Good on you though.

"Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • PJ_Soul said:

Just nailed a Pearl Jam edition.

Released a Foos.

I'm in. NICE!

Wtf?! I've been F5ing on and off for 2 days and no luck. :(

(oh, and congrats, lol)
    I had the same reaction when others posted about their luck as well!

But I feigned enthusiasm instead of speaking my true feelings about the subject :))

Now that I have one... I'll extend my best wishes towards you.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    edited April 2014
    This just in....
    Portugal The Man's sales have increased 100% overnight.

That's right, TWO people have purchased a Portugal The Man Pono. Look out Kenny Rogers, he comes The Man.

Portugal The Man - 2
    Kenny Rogers - 3
    Post edited by JB128716 on
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Go Portugal the Man!!!

Vegas should have odds on them versus The Gambler.
    I feel that Mr Rogers should have more then 3 based on this movie poster alone ...

Although to be fair they never clarified which Kenny Rogers autograph it will be ...

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    nicely done thirty bills
    edited April 2014
    In a stunning turn of events Portugal The Man is back down to 1 and Kenny Rogers is now at 4.

The question that may never be answered is did The Portugal Man fan jump off that train and get on the Kenny Rogers bandwagon? Toot Toot.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    JB128716 said:

In a stunning turn of events Portugal The Man is back down to 1 and Kenny Rogers is now at 4.

The question that may never be answered is did The Portugal Man fan jump off that train and get on the Kenny Rogers bandwagon? Toot Toot.

Someone saw the Six Pack poster and had a change of heart. Bad times for Portugal The Man.

On the bright side, whoever has claimed it (someone's mom or girlfriend of the band) has a shot to own the rarest PONO player of all time ... so they have that going for them.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,381
    edited April 2014
    Jason P said:

On the bright side, whoever has claimed it (someone's mom or girlfriend of the band) has a shot to own the rarest PONO player of all time ... so they have that going for them.

Maybe they could get it re-engraved to 1 of 1. Capitalize on that rarity.

• october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Travelar said:

Jason P said:

Maybe they could get it re-engraved to 1 of 1. Capitalize on that rarity.

That would be sweet but Pono has said they will be making 500 numbered of each LE and whatever doesn't sell on Kickstarter will be sold at a higher price on their website in the future. So get your Portugal. The Man's now on the cheap!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    If anyone is F5-ing for a PJ, I suggest taking the plunge for whoever is available. Then switching to PJ would just be a few clicks (as long as you are logged on)
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So are people buying this to actually use? Or more as a collector item? It doesn't seem very practical, triangle shaped max 128 g storage. I think there's a reason all other mp3 player are flat design ... so they fit in your pocket.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006 said:

So are people buying this to actually use? Or more as a collector item? It doesn't seem very practical, triangle shaped max 128 g storage. I think there's a reason all other mp3 player are flat design ... so they fit in your pocket.

I believe the won't fit in your lululemons comment covered this question already!

:))
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    lukin2006 said:

personally I am in the process of finishing my basement. This will be on display, as well as provide functionality as I will have it wired to the surround sound.

• lukin2006 said:

Mine's going to get so much use that I can't even think of a funny metaphor to compare how much use it's going to get. I just can't wait to get this plugged in.

"There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • lukin2006 said:

Mine's going to get so much use that I can't even think of a funny metaphor to compare how much use it's going to get. I just can't wait to get this plugged in.

And all the collectors thank you for that. When yours is a paper weight, theirs will be more valuable.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • tribejammer05tribejammer05 Posts: 696
    edited April 2014

lukin2006 said:

And all the collectors thank you for that. When yours is a paper weight, theirs will be more valuable.
    Why do you think mine will become a paper weight? Because me using it will break it? If collectors want to put this in a box and watch the stock rise then more power to them.

Post edited by tribejammer05 on
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • traberatrabera Los Angeles, CA Posts: 127
    edited April 2014

Released a Foos.

I'm in. NICE!

DUDE! Thank you! I think I picked up your Foo! I CANNOT WAIT to hear Wasting Light through this thing!

Still waiting to see if anyone drops an early bird $200 model. I just really want the device and don't need to pay $200 for the engraving.
    Post edited by trabera on
    Ten Club Member #10XXX
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/13/95, 11/4/95, 11/6/95, 11/7/95, 9/21/96, 9/22/96, 9/24/96, 9/26/96, 9/28/96, 9/29/96, 10/19/96, 10/20/96, 11/14/97, 11/15/97, 2/20/98, 2/21/98, 7/10/98, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 12/6/02, 12/8/02, 6/1/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 7/18/06, 10/22/06, 8/28/09, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • trabera said:

Released a Foos.

I'm in. NICE!

DUDE! Thank you! I think I picked up your Foo! I CANNOT WAIT to hear Wasting Light through this thing!

