Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,659

if there is so much of an uproar over the redskins' name....why does nobody say anything about this fucking tomahawk chop that has been played out for 2 decades now?

also, cole hamels is bound to throw a no hitter sooner or later...

....well, he had a a few assists, but i'll take it. ha

COLE FUCKING HAMELS (and diekman, giles, and papelschong)!
    does cole fucking hamels know you have a new man crush on the PSU QB?

Lincecum finishes his no-nos, even when he's at 140+ pitches (course, he is in the bullpen now ;) )

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    imalive said:

if there is so much of an uproar over the redskins' name....why does nobody say anything about this fucking tomahawk chop that has been played out for 2 decades now?

Lincecum finishes his no-nos, even when he's at 140+ pitches (course, he is in the bullpen now ;) )

cole hamels eats pieces of shit like tim lincecum for breakfast.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,237
    anyone notice Ben Revere is leading the NL in batting average? :)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282

anyone notice Ben Revere is leading the NL in batting average? :)

yes and if he wins will probably be the worst player in baseball history to ever win one. hard to believe the top average is only .314 in the NL.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Bar Rescue in Philly this week. I gotta find Jon Taffer. I do know Westies is being filmed next week and the wife knows the owner. Gonna try to get in there for that. Gotta do the stress test. I want to see Taffer freak out in person.
  • Options
    Looks like we are buying a house in south philly! Shit just happened fast.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,828

Congratulations on becoming one of the neanderthals, Cliff.
  • Options

Bar Rescue in Philly this week. I gotta find Jon Taffer. I do know Westies is being filmed next week and the wife knows the owner. Gonna try to get in there for that. Gotta do the stress test. I want to see Taffer freak out in person.

one of the dj's at WXPN saw John Taffer. wonder what bar he rescued
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458

congrats!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Lickety Split on South Street. The opening is tomorrow.

And West Tavern (Westies) at 15th and Callowhill. Like I said, the wife went to high school with the owner of that. Heard that was happening for a couple months now. I don't believe there has been any filming there yet though.
  • Options

haha, sonofabith. This is South Philly too.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive said:

remember the debate about who was better...cain vs hamels?

yeah
  • Options

Lickety Split on South Street. The opening is tomorrow.

And West Tavern (Westies) at 15th and Callowhill. Like I said, the wife went to high school with the owner of that. Heard that was happening for a couple months now. I don't believe there has been any filming there yet though.
    cool
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

"Andrew:

Riley Cooper is something of a folk hero in white south Philly, which is generally less tolerant than white south Africa."

.....Muahahahaha
  • Options

"Andrew:

Riley Cooper is something of a folk hero in white south Philly, which is generally less tolerant than white south Africa."

.....Muahahahaha
    Fuck.Me.
  • Options
    was out last night, but caught the highlights of the game. nice comeback!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    8 games out of a playoff spot image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    How long until Revel is bought?
  • Options

How long until Revel is bought?

I don't know but I could use a cheap venue for a wedding.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    Nutter Agrees To Sign Bill Softening Marijuana Laws in Philadelphia

y Mike Dunn
    PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Mayor Nutter today agreed to sign into law a bill that essentially decriminalizes possession of small amounts of marijuana. But he says he’ll sign it only after City Council tweaks certain details of the measure.
    The original bill, authored by councilman Jim Kenney, would have police issuing citations akin to a parking ticket for possession of one ounce of pot or less.
    The Nutter administration and police officials had reservations about that approach. Now, Kenney and the mayor have reached agreement on a compromise: the infraction would result in what’s called a “non-summary civil offense.”
    “We’ve gotten to a place where it is out of the criminal realm,” Kenney said today. “There’s no more handcuffs, no more bookings, no more criminal record. Police will not have to leave their posts and go to the station house to deal with this. People will pay a fine based on the offense: $25 for the possession of anything under an ounce.”
    Anyone cited would be required to make an appearance before a Municipal Court judge, but there would be no criminal record. Those caught smoking marijuana in public would face a $100 fine, which could be waived if they agree to several hours of public service.
    Kenney says this approach will spare more than 4,000 people from being arrested each year, and will save the Philadelphia Police Department about $4 million a year.
    “There will be no criminal record for an individual. And that’s a major step,” Kenney notes. “We have so many people that we are putting in the prison pipeline, and the poverty pipeline, because a criminal record is a debilitating thing.”
    Story continues below…
    (Mayor Nutter speaks with reporters outside his City Hall office. Photo by Mike Dunn)
    (Mayor Nutter speaks with reporters outside his City Hall office. Photo by Mike Dunn)
    —–
    Mayor Nutter praised Kenney’s efforts and says the councilman’s original opened his eyes about the issue and prompted the administration to study how other cities were handling possession of small amounts of pot.
    “So I think the agreement ends up putting the city and our citizens in a much better place,” Nutter said, adding that decriminalizing pot possession is not the same as condoning marijuana use.
    “It’s not. This is about how we deal with penalties in that regard. And there will be penalties. There’s a consequence to people violating the law,” Nutter said.
    The Kenney bill will be amended this coming Thursday, when City Council returns from its summer recess. It would then undergo another final vote one week later, then sent to the mayor for his signature.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/09/08/nutter-agrees-to-sign-bill-softening-marijuana-laws-in-philadelphia/
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    cutz said:

Nutter Agrees To Sign Bill Softening Marijuana Laws in Philadelphia

y Mike Dunn
    PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Mayor Nutter today agreed to sign into law a bill that essentially decriminalizes possession of small amounts of marijuana. But he says he’ll sign it only after City Council tweaks certain details of the measure.
    The original bill, authored by councilman Jim Kenney, would have police issuing citations akin to a parking ticket for possession of one ounce of pot or less.
    The Nutter administration and police officials had reservations about that approach. Now, Kenney and the mayor have reached agreement on a compromise: the infraction would result in what’s called a “non-summary civil offense.”
    “We’ve gotten to a place where it is out of the criminal realm,” Kenney said today. “There’s no more handcuffs, no more bookings, no more criminal record. Police will not have to leave their posts and go to the station house to deal with this. People will pay a fine based on the offense: $25 for the possession of anything under an ounce.”
    Anyone cited would be required to make an appearance before a Municipal Court judge, but there would be no criminal record. Those caught smoking marijuana in public would face a $100 fine, which could be waived if they agree to several hours of public service.
    Kenney says this approach will spare more than 4,000 people from being arrested each year, and will save the Philadelphia Police Department about $4 million a year.
    “There will be no criminal record for an individual. And that’s a major step,” Kenney notes. “We have so many people that we are putting in the prison pipeline, and the poverty pipeline, because a criminal record is a debilitating thing.”
    Story continues below…
    —–
    Mayor Nutter praised Kenney’s efforts and says the councilman’s original opened his eyes about the issue and prompted the administration to study how other cities were handling possession of small amounts of pot.
    “So I think the agreement ends up putting the city and our citizens in a much better place,” Nutter said, adding that decriminalizing pot possession is not the same as condoning marijuana use.
    “It’s not. This is about how we deal with penalties in that regard. And there will be penalties. There’s a consequence to people violating the law,” Nutter said.
    The Kenney bill will be amended this coming Thursday, when City Council returns from its summer recess. It would then undergo another final vote one week later, then sent to the mayor for his signature.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/09/08/nutter-agrees-to-sign-bill-softening-marijuana-laws-in-philadelphia/

Finally. Now get to legalizing it.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    It is insane how accurate he is, especially considering last night's address. Could you imagine ESPN allowing something like this to run today? They weren't always awful

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1250751

• Options

It is insane how accurate he is, especially considering last night's address. Could you imagine ESPN allowing something like this to run today? They weren't always awful

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1250751

Not at all. This was back when Simmons' articles were good, too.
  • Options
    Going back to our World Cup conversation. Not that this kid will make a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things for the US National team, but definitely a positive step and something you don't see often.

http://247sports.com/Article/Four-star-recruit-opts-for-soccer-31095515
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778

Going back to our World Cup conversation. Not that this kid will make a bit of difference in the grand scheme of things for the US National team, but definitely a positive step and something you don't see often.

That's awesome. Hopefully more kids will follow in his footsteps. Now queue up the "no one gives a shit about soccer" comments.

Any of you Philly guys hitting up shows on the fall tour? I'm doing Moline and Milwaukee...can't wait.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282

That's awesome. Hopefully more kids will follow in his footsteps. Now queue up the "no one gives a shit about soccer" comments.

Any of you Philly guys hitting up shows on the fall tour? I'm doing Moline and Milwaukee...can't wait.
    that's the type of athletes the US will need in the future to compete.

hitting St. Paul. show. Sunday night, no eagles game. heading in Saturday. should be a good time.
  • Options

Yeah, man, for sure. Need more of those 6'4'' 215 lb athletic soccer players, haha. Definitely good news though.

No go for me. Would have done Denver if it wasn't in the middle of the week. Think Fixer is going to a few.

• Options
    pjhawks said:

that's the type of athletes the US will need in the future to compete.

hitting St. Paul. show. Sunday night, no eagles game. heading in Saturday. should be a good time.
    Nice, I've heard that arena in St. Paul is awesome. I thought about hitting St. Paul too but that's a hike from Moline and would be brutal trying to get to Milwaukee the next night.
  • Options

Yeah, man, for sure. Need more of those 6'4'' 215 lb athletic soccer players, haha. Definitely good news though.

No go for me. Would have done Denver if it wasn't in the middle of the week. Think Fixer is going to a few.

Yep, imagine having a pool of players to pick from that had the athleticism of Altidore...maybe on day.

Yeah I've already been talking to Fixer about meeting up in Moline. Would love to do more shows, but have 2 other trips this fall already...wouldn't go over very well with the wife.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Yep, imagine having a pool of players to pick from that had the athleticism of Altidore...maybe on day.

Yeah I've already been talking to Fixer about meeting up in Moline. Would love to do more shows, but have 2 other trips this fall already...wouldn't go over very well with the wife.
    Yeah, dude, no doubt. Someday.

Nice. Yeah, I wish I could. Nothing was that intriguing to me, to come from the East Cost, so didn't try to push it with the wife.