PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited August 2014
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:
    whether it's Amaro and/or Sandberg they don't seem to be big fans of Ruf which i don't get.

I do disagree with Murphy on Dom Brown. first off the guy has almost 400 at-bats this season so it isn't like he isn't playing much at all and frankly playing time has to be earned not given because of your age. Brown has sucked this year and his attitude is awfully indifferent on the field. rarely shows a pulse out there and frankly is lazy in the outfield. in total he has had one great month in his career and the rest has been fairly pedestrian or worse.
    the thing with brown is that even though he's been awful, he needs to play everyday. he is one of the few players they have who could be a future piece. the more he plays the quicker they realize if he can play or not.

ruf should be playing first until franco is ready. howard should be driving the team bus and doing fast food commercials
    Brown is a better version of Wes Chamberlain. does he really do anything well? and not a fan of his attitude and energy. I like Ruf a lot more.

absurd that Franco isn't on this team and a fucking travesty if they don't bring him up in september.

i think everyone agreed at the beginning of the season that this team would be better off with the veterans playing less games...and it hasn't happened that way at all for one reason or another. the 4 oldest position players have played the most games for this team.
    I don't think brown is going to make it, but they have to play him. It makes zero sense to see guys like grady sizemore on this roster, let alone taking away ABs from younger guys.

I said when he came up that I didn't like browns swing. It's so long, stiff, and loopy (kind of like another LH hitter on the team who sucks). He shortened it up for a bit last year, but that adjustment didn't last.

I genuinely feel bad for sandberg. He has taken a lot of abuse from fans and media, but really what is he supposed to do?? The roster is an abomination.

I really think it's going to take a decade for this team to recover from the amaro era (assuming it ever ends)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    edited August 2014
    Cliff -

Watched that doc last night. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. Definitely leans towards MOVE, though, more than slightly I'd say.

But, I will say this - fuck the police. Especially Philly cops. Especially the majority of the racist piecesashit that live in the 'burbs and then feel like they are obligated to come into the city to do their jobs.

That's not to knock the city, but to knock the cops/unions/councilmen that are all fucking corrupt and spend more of their time outside of the city than in it.

Thankfully, the past decade has done more to turn this city around than at any point previous.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710

Cliff -

Watched that doc last night. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. Definitely leans towards MOVE, though, more than slightly I'd say.

But, I will say this - fuck the police. Especially Philly cops. Especially the majority of the racist piecesashit that live in the 'burbs and then feel like they are obligated to come into the city to do their jobs.

That's not to knock the city, but to knock the cops/unions/councilmen that are all fucking corrupt and spend more of their time outside of the city than in it.

Thankfully, the past decade has done more to turn this city around than at any point previous.

Yeah, I would probably say so too. I guess I just meant that it didn't really try to defend their actions, philosophy or anything like that. When it came down to those specific shootouts and things, it definitely leaned towards them.

Some of the shit those cops were saying....jesus. They weren't even trying to hide the fact that they were lying.

It definitely seems to be in a much better place today than it was a while back.
    I read that dude Birdie died, drowning in a hot tub on a cruise. I'm assuming he really didn't give a shit about living after all that.

I read that dude Birdie died, drowning in a hot tub on a cruise. I'm assuming he really didn't give a shit about living after all that.

Yeah, last year. I remember hearing about it. I don't know. He seemed to do pretty well for himself after that and have a pretty normal life. What a fucked up thing to have to remember and be a part of though.
    And those shoddy houses they built I'm pretty sure were the $1 houses the PHA developed - they essentially had a price of $1. I could be getting two things mixed together, but it's insane ideas like this that keep parts of the city looking like absolute shit - "well, it already looks like shit, let's keep it looking like shit."

And those shoddy houses they built I'm pretty sure were the $1 houses the PHA developed - they essentially had a price of $1. I could be getting two things mixed together, but it's insane ideas like this that keep parts of the city looking like absolute shit - "well, it already looks like shit, let's keep it looking like shit."

Yeah, Goode hired his boys do it or some shit it said and they were all condemned. Big city government is so fucking corrupt.
    First, let me say, cancer fucking sucks.

But Holy Lord maybe this is a gift sent from above - David Montgomery stepping down as President for a medical leave of absence due to jaw cancer, and Pat Gillick will take over.

BUT...now as I'm writing this...first I thought this would mean CHANGES...now I think it means Rube sticks around another season. God damnit. I litereally got excited, then talked myself out of it while writing this post.

