Pearl Jam limited edition chrome Pono Player

Comments

• october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    edited March 2014
    vaggar99 said:

cutz said:

demetrios said:

I haven't seen the blue version yet on KickStarter.

hard to say for sure, but the screen resolution looks poor. it looks about the same res as the original 2-3 iPhones. maybe it doesn't matter for a device thats dedicated to audio play. just an observation
    They haven't even made them yet. Anything you've seen online so far is an old prototype or photoshop. They've said they're still sorting out many specs. Also, like you said, doesn't really matter much anyway.
    Post edited by october22 on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    James Taylor ..

Beck ..

My Morning Jacket ..
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Here's a question (or two).

Since each one is individually numbered, would you want #1, #10, #59, or #500?

If you are a member of PJ, do you want one of the PJ ones, do you want another band's PONO, do you want one of each, or do you not need one because you have a good relationship with Jeff?
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
    Hahah, good question.

Numbers 1 or 500 would be cool. Other than that I don't really care. If I was a member of Pearl Jam, it would depend on who I was.

Ed probably wouldn't want any of them since he doesn't seem to know how to operate anything that requires electricity. And he could always borrow Jeff's if he wanted to.

Stone wouldn't want a PJ one because it would just add to the clutter in his basement.

Mike is waiting for a KISS pono.

Don't know about Matt and Jeff though.

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    edited March 2014
    Doesn't look like i'll be able to use my Bose to dock the PONO player in?

Is there a way to be able to use the PONO player in a car?
    cutz said:

Yes, through the stero-min input (if your car stereo is set up that way).

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    october22 said:

cutz said:

I was able to hook my Ipod to my car stereo, so i should be able to do the same with PONO? (sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm LOW-tech).
    cutz said:

october22 said:

cutz said:

I was able to hook my Ipod to my car stereo, so i should be able to do the same with PONO? (sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm LOW-tech).
    It's not a dumb question at all. It just depends how you connected to your car stereo. Did you plug into the bottom of the iPod (into the same port you'd use to charge the iPod) or did you plug something that looked like a headphone jack into the hole you'd normally plug headphones into? If it's the headphone jack, you're all good and you can do the same with Pono. If it's the one on the bottom, it won't work. Hope that helps!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    Most modern car stereo's come with an "Aux IN" port. It looks just like a headphone port. You take a small male to male headphone cable and plug one side in your portable player and the other into the "Aux In" port on the stereo. It should work on all portable devices because you plug it into the headphone jack of the device (so I can't see why you couldn't do with the Pono).

Sound quality wise my car stereo seems to sound worse through Aux IN than it does plugging in a memory card and playing mp3's, so I rarely use the Aux In.
    Zod said:

Most modern car stereo's come with an "Aux IN" port. It looks just like a headphone port. You take a small male to male headphone cable and plug one side in your portable player and the other into the "Aux In" port on the stereo. It should work on all portable devices because you plug it into the headphone jack of the device (so I can't see why you couldn't do with the Pono).

Sound quality wise my car stereo seems to sound worse through Aux IN than it does plugging in a memory card and playing mp3's, so I rarely use the Aux In.

True, but you may not have had a device running out through a stereo mini jack which should sound much better than through the headphone jack. It's cool that Pono has this option (which no iPod does)
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    october22 said:

True, but you may not have had a device running out through a stereo mini jack which should sound much better than through the headphone jack. It's cool that Pono has this option (which no iPod does)

So it's a line out opposed to being a headphone out which lets the stereo amplify it? I think that's why mine doesn't sound that great through Aux IN. Now I get why there's two ports at the bottom of the Pono :)

Exactly! That's why it will also work so much better as a home stereo too than an iPod can. The line out is designed to handle much higher volume levels without distortion.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    demetrios said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers ..

Foo Fighters ..

what are people's thoughts on the Foo Fighters here? I think that one looks a bit ugly and sloppy. I dont even see Taylor Hawkins' signature. The RHCP one looks much sexier.

Project Update #14: THE EAGLES!
    Posted by the PonoMusic Team Black heart (cards) Like

We are excited to announce that we just added the Eagles to our Artist Signature Series.

..............go get 'em!

Our very best,

the PonoMusic team
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I might need to buy one of these this fall
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    The more I read this thread the more I want one.... I'm at the point where I'm consciously resisting. If I happened to see a PJ become available I would likely take the plunge even though it would be totally irresponsible of me to do so. :|
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    I just nabbed a Pearl Jam!

After seeing how awesome it looked (and how blah the Foos is), I seriously regret watching a few days tick off without buying.

I noticed when a new band is introduced there is a shuffling. If anyone is looking for a PJ and someone (significant) is released, start to F5 for little stretches. I noticed when Eagles went up, 5 Foos became available... and of course a PJ
    MayDay10 said:

After seeing how awesome it looked (and how blah the Foos is), I seriously regret watching a few days tick off without buying.

I noticed when a new band is introduced there is a shuffling. If anyone is looking for a PJ and someone (significant) is released, start to F5 for little stretches. I noticed when Eagles went up, 5 Foos became available... and of course a PJ

Well that is bad news for me. imageimage
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    PJ_Soul said:

MayDay10 said:

Well that is bad news for me. imageimage
    I got one last week think more than a few will be available as it gets closer to the cutoff
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited March 2014
    I'm crossing fingers a $200 one might drop back into availablility... Can only keep checking I suppose. The signatures'd be great but $400's a lot of money!
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    edited March 2014
    morello said:

I'm crossing fingers a $200 one might drop back into availablility... Can only keep checking I suppose.

Yeah, that would be awesome. I don't see how it's possible though. No one's going to throw those back in the pool, since they're so cheap.
    After looking again and again, I have never seen those open up
    PJ_Soul said:

morello said:

I'm crossing fingers a $200 one might drop back into availablility... Can only keep checking I suppose.

Yeah, that would be awesome. I don't see how it's possible though. No one's going to throw those back in the pool, since they're so cheap.
    It's possible. Because I scored one last Friday. :)

I wish they'd add someone really awesome.... or a really really awesome band that doesn't exist anymore. If they released a Led Zeppelin or Fugazi one I'd be all over it.
    PJ_Soul said:

I wish they'd add someone really awesome.... or a really really awesome band that doesn't exist anymore. If they released a Led Zeppelin or Fugazi one I'd be all over it.

Would be cool if they did release a Page & Plant player.
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Much rather have a LZ with JPJ than a Page/Plant version
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

Did you buy one D? The inner audiophile is coming out after reading more about this.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited March 2014
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

For some people, sure. I wouldn't want it. Led Zeppelin or nuthin'. ;) Wouldn't even care about signatures (since they're not getting dead people's sigs on there). An etching of just the band name in the classic LZ font would be awesome.... maybe etch the zeppelin on there.... 8->
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    demetrios said:

PJ_Soul said:

morello said:

It's possible. Because I scored one last Friday. :)

*like*
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    There is ONE Tom Petty one available in case someone wants one.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2