Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831

Have a plumber at my house, been here for over two hours already. He brought up politics at one point and we kind of argued for about 15 minutes before I had to say, "Alright man....look, I have to go to work and vote eventually today. Can you just replace my garbage disposal already?"

Aaaaaaand now I see it's like 65 and sunny, so fuck work. I'm gonna golf and vote with the wife this evening.

God bless the United States of America.

Joe The Plumber?
    Fred.

Same difference though, man.
    ....probably should've emphasized the Joe part....welp, anyway, might wanna check those pipes after he's done....
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,296
    so stupid PA doesn't do early voting. i think there are only like 6 states left that don't do it. they surely don't make it very convenient for people to vote. I was at polling place in the burbs at 7:15 and i was number 120. wasn't too bad though only took about 20 minutes to get all the way through.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,485
    Election day should be a national holiday. It is ridiculous that it has to be an inconvenience for people to cast a vote.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    What a fuckin piece of shit pat Toomey is
  • Options

Yup. You see that POS Lobiondo from Jersey? Saw commercials even here in Philly that he was all about going against the Republican grain, denounced Trump. THEN switched today and voted for Trump. Reporter from Philly was at his house and he ran his truck into his steps because he was all frazzled.

In related news, I am fully into drinking heavily.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802

Yup. You see that POS Lobiondo from Jersey? Saw commercials even here in Philly that he was all about going against the Republican grain, denounced Trump. THEN switched today and voted for Trump. Reporter from Philly was at his house and he ran his truck into his steps because he was all frazzled.

In related news, I am fully into drinking heavily.
    Love the related news. I have a 5:10am out of PHL....otherwise I would be drinking heavily myself.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    What in the fuck...
  • Options
    Like a Black Mirror episode in real life.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    PA voted for Trump. :weary:
  • Options

Embarrassing
  • Options
    Pa is Philly and Pittsburgh areas with a whole shit load of redneck in between.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,259

My county, Chester, had Clinton :smile:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

My county, Chester, had Clinton :smile:
    Hillary won Philly, Bucks, Chester, and Delaware counties. she won the populated areas of the state. she lost all the redneck areas. hard to believe there were enough votes in those rural counties to defeat her when the turnout was high.
  • Options
    "I love the poorly educated."

-Donald J. Trump
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited November 2016
    I've been fortunate to have numerous great moments in life

getting married
    experiencing the birth of my kids
    being 8 rows off the field when the phillies won the world series
    being in the front row for MMJ at Red Rocks
    being there when claude giroux scored an OT goal in the Cup Finals

Bar hopping in Conshy last night and soaking in Trumps' win is right up there. Unprecedented, unexpected, and one of the best days in American history. I cannot stop smiling today. The Fixer family just got a nice fat pay raise. Thank you America!
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    One of the best days in American History?
    That is fucking ridiculous hyperbole right there.
  • Options

One of the best days in American History?
    That is fucking ridiculous hyperbole right there.

why? the American people kept a felon out of office. for once we did the right thing. A historic night and a great achievement for the country
  • Options
    Ohhhhh boy
  • Options
    Only because there are so many truly great days.
    Days wars ended or things like that --- great moments in history. Even if Trump is your favorite person of all time and Hillary is your least favorite I still think that is silly and over the top.
    If it was your honest opinion then hey, that is your opinion and you are certainly welcome to it. BTW, 'felon' is someone who has been convicted of a felony. Was Hilary convicted of a felony that I missed? Further hyperbole if not.
    A great achievement that half of the country disagreed with --- time will tell, I guess.
    (And I didn't vote for Hillary, just sayin'...)
  • Options

Ohhhhh boy

haha. I hope eddie vedder is reading this thread today
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

Ohhhhh boy

Now, that is funny. :lol:
    Poor Ed....he was so happy over the Cubs. Now I am sure he is writing some angry songs....which at least, is good for those of us who love his angry songs.
  • Options

The Fixer said:

Ohhhhh boy

Poor Ed....he was so happy over the Cubs. Now I am sure he is writing some angry songs....which at least, is good for those of us who love his angry songs.
    You're not gonna want to bring up Eddie with this guy
  • Options
    edited November 2016

The Fixer said:

Ohhhhh boy

OK, leaving. :)
    imagehttps://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzmus773KI1qj3viwo1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2016

The Fixer said:

Ohhhhh boy

I don't think anyone is gonna have to hear from EV for a while -- which is great for all of us

since trump won anyone know when turds like jon stewart and whoopi goldberg are leaving the country per their promises? I am happy to help them pack their bags
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    Belichick, Brady and the Fixer - why am i not surprised?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    edited for civility...

My only hope is that 85% of the garbage he said was just bullshit so a certain segment of the population would vote for him and that he's a much more moderate president.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If you've never heard of Margo Price, then I'd suggest checking her out - she's playing World Cafe tonight, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I tried to watch but the country killed me. Still want to thank you, though, since as I typed Margo into YouTube up popped Margot Robbie and that is never a bad thing to look at for a few minutes