Options

Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    camaros said:

jlaustin said:

Says the person who used to tape songs off the radio! Quite the audiophile here!
    \m/

age verified as 30+something... welcome
    Oh, more like 30+++++ ! 30 something is a distant memory!
    :))
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    jlaustin said:

camaros said:

jlaustin said:

Says the person who used to tape songs off the radio! Quite the audiophile here!
    \m/

age verified as 30+something... welcome
    Oh, more like 30+++++ ! 30 something is a distant memory!
    Right there with you sista!!!
    We used to record stuff on 8-track cartridges,
    So how OLD am I???
    :D
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Never knew you could record on an 8-track! Loved my Saturday Night Fever and Endless Summer 8-tracks! I think I still have them somewhere! My mix tapes are all in a box in the garage, think I'll give them a listen - imagine how good the Pono will sound after that! :-j
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    I think the classic movie scene that typified cassettes was in Boogie Nights when the coke dealer in his bath robe was entertaining Dirk Diggler and his buddies: singing Jessie's Girl and suddenly... nothing (the side of the tape ended before the song). Great movie.

It was worse with 8-tracks. Every time the 8 track switched to the next channel, a song faded out... "click click'... and then fired back up. This was the shits when it was a good song.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

I think the classic movie scene that typified cassettes was in Boogie Nights when the coke dealer in his bath robe was entertaining Dirk Diggler and his buddies: singing Jessie's Girl and suddenly... nothing (the side of the tape ended before the song). Great movie.

It was worse with 8-tracks. Every time the 8 track switched to the next channel, a song faded out... "click click'... and then fired back up. This was the shits when it was a good song.

Sounds like we got ourselves another member of the "Old-Timers Club" here...
    It was funny when you knew the 8-track so well that you could even sing the "click"
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552

Finally some led zeppelin in the store!

After all these years we can finally hear Led Zeppelin music. Take my money!
  • Options
    derbydave said:

It was funny when you knew the 8-track so well that you could even sing the "click"
    We need a PJ old folks home! "remember those 8 tracks, good times, pass the prunes!"
    =))
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    jlaustin said:

derbydave said:

We need a PJ old folks home! "remember those 8 tracks, good times, pass the prunes!"
    =))
    That'd be a fun old folks home.

I mean... people would be getting cranky with others because somebody used their PJ mugs to take their meds, but outside of minor events such as those... it would be pretty fun.
  • Options
    jlaustin said:

derbydave said:

=))
    As long as there's plenty of wallspace for our poster collections...
    I'M THERE!!!!
    =)) =))

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    What albums came loaded on these?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

What albums came loaded on these?

Vs. Remastered and Lightning Bolt are on the 64 gb sd memory card and There's a World by Neil is preloaded on the Pono itself.
    2015 Central Park

• Options

jlaustin said:

derbydave said:

=))

I mean... people would be getting cranky with others because somebody used their PJ mugs to take their meds, but outside of minor events such as those... it would be pretty fun.
    derbydave said:

I'M THERE!!!!
    =)) =))

There might be some bitching about the line(s), flipping merch to pay for meds or food, and who's the more entitled fan, but yeah, rockin' good time. Long hallways = lots of wall space! No room for landscapes or cherubs, only rock posters! The band could have their own private wing(s), maybe perform for us occasionally!

We really need to start building this...
    :-?
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    jlaustin said:

jlaustin said:

derbydave said:

=))

derbydave said:

I'M THERE!!!!
    =)) =))

There might be some bitching about the line(s), flipping merch to pay for meds or food, and who's the more entitled fan, but yeah, rockin' good time. Long hallways = lots of wall space! No room for landscapes or cherubs, only rock posters! The band could have their own private wing(s), maybe perform for us occasionally!

Finally, our idea of a Pearl Jam church is coming fro
  • Options

jlaustin said:

jlaustin said:

derbydave said:

=))

derbydave said:

I'M THERE!!!!
    =)) =))

Finally, our idea of a Pearl Jam church is coming to
  • Options
    jlaustin said:

jlaustin said:

derbydave said:

=))

derbydave said:

I'M THERE!!!!
    =)) =))

• Options

jlaustin said:

jlaustin said:

derbydave said:

=))

derbydave said:

I'M THERE!!!!
    =)) =))

Not sure how I got double posted but....
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    ....Lightning Bolt??? Really? That's one of the bands Top 2 favorite albums?
    :((
    i like sound...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,641
    edited November 2014
    camaros said:

....Lightning Bolt??? Really? That's one of the bands Top 2 favorite albums?
    :((

Not the band's. Eddie's. I think it was the 2013 Deep mag that listed each member's favorite album. Eddie said LB (Jeff said Binaural I remember, and can't really remember after that. Was Mike's Yield? Totally don't recall Matt and Stone's picks. Anyone?).

Anyway, they decided right during the LB bonanza and tour - an album they marketed harder than anything since Vitalogy. Of course they chose that one. They would have even if Eddie didn't claim it was his fave.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Yeah, I think no matter what the record actually sounded like, it was released too close to the date of Pono's release to snub it. And Vs makes sense as it was recently remastered. I'm really looking forward to hearing that. I haven't checked but I bet most artists chose to include one of their latest.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    In was just taken by surprise by Lightning Bolt because Pono advertised the signature series to include the artists' top 2 favorite albums... but oh well...
    i like sound...
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    edited November 2014
    I am trying to remain patient and wait for my shipping confirmation. But my brother who ordered his PJ Pono after me is getting his delivered tomorrow. Happy for him, but very bitter too!

What would really piss me off is if his PJ Pono is numbered lower than mine.
    Post edited by tribejammer05 on
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    ^^^^^ keep us informed, that's good data.... at your expense :/
    i like sound...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Will do. I'm kind of prepared for it. I know it's not the end of the world and I'll still enjoy the Pono, but you know. I'm the older brother who ordered his first so I should get the lower number, right?
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options

Will do. I'm kind of prepared for it. I know it's not the end of the world and I'll still enjoy the Pono, but you know. I'm the older brother who ordered his first so I should get the lower number, right?

I feel you. I think you should wrestle for it. That's how I always worked things out with my little brother. He also never won :)
  • Options
    Good point! I've got about six years and 50lbs on him. If he won't give it to me I'll tell Mom and Dad on him.

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options

Good point! I've got about six years and 50lbs on him. If he won't give it to me I'll tell Mom and Dad on him.

GO TO YOUR ROOM...NOW!!!
    =))

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Finally got my delivery notice. Should get it tomorry
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,984

I am trying to remain patient and wait for my shipping confirmation. But my brother who ordered his PJ Pono after me is getting his delivered tomorrow. Happy for him, but very bitter too!

What would really piss me off is if his PJ Pono is numbered lower than mine.

If you ordered first then your brother's # will be lower then yours. Hope that's true. I received mine last week & arrived with #8. Bro hasn't received his shipping confirmation email from UPS yet on his PJ Pono Player. He bought his a day later. I would be shocked if his # is lower then mine.

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited November 2014
    Just got email about shipping. Tracking on UPS says that it left Hong Kong today and will be delivered to my house in OH by end of day tomorrow. Was supposed to be delivered on Wed but they changed it til tomorrow. Wow, can't wait to see if it makes it across the world in one day.

Forgot to mention that it departed last night at 8pm...so will make it in less than 24 hours... Somehow I'm not holding my breath...
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    As to numbering I figured I would have somewhere between 485-495 as I waited till the very last minute when there were only a few left. But I got 395. So I guess they did not give numbers based on date of ordering. Shippers probably just grabbed boxes not paying any attention.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi