Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    not only has tom mccarthy put a damper on my nfl sunday by calling the phins/bills game, which red zone keeps cutting to......i switched to the phils game in hopes of listening to a little tv play by play by scott franzke but they have murph calling the game. FUCKING MURPH?!?!?!?!? at least let jim jackson do it since he has, you know, play by play calling experience.

as bad as this phillies decline has been, this announcing crew has added to the misery immensely.

murph?!?!?! really?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    edited September 2014
    I didn't mind McCarthy during the Dolphins game today. I actually don't think he's really THAT bad with the Phillies. Sure he's a generic conglomeration of every local-market baseball broadcaster ever, but he could be a lot worse. Some of the guys I hear on MLB network when they do look-ins are way more annoying than he is. But I agree with you on Murph. He's fine for a sidelines guy, but get real. He can't be doing play-by-play.

How about Papelbon going with the crotch-grab? Give the middle-finger like a man you douche. And nice attempt at bullying the umpire.
    http://deadspin.com/jonathan-papelbon-ejected-for-grabbing-crotch-at-booing-1634651203

Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,237
    edited September 2014

I didn't mind McCarthy during the Dolphins game today. I actually don't think he's really THAT bad with the Phillies. Sure he's a generic conglomeration of every local-market baseball broadcaster ever, but he could be a lot worse. Some of the guys I hear on MLB network when they do look-ins are way more annoying than he is. But I agree with you on Murph. He's fine for a sidelines guy, but get real. He can't be doing play-by-play.

How about Papelbon going with the crotch-grab? Give the middle-finger like a man you douche. And nice attempt at bullying the umpire.
    http://deadspin.com/jonathan-papelbon-ejected-for-grabbing-crotch-at-booing-1634651203

:-< just the way our season's been going.

i turned it on briefly and was following online and they were up going into the ninth. figured we got the sweep. Wrong!
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    papelbon is the biggest douchebag to ever play for this team
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

Yeeeeeeeeeeahhh that is not going to end well

Left the game in the 6th. Really wished I saw that
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282

yes he is.

weird to go to west coast this late in the season.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,659
    he said he was merely adjusting his papelschlong.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

did one of the guys on 'around the horn' come up with that? zing!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

imalive said:

:)) i'm sure him and many other will be no longer with the team next year.

Who do you think stays and goes?

Stays-
    Ben Revere
    Marlon Byrd
    Chase Utley
    Cole Hamels
    Chooch

Goes-
    Ryan Howard
    Jimmy Rollins
    Papelbon
    another starting Pitcher (Kendrick?)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

imalive said:

no, wise guy.....that explanation was straight from papeldouche's mouth. [-X

wow....7 games.....does he lose salary?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

imalive said:

Stays-
    Ben Revere
    Marlon Byrd
    Chase Utley
    Cole Hamels
    Chooch

Goes-
    Ryan Howard
    Jimmy Rollins
    Papelbon
    Rollins isn't going anywhere. he is not giving up his no trade.

Papelbon is gone.

Kendrick is most likely gone.

Possible Revere goes. career year and his value will be highest.

Dom Brown is definitely gone.

Howard i think they want gone but will anyone take him?

I think there is a chance they send Asche out too if they can get another young player at a different position.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

imalive said:

Stays-
    Ben Revere
    Marlon Byrd
    Chase Utley
    Cole Hamels
    Chooch

Goes-
    Ryan Howard
    Jimmy Rollins
    Papelbon
    Rollins isn't going anywhere. he is not giving up his no trade.

Papelbon is gone.

Kendrick is most likely gone.

Possible Revere goes. career year and his value will be highest.

Dom Brown is definitely gone.

Howard i think they want gone but will anyone take him?

