Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I got 115 for Baltimore. Row a. Looks kinda shitty. Low but back corner 
    same section as me then ( i think i'm in row E). I was in section 114 the last time. although i got that one through ticketmaster. I guess higher demand this time.
    Oh nice. How was 114?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    same section as me then ( i think i'm in row E). I was in section 114 the last time. although i got that one through ticketmaster. I guess higher demand this time.
    Oh nice. How was 114?
    yeah it's in the back but but they were decent seats, I think i was in AA or BB (first or second row)
    Image may contain 1 person crowd and night

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Oh nice. How was 114?
    yeah it's in the back but but they were decent seats, I think i was in AA or BB (first or second row)
    Image may contain 1 person crowd and night

Okay okay. I’ll take it. Helps it’s such a small place 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Poncier said:
    Got pretty good seats at MSG from my number not being low.  The prioritized higher numbers for the floor and I got stage side, which is preferable.  115 row 13
    Not sure about my wife's seats and trade partner to see how that works out. 

Those are actually damn good seats. I've sat in similar "side stage" sections for a bunch of concerts in the past (sometimes because they were half the price of the next section over in the case of acts like U2 and Macca) and they are usually a great view. You'll be right on top of Mike.
    Hope so, depends on the stage setup.  Per the chart, it looks awesome.  Per the View From My Seat and Google, it depends on how they set up the stage.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Know who had a lot more than 2 good seasons for the Phillies, won a championship and didn't crash his plane flying it like an idiot (potentially stoned)?  Chase Utley.  Retire his number instead.
  • Options
     Chase Utley.  Retire his number
    I'll just remove the parts I didn't like and quote the part I did. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,788
    I actually give the Phillies credit for sticking to the theme that you have to be in the Hall of Fame to have your number retired. Not like that bullshit Wall of Fame nonsense.

BUT...with that said - Doc shouldn't have his number retired, and the Phils are definitely going to have to retire some numbers of some guys who are not making the Hall of Fame (Utley, Rollins, Hamels, Howard).
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    But doc is only in the hall of fame for said reasons lol.

curious how they handle those 4. Not sure how you do one and not the rest and given those restrictions some tough decisions 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Know who had a lot more than 2 good seasons for the Phillies, won a championship and didn't crash his plane flying it like an idiot (potentially stoned)?  Chase Utley.  Retire his number instead.
    :lol:
  • Options
    But doc is only in the hall of fame for said reasons lol.

curious how they handle those 4. Not sure how you do one and not the rest and given those restrictions some tough decisions 
    Haha, maybe? He definitely got in quickly because of those, uh, "merits" (?) and never should have went in with two hats.

Absolutely all 4 should be treated the same. There's a slight argument to maybe be made for Rollins and Utley when it comes to the actual HOF. But that's not happening and all 4 should be treated the same in this regard. Just have some big circus and put all 4 of them up there on the same day. But they'll drag it out I'm sure.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    There were two other guys in the infield of that team who should have their number retired before chase.  Love chase but the other two were league mvp’s.  hardware matters

And Rollins will make the hall of fame and I think ultimately Howard is 50/50 to make it.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    There were two other guys in the infield of that team who should have their number retired before chase.  Love chase but the other two were league mvp’s.  hardware matters

And Rollins will make the hall of fame and I think ultimately Howard is 50/50 to make it.
    Chase Utley had a SIGNIFICANTLY better career than both Rollins and Howard.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Not even touching this for a deep convo. The two of the four who could remotely be considered for the HOF is Utley and Rollins, both for actual votes by writers and the veteran committee. I don't think Rollins gets in with the writers because the numbers aren't there. I could see Utley possibly getting in with the numbers because he was the hands-down best 2nd basemen for a 5-6 year window (this is the merit essentially Doc was getting in for, but for a decade). On the other hand, I could possibly see with an outside shot Rollins getting in with the veterans committee and mayyyybe Utley.

But Hamels and Howard aren't Hall of Famers. Though all four definitely deserve to have their numbers retired with the Phillies.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    Not even touching this for a deep convo. The two of the four who could remotely be considered for the HOF is Utley and Rollins, both for actual votes by writers and the veteran committee. I don't think Rollins gets in with the writers because the numbers aren't there. I could see Utley possibly getting in with the numbers because he was the hands-down best 2nd basement for 5-6 year window (this is the merit essentially Doc was getting in for, but for a decade). On the other hand, I could possibly see with an outside shot Rollins getting in with the veterans committee and mayyyybe Utley.

But Hamels and Howard aren't Hall of Famers. Though all four definitely deserve to have their numbers retired with the Phillies.
    Agree with all of this, especially the bolded part. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Yes, best 2nd basement for sure. Damn I gotta edit.

