Options

PHILLY (Loosely Related to The Philadelphia Phillies)

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804
    edited January 2017

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/clay-buchholz-was-introduced-his-wife-donald-trump-big-fan-45

Welp there's goes any chance of liking Bucholz during his 7 months on the team. Actually Clay Bucholz, Affliction, and Donald Trump go together perfectly.

Is he a big 3 Doors Down guy too?
    I'd say so. Gonna go out on a limb and say he likes those shitty jeans with the REALLY COOL designs on the back pockets.
    Lots of rips. Gotta have lots of rips in the jeans.

Of course; might even say vintage right on the jeans too.

Went down to the Parkway today, made me proud as Hell to be a human. Even better was seeing the video from DC and around the country.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Wow, flyers shit the bed. Hope they do that in 2 weeks when they play the Kings.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/clay-buchholz-was-introduced-his-wife-donald-trump-big-fan-45

Welp there's goes any chance of liking Bucholz during his 7 months on the team. Actually Clay Bucholz, Affliction, and Donald Trump go together perfectly.

I'd say so. Gonna go out on a limb and say he likes those shitty jeans with the REALLY COOL designs on the back pockets.

Went down to the Parkway today, made me proud as Hell to be a human. Even better was seeing the video from DC and around the country.
    Yeah man. Proud day
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

Yeah man. Proud day
    God bless America
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    yea but maybe if those women would have protested before the election this moron might not be President. someone should ask all those protestors how many actually voted as well. #littletoolate
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

yea but maybe if those women would have protested before the election this moron might not be President. someone should ask all those protestors how many actually voted as well. #littletoolate

Yeah....but he lost the popular vote by almost 3 million people.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Hot. Takes.

#hashtagsonamessageboard?
  • Options

pjhawks said:

Hot. Takes.

#hashtagsonamessageboard?
    sure why not? would you rather i cheer a man a getting cancer like you did?
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501

the "cool" mormons out here like them, too. pair them with an affliction T and you are the height of fashion in provo.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

the "cool" mormons out here like them, too. pair them with an affliction T and you are the height of fashion in provo.
    This guy knows what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Had to walk down to 13th and Market. It's like taking a shower.

EDIT: But NOT a golden shower. That's going on in the Loew's.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited January 2017
    Law's top 10 Phillies prospect list is out. Nick Williams didn't even make the top 10.

So to summarize the hamels trade, the phillies got one top 100 prospect for 2+ years of one of the top 15 pitchers in MLB. Horrible -- absolutely horrible.

Dark days ahead for this train wreck of a franchise. They should hire Sam Hinkie
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The Phillies have a good farm system that had a bad year in 2016, with six or maybe seven of their top 10 guys coming into the season underperforming, getting hurt or both.

As good as J.P. Crawford could be, he scuffled in Triple-A at the plate. He clearly has some adjustments to make and another gear to find before he can become a superstar in the majors, while Mark Appel, a key part of the return for Ken Giles, struggled badly before his season ended because of elbow surgery.

There were bright spots -- Dylan Cozens and Rhys Hoskins took advantage of a good power park in Reading to break out with 78 homers between them, and some of the Phillies’ unheralded Latin American pitchers emerged as potential midrotation starters given enough time.

For the rest of their near-to-the-majors prospects, 2017 looks like a critical season, whether it’s about getting healthy or performing well enough in Triple-A to earn a big league job.

The Phillies’ rebuilding process made just marginal progress in 2016, as many of the team’s top prospects had disappointing seasons and the team’s draft class landed just two players from my pre-draft top 100. The Phillies still have a healthy crop of teenagers in their lowest levels, largely from their long-running Latin American pipeline, and should see a number of prospects reach the majors this season for at least part-time roles. The system’s biggest strength is pitchers signed out of Latin America, with a huge crop in Class A and below who are still far from their ceilings.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Let's not forget that Dom Brown used to be at the top of this list.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited February 2017

The Phillies have a good farm system that had a bad year in 2016, with six or maybe seven of their top 10 guys coming into the season underperforming, getting hurt or both.

As good as J.P. Crawford could be, he scuffled in Triple-A at the plate. He clearly has some adjustments to make and another gear to find before he can become a superstar in the majors, while Mark Appel, a key part of the return for Ken Giles, struggled badly before his season ended because of elbow surgery.

There were bright spots -- Dylan Cozens and Rhys Hoskins took advantage of a good power park in Reading to break out with 78 homers between them, and some of the Phillies’ unheralded Latin American pitchers emerged as potential midrotation starters given enough time.

For the rest of their near-to-the-majors prospects, 2017 looks like a critical season, whether it’s about getting healthy or performing well enough in Triple-A to earn a big league job.