I think there is a chance they send Asche out too if they can get another young player at a different position.
    oh yeah forgot about Dom Brown and J-Roll's no trade clause
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    so apparently one of guys involved in that beat down of a gay couple over the weekend works at my company.

we are the nfl of the mortgage industry. jesus....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

so apparently one of guys involved in that beat down of a gay couple over the weekend works at my company.

i can't imagine beating someone so badly like that, especially with no apparent reason. what kind of human excrement do you have to be to be that way? i can't wait to see daddy and mommy defend them as good kids. i really don't understand people in this world sometimes.

sucks that your company would be identified in anyway with that.

and when will people realize that there are videotapes everywhere. you can't go a mile without it being on tape anymore. dopes.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

i can't imagine beating someone so badly like that, especially with no apparent reason. what kind of human excrement do you have to be to be that way? i can't wait to see daddy and mommy defend them as good kids. i really don't understand people in this world sometimes.

and when will people realize that there are videotapes everywhere. you can't go a mile without it being on tape anymore. dopes.
    Damn! yeah i saw that all over facebook yesterday. Good for that one dude tweeting all those pics and stuff.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Damn! yeah i saw that all over facebook yesterday. Good for that one dude tweeting all those pics and stuff.
    yeah this morning when i woke up i saw the one picture on facebook of them walking down the street and thought i recognized the one kid who was, ironically, sporting a pink sweater vest. and first thing i heard when i got to work later was that it was him.

incidentally the guy from my work who murdered his wife last year is currently on trial.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

yeah this morning when i woke up i saw the one picture on facebook of them walking down the street and thought i recognized the one kid who was, ironically, sporting a pink sweater vest. and first thing i heard when i got to work later was that it was him.

incidentally the guy from my work who murdered his wife last year is currently on trial.
    damn dude.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

pjhawks said:

damn might want to re-examine those hiring practices :))
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,828
    I originally said, in this order, 7:5 odds they are from: South Jersey, Norfeast, Delco, Manayunk.

Aaaaannnnnnd Norfeast it is.

Piecesashit.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

damn might want to re-examine those hiring practices :))
    it's the mortgage industry...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I have 2 friends that each work with someone that was in the group and a customer's daughter was at the dinner. One of the girls has since deleted her fb page and the one guy is claiming the couple started it by flicking a cig at a girl. Seems far fetched that it would lead to what happened.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,828
    JK_Livin said:

I have 2 friends that each work with someone that was in the group and a customer's daughter was at the dinner. One of the girls has since deleted her fb page and the one guy is claiming the couple started it by flicking a cig at a girl. Seems far fetched that it would lead to what happened.

I no doubt assume that there's more to it then, "HEY BROS THERE'S SOME GAYS TO BEAT UP!"

But that doesn't change anything about what happened. I hope they all get fucked sideways.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

JK_Livin said:

I no doubt assume that there's more to it then, "HEY BROS THERE'S SOME GAYS TO BEAT UP!"

But that doesn't change anything about what happened. I hope they all get fucked sideways.
    Agree. This guy could also just be spinning it so that he and his group doesn't look any worse than they already do.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Agree. This guy could also just be spinning it so that he and his group doesn't look any worse than they already do.
    agree i'm sure it wasn't just them beating up 2 gay guys, but i also doubt any 2 guys would start a fight against a group of 15 or so. no one is that stupid or macho.

and how about the catholic church being so hypocritical on this one (and yes i am borned and raised a catholic - non-practicing these days). fire the guy from his bball assistant's job as soon as his face is seen in the pictures not even knowing if he had anything to do with the actual fight but never fire a priest for molesting boys.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

the story i heard was one of the gay dudes bumped into one of the girls and that set the drunken idiots off.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    diamond club seats for tomorrow night...got 'em for free. never been there before.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So stat from last night is that David Buchanan has now thrown 16 straight games of 5+ innings and 3 or less earned runs. that's pretty stunning.

watched a bunch of the Jeter game last night. sad that our stars will never get to go out like that here. we will run them out before that.
  • Options

diamond club seats for tomorrow night...got 'em for free. never been there before.

5th row directly behind the plate. fucking awesome. could really get a sense for how fast giles was throwing the ball. also, i didn't know this till last night, you have access to a window overlooking both teams' batting cages in the tunnels behind the dugouts. that was cool.

as bad as the phils have been, they were 4-1 in games i went to this year.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

5th row directly behind the plate. fucking awesome. could really get a sense for how fast giles was throwing the ball. also, i didn't know this till last night, you have access to a window overlooking both teams' batting cages in the tunnels behind the dugouts. that was cool.

as bad as the phils have been, they were 4-1 in games i went to this year.
    well you should have went to more games then. :P

Anyone else see this last night? :))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjb3p_bga8
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    cole hamels is the first pitcher to have an era below 2.50 and not have a winning record since orel hershiser in 1989.
    chinese-happy.jpg