Also a big fan of basically any advanced metrics on these things:
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_SS.shtml
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_2B.shtml
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_1B.shtml

And the player similarity scores they have I always enjoy (I SAID I WOULDN'T DO THIS)
    Utley:
    1. Ian Kinsler (923.5)
    2. Bret Boone (908.2)
    3. Hanley Ramirez (896.0)
    4. Bobby Doerr (895.8) *
    5. Brandon Phillips (884.4)
    6. Bobby Grich (882.6)
    7. Vern Stephens (879.2)
    8. Ray Durham (877.3)
    9. Travis Fryman (870.4)
    10. Joe Gordon (867.3) *

* - Signifies Hall of Famer
    Rollins:

1. arry Larkin (861.4) *
    2. Alan Trammell (850.4) *
    3. Lou Whitaker (836.1)
    4. Roberto Alomar (829.5) *
    5. Edgar Renteria (819.6)
    6. Ryne Sandberg (814.3) *
    7. Jay Bell (804.3)
    8. Ted Simmons (797.1) *
    9. Joe Morgan (795.3) *
    10. Ray Durham (795.2)

* - Signifies Hall of Famer

Howard

1. Mo Vaughn (895.7)
    2. Prince Fielder (882.4)
    3. Nelson Cruz (879.1)
    4. Frank Howard (878.0)
    5. Darryl Strawberry (877.7)
    6. Richie Sexson (870.6)
    7. Cecil Fielder (868.5)
    8. Rocky Colavito (867.0)
    9. Greg Vaughn (865.2)
    10. Jeromy Burnitz (858.7)

Actually, the more I look at these the more I'm persuaded to put Utley and Rollins in for sure.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks said:

Chase Utley had a SIGNIFICANTLY better career than both Rollins and Howard.
    anyone who thinks howard has a shot at the HOF is an idiot.  plain and simple.

I don't think any of the three gets in -- but utley has best chance by far.

halladay number being retired shows how pathetic this franchise is.  he started 103 games for them.  3 seasons.  haha.  maybe pedro martinez number is next to be retired.

can't wait for another fourth place NL east finish this season.
  • Options
    too lazy to read back through all the comments, but does anyone like the new PJ song?  I think it's um, horrid.  Beginning of the song sounds like a direct ripoff of Wilco's Bull Black Nova -- which is a great song.

will be hitting the baltimore show but I'm more excited to pre and post party w friends (including some of you here) than I am for the show.  PJ just isn't the same and hasn't been for better part of a decade now.  
  • Options
    Pretty sure that I am the only other person who posted here that I don't like it.
    I don't think it is rock
    Boring.
    In 1981 I probably would have thought it was awesome.
  • Options
    Juggs...I did pull a trade for the BMore tickets with my MSG spares, sorry man, can't help you with them.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    The Fixer said:
    too lazy to read back through all the comments, but does anyone like the new PJ song?  I think it's um, horrid.  Beginning of the song sounds like a direct ripoff of Wilco's Bull Black Nova -- which is a great song.

will be hitting the baltimore show but I'm more excited to pre and post party w friends (including some of you here) than I am for the show.  PJ just isn't the same and hasn't been for better part of a decade now.  
    I like the new song, pretty catchy. Although I'm hoping the rest of the album doesn't sound like that.

Will be hitting the pre-party (actually i signed up to volunteer for wishlist one in Baltimore i:smile: ) Might be going out after also, haven't decided yet. I'm planning on driving back that night so don't want to stay out too late.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Pretty sure that I am the only other person who posted here that I don't like it.
    I don't think it is rock
    Boring.
    In 1981 I probably would have thought it was awesome.
    yeah, vedder's growling seems forced and fake.  he sounds like he's doing a voice over for an animated kids movie.  
  • Options
    Someone give me a direct answer - how do I win tickets to this Apollo show? I have a Sirius membership right now for free because I bought some Google stuff. Do I need to just listen to this goddamn channel nonstop?
  • Options
    OK freak out over. 1pm today. See how this works out...

Pretty sure the Phish show at The Met ended up not filling the place and people were able to get in one way or another. I don't see that being the case with this.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Wait, they are doing the Apollo in New York?  Sirius will send out a raffle to join and then yeah, I don't really know how else. I listened to the Phish channel enough around that time and there was nothing about calling in or anything to win tickets, so I don't know that I believe that part of it.

I did hear that they let people in because a lot of people that won tickets weren't local.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

THERE HE IS! 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Wait, they are doing the Apollo in New York?  Sirius will send out a raffle to join and then yeah, I don't really know how else. I listened to the Phish channel enough around that time and there was nothing about calling in or anything to win tickets, so I don't know that I believe that part of it.

I did hear that they let people in because a lot of people that won tickets weren't local.
    Yes, playing The Apollo on 3/26.

Apparently you have to be a member as of 1/22 and to listen at 1pm. Copy said "there will be plenty of chances" to win. I mean, maybe. There's also a travel contest that anyone can sign up for.

Pretty sure that Phish Met show went under the radar for the most part, too.
  • Options
    1PM today?  That is a no go for me, but yeah, I assume it is going to be borderline impossible to get tickets.  Think it was pretty much a lost cause for the Phish show.  Both fan bases are crazy too.
  • Options
    1PM today?  That is a no go for me, but yeah, I assume it is going to be borderline impossible to get tickets.  Think it was pretty much a lost cause for the Phish show.  Both fan bases are crazy too.
    Yes. Now I'm hearing they're also doing something, starting Monday, where if you hear the studio version of 'Go' to call 855-9PEARLJAM.
  • Options
    hmmm. okay okay.  See i guess there was probably something like that for Phish, but I didn't have those details.