I want to Smoke a joint with Stone and Eddie

Comments

• me too, just like my vision of the universe, wide open and unlimited, I actually think it might be my favorite that or Vs, love both of those, and Jeff picked out the artwork on both
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 8,639
    edited February 2014
    Eddie getting a manicure, not judging, just felt it belonged in this thread, with the randomness of it
    [Photo link removed. Ed didn't pose for that. Do not post photos of personal and private situations. - Admin]
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Eddie speaking of the virtues of marijuana legalization
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAvFyunxVxw
  • Gosh, I dunno.

I'm still not 100% convinced on this "legalization of marijuana" issue. Very close, though.

I feel that if I could only see a few dozen more unanswered posts featuring humorous memes, pro-cannabis quotations from notable people, weed-related statistics, and Contempt for the Man, I may be converted. Again, I am very near changing my stance here. Extra credit will be given for posts containing large images. If this thread can set the record for ratio of pages-to-participants, that ought to seal if for me.

Until then, I will continue to trust the federal government and Big Pharm implicitly. Thank you and have a nice day.
    2003--Cleveland. 2010--Columbus. 2013--Wrigley, Oakland. 2014--Cincinnati
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    edited February 2014
    This video's kinda creepy. I get the pictures of waves and fish and dolphins and the like but what's with the picture of Eddie's family (with a chicken in the bottom left-corner no less)?
    Post edited by Kat on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I wonder if the mods take a break on Sunday...

This thread has crossed a line.
    edited February 2014

I wonder if the mods take a break on Sunday...

what line is that, the line of free speech? this is Pearl Jam related, in this video Eddie openly promotes legalization of Marijuana in Arizona, a state where any amount could get you a felony, this is an issue every member of Pearl Jam supports 100%, so really you are barking up the wrong tree, I am helping the band promote an issue they heavily support, what line was crossed? and dude this thread has been up for 17 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAvFyunxVxw
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
    edited February 2014

[video link of Ed's family removed by Admin]

This video's kinda creepy. I get the pictures of waves and fish and dolphins and the like but what's with the picture of Eddie's family (with a chicken in the bottom left-corner no less)?
    just something off of Facebook, but all your comments are negative so I would expect nothing less from you, don't you have something better to do than constantly harass me, you don't like my threads just ignore them, trust me I won't be heartbroken, you are an adult right, you do know how to ignore things right? the whole point of life is to be the best person you can possibly and you being negative all the time, maybe that is the best you can be? I don't know but maybe you should look in the mirror instead of putting other people down all the time
    Post edited by Kat on
  • now before all those rude and negative comments where were we?
  • obviously making Marijuana illegal has been a total failure
  • those of you who support prohibition, these are the kind of people you are supporting
    edited February 2014
    and that is how Stone comes up with all the cool ass riffs, honestly if you like any music from 1967 on there is probably a 95% chance that Marijuana consumption had something to do with it, and actually most of them also took LSD and or mushrooms at some point, so to be against Marijuana legalization and still listen to Marijuana influenced music or watch Marijuana influenced movies, or to celebrate Marijuana influenced art is in fact 100% hypocritical, Eddie has openly celebrated on this past tour how much he enjoys smoking Marijuana, so look in the mirror
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,646

I have to say, I'm curious too. What line has been crossed? Talking about Pearl Jam and marijuana in the same thread? No, no problem there. Posting pro-legalization of marijuana images on the Pearl Jam forum? Can't imagine that's a problem. Posting a video showing images of the Vedder family, waves, turtles and dolphins? I got it- it was the turtles- right? :))
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited February 2014
    brianlux said:

I have to say, I'm curious too. What line has been crossed? Talking about Pearl Jam and marijuana in the same thread? No, no problem there. Posting pro-legalization of marijuana images on the Pearl Jam forum? Can't imagine that's a problem. Posting a video showing images of the Vedder family, waves, turtles and dolphins? I got it- it was the turtles- right? :))
    that was a still image that was taken from Australian TV that had been posted on Facebook in The Official Ten Club Members board, I just thought that Eddie would appreciate that imagine in that song, because of what it reperesents, the song is about love and he loves his family and the sea, pretty innocent stuff, the image is out there, which I had nothing to do with and since it is out there, I used in in a positive appreciation for Eddie Vedder and all he has done in my life, it is no understatement to state that with Pearl Jam's music and Eddie Vedder's poetry I would not be here today
    edited February 2014
    brianlux said:

I was thinking of this song and this version when I made the video, so since it is about love gone good and that was the best public image I had ever seen of Eddie and his family, so why not use it in a positive way?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g3uHQECgdg
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,646

brianlux said:

that was a still image that was taken from Australian TV that had been posted on Facebook in The Official Ten Club Members board, I just thought that Eddie would appreciate that imagine in that song, because of what it reperesents, the song is about love and he loves his family and the sea, pretty innocent stuff, the image is out there, which I had nothing to do with and since it is out there, I used in in a positive appreciation for Eddie Vedder and all he has done in my life, it is no understatement to state that with Pearl Jam's music and Eddie Vedder's poetry I would not be here today
    And good to know you are here Big Guy!