The Phillies’ rebuilding process made just marginal progress in 2016, as many of the team’s top prospects had disappointing seasons and the team’s draft class landed just two players from my pre-draft top 100. The Phillies still have a healthy crop of teenagers in their lowest levels, largely from their long-running Latin American pipeline, and should see a number of prospects reach the majors this season for at least part-time roles. The system’s biggest strength is pitchers signed out of Latin America, with a huge crop in Class A and below who are still far from their ceilings.

love to hear your opinion as always. youre so informative glenn. you getting a lot of callers these days? I didn't see your latest movie, tv show, and cheesesteak rankings. let us know what's up

(I did meet some friends at the conshy brewing company before I knew the juggler owned it -- solid pork sandwich, but otherwise that place sucks. local breweries popping up everywhere. the conshy brewing company is def the worst place I've been to. and almost all of those local spots are good). glen macnow is the biggest turd ever. after doug collins. and chip kelly.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    JK_Livin said:

None of the 'experts' are 100% accurate, but Law is pretty good. He loved brown like all of the other experts. They also loved the hamels trade (which I hated from day one -- I wish they got Fisher over Appel as originally reported). If Alfaro flops that trade could end up worse than the schilling deal (nick williams = travis lee. jake thompson = omar daal haha). The Phillies are a mess with no end in sight. Their system is not good. Anyone pimping hoskins or cozens is not smart. I hated that hamels deal and now it looks even worse than it did when they made it.

long term the braves are stacked. mets are better set up for the present and near future. nats are going for it now (with robles waiting in the wings - who is better than any phils prospect). phillies are gonna have to sign guys to contend. we all know how that's worked out over the last 25 years. haha

Hey phillies -- sign Hinkie. And please for the love of god -- get rid of mccarthy. If the team is gonna suck at least give us franzke so we can tolerate your ineptitude. dicks
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    anyway -- hawks and glenn please provide your usual insight on the super bowl, including your predictions

NE -3, 58.5

need to know what side is gonna lose so I can take the opposite. Gracias
  • Options

Don't mind this trade....Tobias would probably be nothing more then depth even if he got streaky on this team. And just looking at this real quick, seems like this is a Hellickson(but older)-esque trade. Probably more fitting to say a Charlie Morton-esque type trade: fill up on some arms, hopefully they get streaky and trade them for something. I can't really argue with the logic on this one.

Stay below the radar, take some gambles on some fliers, flesh out your prospect pool, and then get ready for the '18 free agent class (along with trading for Trout, this is more a hope of mine than anything).

the gif says it all. dude blows -- just like hellickson only worse

good job macfail
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Wawa really sucks, people

/ducks

wawa has def slipped. not gonna argue your #take

if you say sheetz is better you are getting jawns tossed at your dome. know this.

everything pittsburgh sucks. actually, everything pennsylvania sucks once you get 15 miles outside of the city. especially the drivers. keep right, pass left. it's really not that hard. other states understand but PA is full of tards

driving in PA is the fucking worst. I was on 81 for 2 hours today. should be legal to kill anyone with PA plates. WORST DRIVERS IN THE COUNTRY
  • Options
    MP59559 said:

Don't mind this trade....Tobias would probably be nothing more then depth even if he got streaky on this team. And just looking at this real quick, seems like this is a Hellickson(but older)-esque trade. Probably more fitting to say a Charlie Morton-esque type trade: fill up on some arms, hopefully they get streaky and trade them for something. I can't really argue with the logic on this one.

Stay below the radar, take some gambles on some fliers, flesh out your prospect pool, and then get ready for the '18 free agent class (along with trading for Trout, this is more a hope of mine than anything).

If the "change of scenery" helps him, this will be a good deal for you guys, and really, if your GM is thinking about trading him for something, it might work out really well. Bucholz is good for a few months of quality pitching, then he'll fall apart (usually both figuratively and literally). Squeeze some good early months out of him, and you should be able to get something for him in July.
    said the same thing about hellickson last year. he pitched OK. and the phillies fucked it up and are now paying him ryan howard money.

• Options
    edited February 2017

My wife (SoJersey native) to me as we are finalizing plan to move to Cherry Hill.
    Her -Oh they have Wawas -- thankful to be back around them they are the best
    Me: They are 7-11s, but worse, right?
    Her: Hell no, they are the best!
    Me: They sell Zingers, Smokes, and Beer? This is my C-store holy trinity.
    Her: No, they sell Tasteykakes and you need to go to a different store for beer.
    Me: I fucking hate WaWa

That was in 2012. I am still upset that I cannot go to a little place anywhere around here and get those three things. Tasteykakes suck hind tit. Zingers > Krumpets every day of the week.

you must be moving from boston or some other shitty city. wawa is the best dude -- cherry hill is the worst though (and I'm from south jersey). If you're moving to the west side of cherry hill you're signing up for higher taxes and ghettoness. I hope you're on the east side -- great schools.

good luck man. cherry hill is the fucking worst (but at least people know how to drive since it's not PA)
  • Options

Wawa really sucks, people

/ducks

This isn't that hot of a take. It's a convenience store, it's better than most convenience stores, their coffee isn't terrible, free ATMs, etc etc.

