Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    A little late but Breckenridge was fun when I went out there 20 years ago. My buddy's parents live there on the other side of the valley facing the slopes. Their view is like that of a postcard.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,828
    edited December 2016
    JK_Livin said:

A little late but Breckenridge was fun when I went out there 20 years ago. My buddy's parents live there on the other side of the valley facing the slopes. Their view is like that of a postcard.

Yeah, I'm pumped. We've been watching this doc on Netflix called, "High Profits", about some couple running a weed shop in Breck, to get in the mood; turns out the dispensary (and a distillery!) is right behind our house.

in Phillies-related news, I like the Herrera signing, barring he doesn't fall off the face of the Earth. If anything you probably made him more attractive in a trade since you're buying up free agent years for a cost-controlled number. And as crazy as it is to say - since baseball has gotten out of hand - $6M for a starting CF with his numbers is a steal.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    You all will be thrilled to know that Dinic's opened up a location not 5 minutes from my abode. Sure, it's not the original, but good god almighty, it's damn close.

It will be tempting not to eat there five times a week.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Oh fuck -- a roast pork with rabe & sharp, 5 times a week? I would gain 50 pounds in 2017.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Oh fuck -- a roast pork with rabe & sharp, 5 times a week? I would gain 50 pounds in 2017.

I went escarole instead of the rabe today...

Yeah, this could be deadly.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I went escarole instead of the rabe today...

Yeah, this could be deadly.
    Escarole? Rabe? I go spinach with the greens over either. In related news, pigged out on John's on Saturday while taking an out-of-towner to the best spot in Philly - two roast porks, two cheesesteaks, shared and enjoyed by three gentlemen. It was quite the menage a trois.
  • Options
    Don't mind this trade....Tobias would probably be nothing more then depth even if he got streaky on this team. And just looking at this real quick, seems like this is a Hellickson(but older)-esque trade. Probably more fitting to say a Charlie Morton-esque type trade: fill up on some arms, hopefully they get streaky and trade them for something. I can't really argue with the logic on this one.

Stay below the radar, take some gambles on some fliers, flesh out your prospect pool, and then get ready for the '18 free agent class (along with trading for Trout, this is more a hope of mine than anything).
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

Don't mind this trade....Tobias would probably be nothing more then depth even if he got streaky on this team. And just looking at this real quick, seems like this is a Hellickson(but older)-esque trade. Probably more fitting to say a Charlie Morton-esque type trade: fill up on some arms, hopefully they get streaky and trade them for something. I can't really argue with the logic on this one.

Stay below the radar, take some gambles on some fliers, flesh out your prospect pool, and then get ready for the '18 free agent class (along with trading for Trout, this is more a hope of mine than anything).

• Options

Terrible face. This is true.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    There are some hot photos of his wife out there....Lindsay Clubine.
    He may makes terrible faces but at least someone likes him.
    (I think he will be a good pitcher for you as well.)

• Options

Heyyyy I remember her, she was on stuff that I watched before.
  • Options

You mean someone likes his money?
  • Options

That is a cynical view of things, sir!

(I agree with that likely assessment.)
  • Options

That is a cynical view of things, sir!

(I agree with that likely assessment.)
    That guy does not pull that girl without a ton of money. Certain things are true in life and that is one of them.
  • Options
    So when do we get pictures of the sister in law?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

So when do we get pictures of the sister in law?

Amiright?
  • Options
    Hahaha. Next summer? Not the type of thing I can ask for and that is the next time I will see her at the beach.
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896

If the "change of scenery" helps him, this will be a good deal for you guys, and really, if your GM is thinking about trading him for something, it might work out really well. Bucholz is good for a few months of quality pitching, then he'll fall apart (usually both figuratively and literally). Squeeze some good early months out of him, and you should be able to get something for him in July.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    MP59559 said:

If the "change of scenery" helps him, this will be a good deal for you guys, and really, if your GM is thinking about trading him for something, it might work out really well. Bucholz is good for a few months of quality pitching, then he'll fall apart (usually both figuratively and literally). Squeeze some good early months out of him, and you should be able to get something for him in July.
    Well, yeah, obviously, that's what they're going for here.
  • Options
    Wawa really sucks, people

/ducks
  • Options

/ducks

This isn't that hot of a take. It's a convenience store, it's better than most convenience stores, their coffee isn't terrible, free ATMs, etc etc.

The only convenience store food that beats it is Valero's fried chicken.
  • Options

/ducks

This isn't that hot of a take. It's a convenience store, it's better than most convenience stores, their coffee isn't terrible, free ATMs, etc etc.

Well yes, this is very reasonable, but this isn't the stance of a good portion of the Delaware Valley.
  • Options

/ducks

Well yes, this is very reasonable, but this isn't the stance of a good portion of the Delaware Valley.
    I'd also say you don't use Wawa like most of the area - city Wawas are the opposite of the usual, they are the worst.

I think your Sarcone take is more inflammatory. Again, go fuck yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

/ducks

I'd also say you don't use Wawa like most of the area - city Wawas are the opposite of the usual, they are the worst.

I think your Sarcone take is more inflammatory. Again, go fuck yourself.
    haha, how does most of the area use it? coffee and gas?

Ahhh, yes, well that is true. Just look at this thing. One bite and all your teeth will get knocked out. Like biting into a slab of concrete. The only thing bread that hard is good for is mopping up olive oil or some other sauce

• Options
    Coffee, gas, paper. Sizzli is always a good get, and their french toast/McGriddle knockoff; good stuff.

Oh. My. God. Look how awful that looks - matter of fact, might do Primo's for lunch. Yep, doing Primo's for lunch.

• Options

Coffee, gas, paper. Sizzli is always a good get, and their french toast/McGriddle knockoff; good stuff.

Oh. My. God. Look how awful that looks - matter of fact, might do Primo's for lunch. Yep, doing Primo's for lunch.

Sarcones is perfect, if you are hungry and/or need a baseball bat.
  • Options
    My wife (SoJersey native) to me as we are finalizing plan to move to Cherry Hill.
    Her -Oh they have Wawas -- thankful to be back around them they are the best
    Me: They are 7-11s, but worse, right?
    Her: Hell no, they are the best!
    Me: They sell Zingers, Smokes, and Beer? This is my C-store holy trinity.
    Her: No, they sell Tasteykakes and you need to go to a different store for beer.
    Me: I fucking hate WaWa

That was in 2012. I am still upset that I cannot go to a little place anywhere around here and get those three things. Tasteykakes suck hind tit. Zingers > Krumpets every day of the week.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282

My wife (SoJersey native) to me as we are finalizing plan to move to Cherry Hill.
    Her -Oh they have Wawas -- thankful to be back around them they are the best
    Me: They are 7-11s, but worse, right?
    Her: Hell no, they are the best!
    Me: They sell Zingers, Smokes, and Beer? This is my C-store holy trinity.
    Her: No, they sell Tasteykakes and you need to go to a different store for beer.
    Me: I fucking hate WaWa

That was in 2012. I am still upset that I cannot go to a little place anywhere around here and get those three things. Tasteykakes suck hind tit. Zingers > Krumpets every day of the week.

Blasphemy. Wawa has the cheapest gas and probably the nicest people working there. it's the one place where people are actually nice including me. Of course if you live in Jersey some dipshit still has to pump your gas so maybe not as convenient for you. and what is a Zinger?
  • Options
    And what the fuck is a Krumpet?
  • Options
    Zinger

Krumpet
    Sorry - this is spelled incorrectly up top.