:)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

brianlux said:

And good to know you are here Big Guy!

:)
    life is a blessing live it to it's fullest, thanks and you to bro
    edited February 2014
    and if you don't agree with this philosophy, frankly I don't care, I live my life honest and true to my soul, I live my life to it's fullest and make no apologies for doing so, I am not hurting anyone, and if you allow my words to hurt you, I would go back to something I was told when I was 4 years old "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me" and frankly I give the mods a major thumbs up, allowing free speech, and not locking a thread every time someone whines about it, before they allowed the 10% militant faction to deprive the other 90% of us of actual real discussions that could help further our society someday, I want to make the world the best place it possibly can be, and to love life as much as possible, I joined the Ten Club because to me Pearl Jam represents freedom and living life with a smile on your face, we cannot allow people with negative energy who only seem to want to rip apart other Pearl Jam fans to have control of this board, this forum is a living breathing thing and the Mods are giving us a chance to grow this forum in the best forum in the world, because frankly most Pearl Jam fans I have met are amongst the most awesome people I know, lets take that common love for the most awesome music in the world and make this the most amazing place to be, does that really sound so bad? because if it does, please state it here publicly so the rest of us who do want to have fun and a good time can avoid you
  • Hank, love the thread- at least there's something fun on this board still!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,104
    If someone not feels good about this thread, there is a simple solution and everyone knows which is..
    i'm 100% with you Hank..there's a lot of things that you can do with this gift from the nature..the fathers of our fathers they knew about that..the ancient greeks..the indians..the asians..the eguptians..everything it's about the money..so simble..
    and yes Hank..it's not for everyone..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    edited February 2014

[link to video of Ed and his family removed by Admin]

just something off of Facebook, but all your comments are negative so I would expect nothing less from you, don't you have something better to do than constantly harass me, you don't like my threads just ignore them, trust me I won't be heartbroken, you are an adult right, you do know how to ignore things right? the whole point of life is to be the best person you can possibly and you being negative all the time, maybe that is the best you can be? I don't know but maybe you should look in the mirror instead of putting other people down all the time
    Dude it's nothing personal against you or your thread. It's just weird vid and I would made that exact same comment towards anybody. I'm not in any way "putting you down" by saying I think that's a creepy video. I'm not. Quit being so emotional. And your "look in the mirror instead of putting other people down all the time" line drives me nuts. You always spew that same sort or rheortic towards anybody that makes a post that (somehow) hurts your feelings. I don't put anybody down ever in real life or on the internet. But that's a creepy video, it's made by you (I assume cause the avatar on the youtube channel is the same as yours here), so I commented to you that I think it's a creepy video. I don't constantly harass you. Nobody does. It's all in your head, man.
    Post edited by Kat on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited February 2014

Dude it's nothing personal against you or your thread. It's just weird vid and I would made that exact same comment towards anybody. I'm not in any way "putting you down" by saying I think that's a creepy video. I'm not. Quit being so emotional. And your "look in the mirror instead of putting other people down all the time" line drives me nuts. You always spew that same sort or rheortic towards anybody that makes a post that (somehow) hurts your feelings. I don't put anybody down ever in real life or on the internet. But that's a creepy video, it's made by you (I assume cause the avatar on the youtube channel is the same as yours here), so I commented to you that I think it's a creepy video. I don't constantly harass you. Nobody does. It's all in your head, man.
    no it is not creepy, it's you being a tool, that is the same line whenever you see any video with pictures of the band in their personal life on it, "oh look everybody it's creepy", that's BS just like you. That is a live shot from Australian TV, that someone else not me, posted to Official Pearl Jam Ten Club Members on Facebook, they knew the cameras were on them, they didn't have to smile for the cameras, and once someone Australia posted that picture to Facebook it is on the internet forever, not my doing, so attaching that image to a song whose lyrics were written by Eddie about love, not creepy, that is you being negative, flat out that's it, I posted that video to both Ten Club sites on Facebook and here and you are the only one who had anything negative to say, so most Pearl Jam fans in that context that it was used in fact do not think it is creepy, I promise you Eddie would think it's cool, while he is smoking his joint watching it, so not sure what your problem, but you said your peace, as negative as it is, so why don't you go over the pictures where Eddie is hot thread since you seem so concerned, and no one else seems to be
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    Please let this thread go away [-O<
This discussion has been closed.