Still waiting to see if anyone drops an early bird $200 model. I just really want the device and don't need to pay $200 for the engraving.
    Beauty! Glad we're all happy here!
  • lukin2006 said:

Why do you think mine will become a paper weight? Because me using it will break it? If collectors want to put this in a box and watch the stock rise then more power to them.

Absolutely not. It will become a paper weight like the 1st gen of pretty much any new tech does. Heck, I haven't been reading up on this, but someone here mentioned not looking at the low res screen b/c it's just an artist rendering. So, you guys are buying an artist's rendering of technology? And once used, it's not as valued as the collectors/never used version. Thus, yours becomes a paper weight as you contintue to buy later generations while the collector who has displayed theirs only (or just simply stored them and just taken out to show folks) will have a more highly valued collectible. Which has nothing to do with buying/selling.

The fact is, if you're really looking to buy into this and use it, it would actually make more sense to buy the cheapest version available now so you can have the 1st gen, then wait until later version improve upon it to make your full bore investment in the technology. Buying technology before it's even been released is sort of weird to me - to what end? You're saving an imaginary $100 b/c they are threatening to charge more? Do you really think they will be able to considering the market? You think the way to get buy in on this in a broader sense it to price themselves out of the market on both the tool (the pyramid/triangle) and the product (the music)?

So, to me, the signature series is a pure collectible like any other autographed product. If it were me, I would have bought one of the cheaper "standard" ones for every day use if that's what I was after. And then buy the signature version for what it really is - a collectible.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited April 2014

lukin2006 said:

Absolutely not. It will become a paper weight like the 1st gen of pretty much any new tech does. Heck, I haven't been reading up on this, but someone here mentioned not looking at the low res screen b/c it's just an artist rendering. So, you guys are buying an artist's rendering of technology? And once used, it's not as valued as the collectors/never used version. Thus, yours becomes a paper weight as you contintue to buy later generations while the collector who has displayed theirs only (or just simply stored them and just taken out to show folks) will have a more highly valued collectible. Which has nothing to do with buying/selling.

The fact is, if you're really looking to buy into this and use it, it would actually make more sense to buy the cheapest version available now so you can have the 1st gen, then wait until later version improve upon it to make your full bore investment in the technology. Buying technology before it's even been released is sort of weird to me - to what end? You're saving an imaginary $100 b/c they are threatening to charge more? Do you really think they will be able to considering the market? You think the way to get buy in on this in a broader sense it to price themselves out of the market on both the tool (the pyramid/triangle) and the product (the music)?

So, to me, the signature series is a pure collectible like any other autographed product. If it were me, I would have bought one of the cheaper "standard" ones for every day use if that's what I was after. And then buy the signature version for what it really is - a collectible.
    Do you think a $400 device should last the length of a human's lifespan? Of course other technologies will come along and replace this thing eventually. That how it works. Why would that prevent anyone from buying this though. They will be able to use it for several years, until the next version comes out if they like to upgrade, or many years after that if they don't. Do you buy smartphones? Because most of us do now, and seriously, you have to buy a new one every three years if you want it to work properly, and most people do that willingly. This version of the PONO will likely be usable for many years longer than that, whether or not newer version come out later. So what's the problem here? Also, the signature series ones will probably be worth plenty as time goes on if the buyer oddly decides not to use it. I think it's smarter to get the signature series one than it is to get the cheaper plain one if you're for some reason talking about how much they retain their value. Use it or don't use it - the signature series is a cool item, and this paper weight talk makes little sense.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    You guys type to much for my A.D.D. Mine is going right into my car so I can see what my subwoofer can really do.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Why all the stress? Seems to be a cool product. My ten year old iPod cost the same with no expandable storage option. I think the shape works and I buy their reasoning for it. At the moment, you can purchase it at a discount if the above appeals to you. If not, cool, save your cash for something else and move on.
    Portugal The Man scored another run in the 5th.

PTM - 2
    Kenny Rogers - 4

Get your Cracker Jacks!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    october22 said:

Why all the stress? Seems to be a cool product. My ten year old iPod cost the same with no expandable storage option. I think the shape works and I buy their reasoning for it. At the moment, you can purchase it at a discount if the above appeals to you. If not, cool, save your cash for something else and move on.

Come on october22. This is not the time or place for being reasonable and levelheaded. image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • You wanted the Best! You got the Best! Pono. Via Neil Young
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    october22 said:

I used an original Ipod for years, until it crapped out. Still kept it somewhere cause my kids might think it's cool when they're older. I've been using the one I bought after it crapped out since, it's probably 8 years old or so. (just guessing)

"Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Jason P said:

Portugal The Man scored another run in the 5th.

PTM - 2
    Kenny Rogers - 4

Get your Cracker Jacks!

You're loving this heated head-to-head match-up... aren't you?

My money's on Rogers holding off a late surge by PTM in what will always be described as a classic finish. Final score: Rogers 7... PTM 6.