Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,828

I tried to watch but the country killed me. Still want to thank you, though, since as I typed Margo into YouTube up popped Margot Robbie and that is never a bad thing to look at for a few minutes

World Cafe is a solid venue, both up- and downstairs.

Nah, man, Midwest Farmer's Daughter is a pretty fantastic album - Hurting on The Bottle, Hands of Time, Desperate and Depressed....Listening to that album with a joint is a helluva way to relax; the duet she does with Jack White on I'm Lonely But Not Lonely Yet. Now I'm pumped for tonight. Would love to see her when she plays with John Prine next week.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Any of you fucknuts ever had an ear infection as an adult? It is the absolute fucking worst. I have been pretty much crippled since Thursday afternoon. Now my other ear is closing up, I assume because it has had so much fucking pressure on it for so long. Can't hear shit. This sucks.
  • Options

Any of you fucknuts ever had an ear infection as an adult? It is the absolute fucking worst. I have been pretty much crippled since Thursday afternoon. Now my other ear is closing up, I assume because it has had so much fucking pressure on it for so long. Can't hear shit. This sucks.

You sure it's an ear infection?
  • Options

As sure as I can be. Been to the docs twice. Brutal. Pain is pretty much gone at this point. Just have so much crap in my ears I can't hear.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282

As sure as I can be. Been to the docs twice. Brutal. Pain is pretty much gone at this point. Just have so much crap in my ears I can't hear.
    sounds like could be sinuses. mine can get brutal this time of year and can clog the ears and make it hard to hear. it sucks.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

sounds like could be sinuses. mine can get brutal this time of year and can clog the ears and make it hard to hear. it sucks.
    I have never had anything with sinuses. Docs seemed pretty sure it was an infection. Do you get nasty shit in your ears from sinuses?
  • Options

pjhawks said:

I have never had anything with sinuses. Docs seemed pretty sure it was an infection. Do you get nasty shit in your ears from sinuses?
    i don't get filled with stuff per se but i get the pressure and makes it harder to hear at times. sometimes popping my ears can help it a little but not a ton. probably not explaining it well though. I'm sure or would at least hope the doctor knows more than me though. infection clearly is possible because i know there is a lot of shit going around. seems everyone i know has been sick in the last month or so. i had a nasty cold about 3 weeks ago. i've already had 2 colds this fall season and i usually get maybe one per year. got a feeling it could be a long winter.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

i don't get filled with stuff per se but i get the pressure and makes it harder to hear at times. sometimes popping my ears can help it a little but not a ton. probably not explaining it well though. I'm sure or would at least hope the doctor knows more than me though. infection clearly is possible because i know there is a lot of shit going around. seems everyone i know has been sick in the last month or so. i had a nasty cold about 3 weeks ago. i've already had 2 colds this fall season and i usually get maybe one per year. got a feeling it could be a long winter.
    Yeah, man. I rarely get sick and had a cold earlier and now this shit. So annoying.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,659
    cliffy's ear woes take "loosely related" to a whole nuther level.

fuck the new york giants.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Hellickson accepts the $17.2 million offer from Phils. kind of surprising. would have been nice to get the compensation pick if he went somewhere else. Oh well definitely nice trade bait come trade deadline.
  • Options
    Honestly, didn't think he'd accept, but then you think about the idea of a team giving up a pick for signing Hellickson and it definitely makes less sense to expose yourself to a market that may never appear.

Even if he's his average Hellickson self you'll still be able to trade him for something. i can't knock them for their thought process on offering him the QO.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    Funny to think that really none of the prospects Phils traded away for Pence have had an impact, and the Phils got Tommy Joseph for Pence.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/astros-place-jon-singleton-on-outright-waivers.html
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Funny to think that really none of the prospects Phils traded away for Pence have had an impact, and the Phils got Tommy Joseph for Pence.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/astros-place-jon-singleton-on-outright-waivers.html

so, it was a win? :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Nothing like reaping dividends on a middling 1B with concussion issues and the chance to possibly, someday, 4-5 years later, to his 30+ homers.

With that said, onward and upward.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited November 2016

Honestly, didn't think he'd accept, but then you think about the idea of a team giving up a pick for signing Hellickson and it definitely makes less sense to expose yourself to a market that may never appear.

Even if he's his average Hellickson self you'll still be able to trade him for something. i can't knock them for their thought process on offering him the QO.

should have traded him at the deadline last year. this team continues to have no idea what they're doing. almost all of the reports on the prospects they got in the awful hamels trade have been negative (some overwhelmingly so in regards to nick williams and mark appel).

anyone else hit the Jim James show on Friday? hands down the best front man on the planet these days -- and I don't think it's close. The Fixer had a nice 48 hour philly bender w Chris Robinson on Thursday and Jim James on Friday.
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,237
    The Fixer said:

should have traded him at the deadline last year. this team continues to have no idea what they're doing. almost all of the reports on the prospects they got in the awful hamels trade have been negative (some overwhelmingly so in regards to nick williams and mark appel).

anyone else hit the Jim James show on Friday? hands down the best front man on the planet these days -- and I don't think it's close. The Fixer had a nice 48 hour philly bender w Chris Robinson on Thursday and Jim James on Friday.
    yep was there front and center.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

The Fixer said:

thoughts? Jim James is the opposite of the Phillies
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

The Fixer said:

thoughts? Jim James is the opposite of the Phillies
    he was good although not my favorite jim james solo show (or mmj show) though, had a good time nonetheless.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    dammit! the espn insider, whose name and password I got from the juggler, needs to "re-up." damn cheapskate.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    John Kruk to join the broadcast team :smiley:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    Wobbie said:

dammit! the espn insider, whose name and password I got from the juggler, needs to "re-up." damn cheapskate.

Ha....works for me.

I think you might still be using the the name/password of my friend's account I gave you years ago? No?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Wobbie said:

Ha....works for me.

I think you might still be using the the name/password of my friend's account I gave you years ago? No?
    yes....Ruiz-inspired login and password.

send me another. thanks in advance :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The WXPN A to Z countdown thing is pretty cool.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

The WXPN A to Z countdown thing is pretty cool.

I don't think there's much XPN can do wrong.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    hopefully the dipshits running the phillies take notes from what the white sox did today. that's how you trade a star pitcher and get a solid return. wish the phils got that kind of package for hamels. instead we are fucked for the next decade. not good times.

took our kids to the gaylord at National Harbor on friday. The Gaylord hotels are gigantic and they have all kinds of cool Christmas stuff for the kids. Third year we've done that and the kids love it. I was all geeked up this year seeing all of the MLB Winter Meetings stuff going on. Though the official meeting hadn't started yet, there were all kinds of vendor shows and MLB personnel roaming around the hotel. I didn't recognize anyone, but I was tempted to book a hotel room and post up for the week. Can only imagine the shenanigans that take place at the hotel bars during this week. plus I could have smacked klentak and macPHAIL's heads together when they told me they were signing Benoit for $7.5 million. Fucking idiots
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    What's up fuckers?

Earned myself a nice little break

• Options

What's up fuckers?

stay out of AMT. welcome back!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Wobbie said:

What's up fuckers?

This. AMT is fucking troll bait.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

What's up fuckers?

Yeah, noted. Screw that place
  • Options

Wobbie said:

What's up fuckers?

Yeah, noted. Screw that place
    a quick scan of the thread titles tells you all you need to know.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16