Fuck.
    edited August 2014
    hopefully dr mantis toboggan or dr van nostrand is taking care of montgomery

also, fuck unions...all of them. I love every sept when the teachers union starts bitching about how they're unfairly treated. then every june they're posting vaca pics. teachers are the most sensitive people ever. try working 12 months and then maybe people will listen to you. until then, no one wants to hear your crying. if you're so unfairly treated, go get another job.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

But Holy Lord maybe this is a gift sent from above - David Montgomery stepping down as President for a medical leave of absence due to jaw cancer, and Pat Gillick will take over.

BUT...now as I'm writing this...first I thought this would mean CHANGES...now I think it means Rube sticks around another season. God damnit. I litereally got excited, then talked myself out of it while writing this post.

Fuck.

are you fucking serious? in a thread of lots of insensitive shit this might be the most disgusting insensitive bullshit i've ever read on here. pontificating that someone suffering from cancer is somehow a gift from above? i know some people have reached low levels in these philly threads but this is bottom of the barrel low. sorry i don't wish cancer on even the people i dislike the most and i sure as shit don't take solace in someone having to step down from their job because of it. true colors shown here.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    pjhawks said:

Fuck.

are you fucking serious? in a thread of lots of insensitive shit this might be the most disgusting insensitive bullshit i've ever read on here. pontificating that someone suffering from cancer is somehow a gift from above? i know some people have reached low levels in these philly threads but this is bottom of the barrel low. sorry i don't wish cancer on even the people i dislike the most and i sure as shit don't take solace in someone having to step down from their job because of it. true colors shown here.
    pretty sure that is not what he meant.

it's just nice to have someone as competent as gillick step in while monty recovers...
    www.myspace.com
    on this day in phillies history in 1988...

Kent Tekulve faces 4 batters in a 7-5 win over the Giants, becoming only the second pitcher in ML history to appear in more than 1000 games.
    www.myspace.com
    Going to see the Book of Mormon today. Pretty pumped. Hear great things
    edited August 2014

pjhawks said:

Fuck.

it's just nice to have someone as competent as gillick step in while monty recovers...
    About a year ago i was at the amtrak counter at penn station. Pat gillick was at window next to me. He was all up in arms because the teller didnt give him his senior citizen discount on his ticket. I thought about asking him to take a pic but didnt bother because he seemed like a bitter, cheap old man

This is who we are putting our faith in. Sadly, im not confident
    edited September 2014

if there is so much of an uproar over the redskins' name....why does nobody say anything about this fucking tomahawk chop that has been played out for 2 decades now?

also, cole hamels is bound to throw a no hitter sooner or later...

....well, he had a a few assists, but i'll take it. ha

COLE FUCKING HAMELS (and diekman, giles, and papelschong)!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    franco time
    http://www.thegoodphight.com/2014/9/1/6094621/phillies-eager-to-harvest-maikel-francos-organs

this team just got a tit bit more interesting to watch
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,752

if there is so much of an uproar over the redskins' name....why does nobody say anything about this fucking tomahawk chop that has been played out for 2 decades now?

=D> I didn't even realize they were playing this afternoon. I had to work.

Why did they pull him? Was his pitch count high?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

i was golfing, came home in the 7th.....he was over 100 pitches and walked 5 guys. weird no hitter.
    www.myspace.com

i was golfing, came home in the 7th.....he was over 100 pitches and walked 5 guys. weird no hitter.
    oh ok.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawks said:

Fuck.

I would not expect the philly.com commenter to get it.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417

pjhawks said:

Fuck.

I would not expect the philly.com commenter to get it.
    i wouldn't expect anything less from such a classy guy like you to say that a guy getting cancer is 'maybe a gift from above'. that's a direct quote. pure utter class oozes from ya there but that's par for the course. you must be so proud of yourself.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

What did you think?

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

What did you think?

I thought it was awesome. Hilarious. Just what you would expect from South Park. Really well done.

JK_Livin said:

What did you think?

I thought it was awesome. Hilarious. Just what you would expect from South Park. Really well done.

Yes indeed.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    franco at third tonight...
    www.myspace.com
    i swear to god if i see that batman youtube video one more time..... ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

i swear to god if i see that batman youtube video one more time..... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8r-TiLSVg
    www.myspace.com
    back to back shutouts :-bd
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    edited September 2014

JK_Livin said:

What did you think?

I was there too but on Saturday. It was great. I saw the original cast on Broadway a few years ago and those guys can't be touched. But this was still great nonetheless. Didn't care for the guy playing Elder Cunningham here but everyone else was solid. I thought the girl that played Nabulungi was just as good as the original actress that won the Tony Award. Best of all, my seats were good this time. On Broadway, we were in the second to last row.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    More Ruf less Brown/Howard please.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer