% of people will get it.
  • Options

Yeah, I guess I'm just saying that if they were to add these to whatever they do in the fall, I have a tough time seeing them do MSG, CBP, assume Fenway, Baltimore, Jersey Shore all right up against each other, 

Yeah, shit is gonna get shut down as these number skyrocket here in a hurry now that tests are going out.  That same Atlantic article said 40-70% of people will get it.
    Domino effect is happening as we speak. From the City: "The Health Department recommends that Philadelphians consider not attending public gatherings with more than 5,000 expected attendees. This recommendation is particularly important for people who have chronic health conditions or are elderly."

So basically all sporting events. 

Schools are very likely soon to close. Once that happens people to need to just stay home. I figure communication at my work will become WFH by Thursday.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    The 5 year old got sick over the weekend.  We have seen it before, knew what it was, but took him to the Dr on Sunday to get the word.
    Doc provided confirmation, gave us a note that checked off that it was not contagious and we sent him to school on Monday.
    They called to ask us to pick him up a few hours in.  I went through the checklist with the nurse, and I had the correct answers to the test.  She pointed to his being uncomfortable and wanting to be home. 
    I asked her a few questions about the environment there and said we would come and grab him.
    My Mother In Law was on standby since we thought this might happen.
    He is home again today, although the only sign of anything is crusty crap from his eyes. 
    Tomorrow AM I am sending him to school again.
    Would not be shocked if they say he needs to go home again, even though he has been confirmed by a doc that nothing is contagious and he has not had a fever, at all.

For sure I believe they will close the schools.  Hysteria is in full mode and they are pressured to do so at the first sign.  Their updates all point to nobody associated with the school being a The Rona victim yet.  Well, when it eventually happens I say they are gonna close shit up.
    Crazy.
    See what that does to folks trying to work.
  • Options

Domino effect is happening as we speak. From the City: "The Health Department recommends that Philadelphians consider not attending public gatherings with more than 5,000 expected attendees. This recommendation is particularly important for people who have chronic health conditions or are elderly."

Schools are very likely soon to close. Once that happens people to need to just stay home. I figure communication at my work will become WFH by Thursday.

The silly part of this is that gatherings with 4,999 people are OK. 

Agree with Jearl that we are all gonna get this.  I do hope we can try and sort out what happens to the oldsters/sick among us.
    If you are old and/or sick, protect yourself.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728

Agree with Jearl that we are all gonna get this.  I do hope we can try and sort out what happens to the oldsters/sick among us.
    Protect yourself even if you're not old or sick. Even if it's unlikely that a 36-year-old like myself would die from it, it would still suck to have it. It sucks to have the flu, and this sounds worse. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

I mean I don't think that's the case - it's a recommendation, so I think overall anywhere close to that number would be advisable not to go. And even more so just stay home in general. Penn and Harvard told their students not to come back after spring break until like April 17th. 

And I'd say a lot of this from the business/institution standpoint is being driven by risk management (lawyers) not public health officials, though that's certainly the City's communication.

• Options

Have pretty pretty good seats for the Sixers tomorrow...Hmmmm...

Looks like Phoneixville schools are going online.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

Protect yourself even if you're not old or sick. Even if it's unlikely that a 36-year-old like myself would die from it, it would still suck to have it. It sucks to have the flu, and this sounds worse. 
    .....it would also suck for you to get it and pass it on to a relative over the age of 60 who is much more at risk of dying than you are.

This is what I don't understand by all the people saying it's just the flu and we have nothing to worry about. Do none of them have parents, inlaws, aunts, uncles over the age of 60? Do none of them know anyone with cancer or some other disease that weakens one's immune system?

Fucking people annoy the hell out of me...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

.....it would also suck for you to get it and pass it on to a relative over the age of 60 who is much more at risk of dying than you are.

This is what I don't understand by all the people saying it's just the flu and we have nothing to worry about. Do none of them have parents, inlaws, aunts, uncles over the age of 60? Do none of them know anyone with cancer or some other disease that weakens one's immune system?

Agree about not giving it to older people -- not saying I am going to walk around licking the side of the bus seat but I do think shutting everything down is a bit much.  We will see as things unfold.  I certainly have no voice in what happens and will look to protect myself and my family as I see makes the most sense, as I am sure we all will.
  • Options

Agree about not giving it to older people -- not saying I am going to walk around licking the side of the bus seat but I do think shutting everything down is a bit much.  We will see as things unfold.  I certainly have no voice in what happens and will look to protect myself and my family as I see makes the most sense, as I am sure we all will.
    The main issue here I have with this though is if these fucking jokers running the show from a governmental standpoint took this more serious from the jump then communication and expectation would have been planned exceedingly better than it is now, along with the ability to have curtailed it earlier.
  • Options

The main issue here I have with this though is if these fucking jokers running the show from a governmental standpoint took this more serious from the jump then communication and expectation would have been planned exceedingly better than it is now, along with the ability to have curtailed it earlier.

Tough to find much good about our beautiful/perfect planning as a country.