The only convenience store food that beats it is Valero's fried chicken.
    Well yes, this is very reasonable, but this isn't the stance of a good portion of the Delaware Valley.
    I'd also say you don't use Wawa like most of the area - city Wawas are the opposite of the usual, they are the worst.

I think your Sarcone take is more inflammatory. Again, go fuck yourself.
    haha, how does most of the area use it? coffee and gas?

Ahhh, yes, well that is true. Just look at this thing. One bite and all your teeth will get knocked out. Like biting into a slab of concrete. The only thing bread that hard is good for is mopping up olive oil or some other sauce

this is funny. I have admittedly looked like a fish out of water trying to take a bite out of one of these rolls. haha

it's all about the bread is def a thing though. move out of the area and you will miss the thrashing technique. better to bite and thrash than to have the roll fall apart in your hands. fuck I miss philly
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    The Fixer said:

My wife (SoJersey native) to me as we are finalizing plan to move to Cherry Hill.
    Her -Oh they have Wawas -- thankful to be back around them they are the best
    Me: They are 7-11s, but worse, right?
    Her: Hell no, they are the best!
    Me: They sell Zingers, Smokes, and Beer? This is my C-store holy trinity.
    Her: No, they sell Tasteykakes and you need to go to a different store for beer.
    Me: I fucking hate WaWa

That was in 2012. I am still upset that I cannot go to a little place anywhere around here and get those three things. Tasteykakes suck hind tit. Zingers > Krumpets every day of the week.

you must be moving from boston or some other shitty city. wawa is the best dude -- cherry hill is the worst though (and I'm from south jersey). If you're moving to the west side of cherry hill you're signing up for higher taxes and ghettoness. I hope you're on the east side -- great schools.

good luck man. cherry hill is the fucking worst (but at least people know how to drive since it's not PA)
    Hell yes, East side. Nothing remotely near ghettoness here.
    Not sure why you hate Cherry Hill but I really like it. Surrounded by rich people, perhaps that can be annoying at times, but very nice.
    No "downtown" which is a bummer...Haddonfield has a nice little downtown that I wish we had here.
    West side is a different city, except the name. Night and day difference.
  • Options
    And, moved from 20 years in SoCal....Marina del Rey was where we lived the 7 years preceding our move east.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

None of the 'experts' are 100% accurate, but Law is pretty good. He loved brown like all of the other experts. They also loved the hamels trade (which I hated from day one -- I wish they got Fisher over Appel as originally reported). If Alfaro flops that trade could end up worse than the schilling deal (nick williams = travis lee. jake thompson = omar daal haha). The Phillies are a mess with no end in sight. Their system is not good. Anyone pimping hoskins or cozens is not smart. I hated that hamels deal and now it looks even worse than it did when they made it.

long term the braves are stacked. mets are better set up for the present and near future. nats are going for it now (with robles waiting in the wings - who is better than any phils prospect). phillies are gonna have to sign guys to contend. we all know how that's worked out over the last 25 years. haha

Hey phillies -- sign Hinkie. And please for the love of god -- get rid of mccarthy. If the team is gonna suck at least give us franzke so we can tolerate your ineptitude. dicks
    In one breath: "Keith Law is pretty good."

In another breath: "Anyone pimpling hoskins or cozens is not smart."

Keith Law direct quote on Hoskins and Cozens:
    "There were bright spots -- Dylan Cozens and Rhys Hoskins took advantage of a good power park in Reading to break out with 78 homers between them,..."

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone trying to head up to the HOF ceremony? I'm not terribly interested, but think I'm gonna take a stab at tickets today just for an excuse for a weekend in New York.
  • Options
    Lol. no tickets available whatsoever.
  • Options
    I was thinking about it, but I can't get past the rest of that lineup that I would definitely not want to sit through.
  • Options

Anyone trying to head up to the HOF ceremony? I'm not terribly interested, but think I'm gonna take a stab at tickets today just for an excuse for a weekend in New York.

thought about it but not worth the cost for a bunch of speeches and like 4 songs from PJ.
  • Options
    Yeah, I assumed we'd roll in late, get the 2pac and PJ stuff and miss some of the early stuff. Regardless, there was not a single ticket available this morning and I'm not going Stubhub for this.