Options

Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,093
    Oh, and I use Audacity, seems like it is one of the best from what I've read on the internet. My first rip was Lightning Bolt at 44.1khz and I made a cd of it and it sounds better than the cd I made converting the mp3s to wav files.
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,093

Oh, and I use Audacity, seems like it is one of the best from what I've read on the internet. My first vinyl rip was Lightning Bolt at 44.1khz and I made a cd of it and it sounds better than the cd I made converting the mp3s to wav files.

• Options
    On Kickstarter:

There will not be a Bob Dylan LE unfortunately. We're only a day away from freezing any new rewards. BTW, we'll shortly announce that any LEs that not pledge for will not be available after KS. So the LEs will be an exclusive KS offering.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Portugal The Man is up to 3! :D

Kenny Rogers better be looking over his shoulder.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,664
    6 day's to go! :)
  • Options
    Jason P said:

It's now 5-4 Rogers holding a 1 pono lead.

This is going to come down to the wire in what some might call a classic finish!
  • Options
    Metallica selling out fast.
  • Options

Jason P said:

This is going to come down to the wire in what some might call a classic finish!
    A thrilling finale! Pono hasn't seen a match come down to the wire like this in years.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    edited April 2014
    nabbed a PJ! =P~ @3:12am
    Post edited by camaros on
    i like sound...
  • Options
    camaros said:

Awesome! Awesome to the max!! B-)
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    camaros said:

Nice one!!!
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

A thrilling finale! Pono hasn't seen a match come down to the wire like this in years.
    5-4 Portugal the Man!!!

An unbelievable turn of events.

If this plays out this way... PTM's dads are going to be the only people on the planet with the limited ed. pono players made in honour of their children... and... they will have successfully held off the coward of the county's attempt to outsell them.

Freakin' nailbiting.
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    6 days left in the pledge and then the wait will continue until October! I want to check this sucker out!
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    camaros said:

You may end up with #500 out of #500.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    Also, Pono just clarified...they will only make the number that has been pledged.

So there might only be 4 Kenny Rogers Ponos made. How cool is that (except for the Kenny Rogers part).
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    Dear Kickstarter backers,

Here we are, with just 6 days left of our PonoMusic Kickstarter campaign. Your support has been overwhelming and gratifying, and we truly appreciate it. You can take pride in knowing that your personal support was instrumental in helping us kickstart a movement to revive the soul of music.

We would like to inform you of a few very important updates that should help you with your donation decisions in the final week:

• We are adding one more PonoPlayer called the Pono Clear to wrap up this amazing Kickstarter experience as outlined below:

Pono Clear: PonoPlayer with transparent casing to fully view its inner details. Comes pre-loaded with a PonoMusic sampler specially curated by our founding team. Handmade leather case with presentation box. Plus: Website Thanks

• Limited Edition Artist Signature Series (LEs):

◦ There will be NO new artists added to the Limited Edition Artist Signature Series offers during the remainder of the campaign.

◦ The LEs that are currently available are an exclusive Kickstarter offering and will never be offered again as serialized, signed PonoPlayers.

◦ All LEs that are not pledged for (in each lot of 500 available units per artist) will NOT be available on our Ponomusic.com store after the PonoMusic Kickstarter campaign. We will build and ship the units pledged for, up to the total number of pledges and then the series will close. For example, if there are 132 pledges for an LE then the serial numbers will be 1 of 132, 2 of 132, and so on. We will not produce PonoPlayers with the remaining serial numbers of the series that are not pledged for by a backer. This is a clarification of our previous process.

◦ The serial numbers on the LE PonoPlayers will be assigned based on the order the pledges were made. The first pledge gets serial number 1 and will increment in the chronological order that pledges were received.

• VIP Listening Parties:

◦ There will be no additional VIP listening parties offered in any new cities – we have some capacity available in the NYC and Chicago events.

◦ Any remaining seats will not be available for purchase after our Kickstarter campaign ends on April 15th. If you are interested in one of these events then please make sure you act soon.

We wanted to be clear about these “end of campaign” messages to avoid any confusion or disappointment for anyone wishing to support PonoMusic through Kickstarter. Again, we can’t thank you enough for your support.

With our love and appreciation,

The PonoMusic team
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    Does anyone think the Clear Pono will FREE-UP any Pearl Jam Pono players?

I wanted to see Led Zeppelin(thinking some Pearl Jam Pono's would become available?)
  • Options
    JB128716 said:

You may end up with #500 out of #500.

I don't think I'm that lucky... Especially with 6 days left and the clears coming.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    Now PTM is leading Kenny 5 - 3. I think we are going to see a protest letter from Kenny to the league if he ends up losing this.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,535
    JB128716 said:

Also, Pono just clarified...they will only make the number that has been pledged.

So there might only be 4 Kenny Rogers Ponos made. How cool is that (except for the Kenny Rogers part).

These PONO guys are marketing geniuses! (and I mean that with total respect)
    How better to get people to buy the slow sellers than to make them the rarest and, in theory, potentially the most valuable?!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Imagine all these PONO players sitting on a fucking shelf not being used - boxed up like an autographed baseball - just nuts. You know there will be those kinds of folks. I wanna get my fingerprints all over that fucking thing and load it up, use it up.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Wow, the clear Pono Player is moving faster than both the Kenny Rogers and PTM players!
  • Options

Wow, the clear Pono Player is moving faster than both the Kenny Rogers and PTM players!

Lol

92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    JB128716 said:

Lol

And they aren't even available until December.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    That clear Pono Player is tempting.
  • Options
    I'm also surprised about the clear ones movin fast...
    i like sound...
  • Options
    WILTERN WEDNESDAYS!

More testimonials at the Wiltern back in 2011 up on the PonoMusic website.

http://www.ponomusic.com/#testimonials
  • Options
    PTM and Kenny are all knotted up 4 - 4!

I feel like I should be making bets via The Running Man!

Captain Freedom agrees.

image:D
  • Options
    demetrios said:

That clear Pono Player is tempting.

It's what Neil's preloading it with that's tempting!
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    They should have called it coke bottle instead of clear.... would sell a lot faster jk
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23