Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Jason P said:

Portugal The Man scored another run in the 5th.

PTM - 2
    Kenny Rogers - 4

Get your Cracker Jacks!

You're loving this heated head-to-head match-up... aren't you?

My money's on Rogers holding off a late surge by PTM in what will always be described as a classic finish. Final score: Rogers 7... PTM 6.
    :D
  • Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Portugal The Man scored another run in the 5th.

PTM - 2
    Kenny Rogers - 4

Get your Cracker Jacks!

You're loving this heated head-to-head match-up... aren't you?

My money's on Rogers holding off a late surge by PTM in what will always be described as a classic finish. Final score: Rogers 7... PTM 6.
    :D
    :))
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Why all the stress? Seems to be a cool product. My ten year old iPod cost the same with no expandable storage option. I think the shape works and I buy their reasoning for it. At the moment, you can purchase it at a discount if the above appeals to you. If not, cool, save your cash for something else and move on.

Come on october22. This is not the time or place for being reasonable and levelheaded. image
    Wait...this isn't the "pics where Ed looks hot" thread?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,881
    october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Why all the stress? Seems to be a cool product. My ten year old iPod cost the same with no expandable storage option. I think the shape works and I buy their reasoning for it. At the moment, you can purchase it at a discount if the above appeals to you. If not, cool, save your cash for something else and move on.

Come on october22. This is not the time or place for being reasonable and levelheaded. image
    AKA the "where cooler heads prevail" thread? :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

AKA the "where cooler heads prevail" thread? :D
    Haahah, exactly... ;)
  • Grateful Dead added to signature series
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

Grateful Dead added to signature series

Hmmm...now they're bringing musicians back from the dead (pun indeed intended) to sign these things.
    Hi Pigpen, Keith, Brent, Jerry, Vince...how've you been?
  • 2 Tom Petty appear.
  • 2 yellow and 2 black October releases appeared as well
  • I can think of Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart... Help me out here
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
    I still don't know what to think about this tech. At one point it seems awesome, and then 20 minutes later I think it's foolish. And then at another point I wonder if Portugal The Man will get into double digits ... Well to be truthful 7 out of every 10 thoughts is if PTM will get into double digits, even though I have no idea who PTM is ....

I hope it kicks ass. I hope someday it doesn't look like a Sweedish candy bar or that It doesn't look like I have a boner when I stick it in my Adidas running shorts (don't act like you're not impressed). My biggest concern is how I can get my existing CD collection imported without having to burn 700 CDs again.
  • Jason P said:

I still don't know what to think about this tech. At one point it seems awesome, and then 20 minutes later I think it's foolish. And then at another point I wonder if Portugal The Man will get into double digits ... Well to be truthful 7 out of every 10 thoughts is if PTM will get into double digits, even though I have no idea who PTM is ....

I hope it kicks ass. I hope someday it doesn't look like a Sweedish candy bar or that It doesn't look like I have a boner when I stick it in my Adidas running shorts (don't act like you're not impressed). My biggest concern is how I can get my existing CD collection imported without having to burn 700 CDs again.

Deep Thoughts...

by Jason P

* Your biggest concern is my biggest concern, but iTunes has done such a great job of f*%cking up my library that I'm ready to put the time in again.
  • I'm more concerned with the quality and sound than looks...
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774

I can think of Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart... Help me out here

Are you talking living or not?
    Still not dead are Phil, Bobby, Mickey, Bill and Donna Jean.
    God bless 'em all.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    So conflicted with all the critics saying your ears can't tell the difference beyond CD quality.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Can critics tell you what you hear or do they have something to gain from such claims....?
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    I'm not sure I could tell the difference.. That's why I will wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation pono to come out. Hopefully it will still be around and much cheaper.
  • Was reading through some of the comments. This guy's comment is a classic:

Oh my god, I mistakenly changed my pledge from Neil Young signature model (delivery Dec. 2014) to Grateful Dead attempting change my wife's pledge..... Is there any way to cancel my pledge change??? Thank you.

This, people, is what's commonly referred to as 'the shits'.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759

Grateful Dead added to signature series

When are they gonna release that Led Zeppelin signature series, or Bruce Springsteen, so i can get a Pearl Jam Pono.

When? ONLY 11 days left.
  • amw101282amw101282 Posts: 185
    Pono posted a pic of the grateful dead one on their twitter and instead of signatures of the band it had the steal your face dead head logo on it. Maybe that's what they'll do with led zeppelin. Oh and they told someone in the comments that they weren't going to have a Bruce Springsteen one.
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
    amw101282 said:

Pono posted a pic of the grateful dead one on their twitter and instead of signatures of the band it had the steal your face dead head logo on it. Maybe that's what they'll do with led zeppelin. Oh and they told someone in the comments that they weren't going to have a Bruce Springsteen one.

Well then, my ONLY HOPE is that Led Zeppelin one>LOL!!
    edited April 2014
    Sorry, but i don't know how to place the image.

This is the best i can do.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkV7OEvCcAEbz-K.jpg
    Post edited by cutz on
  • amw101282amw101282 Posts: 185
    I got #1 for the grateful dead...gonna be hard to let that one go if something else I like gets announced like Soundgarden. Anything pink floyd would be impossible for me to pass up.
    {Alpine Valley '03/United Center '06/Summerfest '06 (Both Nights!!)/Alpine Valley '11 (PJ20) (Both Nights!!)/Wrigley Field '13}

"a truant finds home, and a wish to hold on too, he saw the trapdoor in the sun, immortality" PLEASE SUPPORT CCFA!!!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Ludwig van Beethoven added to Signature Series ...
  • Jason P said:

Ludwig van Beethoven added to Signature Series ...

:)) not

but a nice suggestion. Music Purity at its finest. I'll have that.
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    I got a Foo. Anyone interested in swapping your PJ pono for my Foo pono?
  • j3brow1j3brow1 Posts: 37
    Just picked up Grateful Dead edition
    the all encompassing trip
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Jumped on one of the two Foo's PONO's that became available this morning! One Metallica version back on the market!
  • The Pearl Jam Pono's seem to be locked up for now. Havent monitored any movement for a couple days
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!