Options

Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• Options
    DollarDollar Posts: 237
    october22 said:

Anyone in Jersey/PA receive pono or shipping info yet?

Nope Down the Jersey Shore, still waiting! Was told by Pono by phone last week that all the PJ Ponos hadn't been mailed.

• Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    i got shippng confirmation at 930am yesterday morning,
    and it arrived at my house at 3pm yesterday on the East Coast of Maryland! :-O
    october22 said:

1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    An update from Pono on the Pono Community Forums -

Just finished investigating what happened. What has resulted in shipment of some December units before October is due to a multitude of reasons but we've put a stop to it. We won't ship any more December units until all October units with valid addresses have been shipped. Here are the reasons for the mishap:

- About 4K units in the original October production required a rework due to a quality issue. While we were reworking these October units, the main assembly continued production of the remaining units. As a result a few December units made inventory before all October units passed all quality checks.

- Once we started to submit delivery orders to manufacturer, we quickly realized that a lot of the shipping addresses needed to be cleaned up and normalized to meet all UPS's strict validation rules. We've spent the last week cleaning up about 80% of the 15K addresses so they now meet the requirements. The remaining 20% we plan to use a third party service to clean up. We hope that we'll get to 95% valid rate and then reach out to the remaining backers to obtain correct shipping addresses.

- UPS will not ship without a phone number that they can call in case they cannot locate the address. Since we never asked for a phone number in our Kickstarter questionnaires, we still have many addresses without a valid local phone number for UPS. We had planned to use the Pono 800 number for the addresses without a phone. But UPS rejected the 800 number for international addresses. So now we need to reach out to international backers and obtain their phone numbers.

- Our logistics team notified us that many international countries do not allow importing any bamboo products. We had to put all these units on hold until we have a replacement cardboard box ready.

- Our logistics team also notified us that many international countries have some onerous taxes that must be paid for the players to clear customs. So we launch an outreach program to our backers from these countries to notify them of this fact.

The combination of all these factors made it very challenging to stick with the original production and shipment schedule. But we're doing our best to make sure you all receive your players with the highest quality and as close to the promised dates as possible.

By the way, the combination of all these factors have also caused headaches for our support team. We are also investigating all the complaints about support being late responding to support requests. We'll make sure to get that sorted out ASAP.

As always we appreciate your patience and support.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Ah, PONO headaches. Hope it all works out!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,171
    TEN REDUX....I forked over the $19.99 for it and holy Fuck is it good 44.1/24bit

I'm new to all this, wanted to get No Code etc...but saw it only in 16bit....is there a big difference from 24bit to 16bit?

Thanks
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    edited November 2014
    I put my info in the spreadsheet. Someone had put me in at 395 because of my previous post. However, I was wrong. It was 359 so I made the correction on the spreadsheet. According to the email I got from Kickstarter I ordered on March 12. Demetrios got #8 and says he ordered on March 11. I don't remember them selling that fast, but then again my memory is not all that good. Also, did they add an additional quantity at some point after the initial sale?
    Post edited by Riverrunner on
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

TEN REDUX....I forked over the $19.99 for it and holy Fuck is it good 44.1/24bit

I'm new to all this, wanted to get No Code etc...but saw it only in 16bit....is there a big difference from 24bit to 16bit?

Thanks

16 bit is usually compared to CD quality. But as a Kickstarter backer, any purchases you make can be upgraded for free if a higher resolution is made available. I bet even the 16 bit No Code will sound fantastic on the Pono.
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    16 bit is CD quality. 24 is not....or is it?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Is TEN redux still brickwalled? The 2009 cd and vinyl release sounded awful. It would be amazing if this is fixed for HD Res.
  • Options

Is TEN redux still brickwalled? The 2009 cd and vinyl release sounded awful. It would be amazing if this is fixed for HD Res.

That's the question I can't find an answer too. They take a brickwalled record/release and what? Go back to the original tapes and fix it then re-release it? My brain is having trouble with the science of it all. How easy is it to go back to the original tapes and remaster them in 24 bit / 96khz audio?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    What's brickwalled mean? :-?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited November 2014
    They remixed the album and turned the volume up on everything. You lose your dynamics. Your quiet moments are now just as loud as the rocking parts and they're now all the same. Think of those TV commercials that are extra loud that make you grab the remote. Thats whats happened to many releases in the past 10 years. Avocado is a culprit as well. Even the air is loud basically.

Brendan Obrien should've taken the slick sheen off of TEN but kept the levels the same. He tried to fix something that had a stereotypical 1991 sound and instead put a stereotypical 2009 sound on it.
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    camaros said:

What's brickwalled mean? :-?

You know what it is. It's "loudness wars"
  • Options
    I think S/T is the worst offender of it. Love the record. Hate the mix.
  • Options
    I definitely think they messed up a bunch in the Ten Redex....
    i like sound...
  • Options
    camaros said:

I definitely think they messed up a bunch in the Ten Redex....

I never had a problem with the original anyway. It's not like it was recorded poorly. It just had a certain style of the time. It's like an old movie. If you want to clean up the film, that's fine. But if you start changing shit and getting all George Lucas, I find that unnecessary and annoying.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,171
  • Options
    shipping confirm... Thursday by end of day in eastern PA
    i like sound...
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Hahah, South Park rules
  • Options
    camaros said:

Yup, same for NJ
  • Options
    C'mon Ohio shipping confirm!

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    DollarDollar Posts: 237
    october22 said:

camaros said:

Yup, same for NJ
    Same here for NJ Got E-Mail at 3:46 PM Says it left Shenzhen,China today,in NJ by end of day Thursday! Hope So!
  • Options
    BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    edited November 2014
    Dollar said:

october22 said:

Nope Down the Jersey Shore, still waiting! Was told by Pono by phone last week that all the PJ Ponos hadn't been mailed.

I got mine, in Philly, last week
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    So how do I get one of the regular $300 ones? I've had enough.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    Can't wait for my card board box. Hope serial number is written in permanent marker. Lol
  • Options
    Shipping confirmed earlier today.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,443
    october22 said:

camaros said:

Yup, same for NJ
    Still waiting for confirmation.

• Options

So how do I get one of the regular $300 ones? I've had enough.

You can't. That was the kickstarter promotion. Those are $400 now
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I am waiting for the second generation
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

I am waiting for the second generation

This ^^^