Options

Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434

As to numbering I figured I would have somewhere between 485-495 as I waited till the very last minute when there were only a few left. But I got 395. So I guess they did not give numbers based on date of ordering. Shippers probably just grabbed boxes not paying any attention.

Agreed
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533

As to numbering I figured I would have somewhere between 485-495 as I waited till the very last minute when there were only a few left. But I got 395. So I guess they did not give numbers based on date of ordering. Shippers probably just grabbed boxes not paying any attention.

I think what may have happened in that case is that they sold you one that was cancelled or thrown back. Of course it could be that it's totally arbitrary but I'm thinking that could be another explanation.
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    edited November 2014
    Had you already pledged for another Pono and then switch to the PJ Pono when one came available? Your backer number would've stayed the same and that might come into play with numbering?
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

Had you already pledged for another Pono and then switch to the PJ Pono when one came available? Your backer number would've stayed the same and that might come into play with numbering?

Not for sure that you are talking to me, but if so, no I did not pledge at all until the PJ one came up. Then I couldn't make up my mind to commit, but finally did. At the very last minute.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

Not for sure that you are talking to me, but if so, no I did not pledge at all until the PJ one came up. Then I couldn't make up my mind to commit, but finally did. At the very last minute.

I was, sorry, forgot to Quote. Was trying to think of some reasoning behind the numbering, but your theory might be correct.
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    got shipping email today too
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    demetrios said:

From Pono on the Pearl Jam signatures ..

Greetings,

Thank you for inquiring about the Pearl Jam Pono player.
    Please do not worry about the validity of the signatures on the signature series Pono players.
    Each of these has been confirmed to be legitimate before production started on the units.
    Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Mahalo,
    Kevin

interesting. You'd think they would have the autos direct from the artist, but they merely 'confirm to be legitimate'....seems plausible they could have taken the sigs from anywhere and asked for verification they were real.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984
    edited November 2014

I don't think that would be the case. But i'm not sure. Because I was 4th to purchased the Pearl Jam Pono Player. Started & replied to this page when I placed the order. with 495 left. Also contacted them with confirmed info that I would get #4. But I received #8. I'm just guessing the first 4-5 went to the members of the band. And the first 2-3 who bought the PJ Pono Player before me. So that's where I received #8.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110

I hope you're wrong, I have Pono telling me I'm #6, if I get a much higher number than that, I'll be pissed. I know it's just a number, but it's the principle of it. Still waiting for an email :(
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I cant imagine they have the precision or motivation to order all the #s by order order and ship them out accordingly.
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    I was the eighteenth person to buy a PJ Pono, as there was 482 left immediately after my purchase. That being said I should of ended up with #18/500, but with there only being 495, I received #23/495, so I think it will be your number plus five to account for the five unnumbered ones...My $.02 anyway...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    Still no shipping confirm for me
    i like sound...
  • Options
    DollarDollar Posts: 238
    No shipping info for me yet either here in NJ!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    stukatz said:

I hope you're wrong, I have Pono telling me I'm #6, if I get a much higher number than that, I'll be pissed. I know it's just a number, but it's the principle of it. Still waiting for an email :(
    If yours was #6, then you will receive #11 in the mail. cjzoly just posted above that he received #23. His original # was #18. Mine was #4, but I received #8. So maybe I wasn't originally 4th but 3rd to place an order for the PJ Pono Player?
    cjzoly said:

I was the eighteenth person to buy a PJ Pono, as there was 482 left immediately after my purchase. That being said I should of ended up with #18/500, but with there only being 495, I received #23/495, so I think it will be your number plus five to account for the five unnumbered ones...My $.02 anyway...

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor.

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    No shipping info here either.
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    Mine is listed as "on hold." I called and I was told that means they are still getting ready to ship it.
  • Options
    Bro just received his shipping confirmation. It's here in town. Probably won't deliver till Wednesday. Won't be able to ship tomorrow. It's Remembrance Day.

Would be nice if we received the shipping confirmation emails when it was shipped from the factory, instead of when it's already here in town.

His was PJ Pono Player was shipped out November 7th.
    Mine was shipped out November 1st.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor.

:)) =))
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    My brother just texted and said the Pono that showed up was my Dad's. My brother has his shipping to my parents' house and has a UPS account. He had the address entered as my parent's so UPS matched the address and sent him a tracking email. Which explains why he got an email from UPS, but not from Pono.

Interesting though because my Dad also never got any sort of shipping confirmation.
    Post edited by tribejammer05 on

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    This all seems very inconsistent...
    Captain obvious over and out. Keerssht
    i like sound...
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    PP193448 said:

Forgot to mention that it departed last night at 8pm...so will make it in less than 24 hours... Somehow I'm not holding my breath...

That 8PM was most likely local time (Hong Kong), no? Subtract 13 hours, and that's the time it left.

• Options
    Now people are starting to receive Neil Young and Crazy Horse Ponos that weren't expected until December.

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options

Now people are starting to receive Neil Young and Crazy Horse Ponos that weren't expected until December.

That's great news.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Anyone in Jersey/PA receive pono or shipping info yet?
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    For everyone that has not received anything... what does your order status say?

As I mentioned above, mine says "on hold"

• Options
    Mine says Order Submitted still. From what I've read On Hold indicates its shipped, but stuck in customs limbo.

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110

Mine says Order Submitted still. From what I've read On Hold indicates its shipped, but stuck in customs limbo.

I'm the same, "Order Submitted". And now hearing that those who ordered a Pono for December are getting theirs ahead of our PJ Pono, is making me even more anxious.

• Options
    I started a google doc spreadsheet that anyone can edit if you feel like adding your order info:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fsqvz68ezE8URXUZIHkicS_XNbaE4eDrwGf58yfc2nE/edit?usp=sharing
    i like sound...
  • Options
    camaros said:

I started a google doc spreadsheet that anyone can edit if you feel like adding your order info:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fsqvz68ezE8URXUZIHkicS_XNbaE4eDrwGf58yfc2nE/edit?usp=sharing

Sweet!!