I want to Smoke a joint with Stone and Eddie

Comments

• I'm for legalization, but Big Bank Hank your vision is bias. The marijuana has a lot of issues. It's addictive, demotivated people, people gets eschizofrenia...
    Leeds 2014 / Milton Keynes 2014 / Barcelona 2018 / Lisboa 2018
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Posts: 8,639
    edited February 2014
    mcolombo said:

I'm for legalization, but Big Bank Hank your vision is bias. The marijuana has a lot of issues. It's addictive, demotivated people, people gets eschizofrenia...

well after 25 years I am here to tell you that schizophrenia happens only in a limited number of people, and it is 1000x less addictive than 99% of prescription medications, as for motivation Sativas they actually energize you, where as Indicas will demotivate you, it is about education, and the people who smoke and experience schizophrenia just don't smoke it again, the effect of smoking a joint, lasts at most 1 to 2 hours, and Marijuana is far less harmful than Fluoride
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX0s-4AyWfI
    Alter Your Genes and Cure any Disease
    The new age gurus, spiritualists or visionaries talk about the power of thoughts and how it manifests into reality. But when the same theory/concept is affirmed by someone from a scientific background, it helps bridge the gap between science and the spirituality.

Bruce Lipton, a cellular biologist and bestselling author of The Biology of Belief, advocates the idea that we have significant control over our biology, and with our intentions and beliefs we can ‘reprogram’ or ‘control’ our genes and our lives. This challenges the traditional scientific belief that genes control life and people attribute their illnesses to genetic dysfunctions.

For instance if cancer, heart failure or some other disease runs in the family, it doesn’t necessarily mean that a younger member of the family would also get those diseases, contradictory to the belief that diseases are hereditary. The genes can be altered by changing our environment and perception of that environment.

“You can control your genes by influencing your beliefs and personal attitudes. How I see the world and my perception controls not just internal biology and genetic behaviour but it controls how I create a world around me, your mind’s perception of the world changes the biology and chemistry of your body which changes the cells in your body.”

Cells are like miniature people, since cells and humans have the same system like digestive, reproductive, immune and nervous systems. Each cell, like every human, has receptors built into its skin so it can become aware of the environment. If a person is in a stressful environment, every one of our cell is also experiencing that via the electromagnetic vibrations sent throughout our body. Similarly, if we are happy, our cells are happy and in harmony. “Cells experience the same life you experience and it can survive outside of your body by living and growing in a tissue culture dish,” Lipton adds.
    Research reveals that 95% of the time humans use their subconscious mind which is the habit mind programmed from childhood till the age of 6, after which your life is controlled by those habits. While the conscious mind, which we associate with our personal identity, our thinking and reasoning mind, is used only 5% of the time.

You might accept this message and might think that I will change or become positive and eliminate the negative thoughts, but in real that’s only your conscious mind talking, the subconscious wants to return to his old ways of repetitive patterns. We have to make a conscious effort to unlearn what we were programmed as children and not rely on habits and make a visible change in our lives.

According to Lipton, there are three ways that are effective in changing old, limiting or sabotaging beliefs in the subconscious mind, Buddhist mindfulness, clinical hypnotherapy and a new healing modality called ‘energy psychology.’ This change will eventually lead to a healthier living in harmony with nature and ourselves.

a great aid in this are psychedelics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYYXq1Ox4sk
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited February 2014
    mcolombo said:

I'm for legalization, but Big Bank Hank your vision is bias. The marijuana has a lot of issues. It's addictive, demotivated people, people gets eschizofrenia...

It's not addictive. Sigh. I have known of one or two individuals who became addicted, but it's quite rare.

As far as this thread goes, I think it's a no-brainer that everyone wishes to smoke a j with Eddie and the guys. This thread is silly. But if we want to debate the pros and cons of weed? AMT is most likely the place for that.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • mcolombo said:

It's not addictive. Sigh. I have known of one or two individuals who became addicted, but it's quite rare.

As far as this thread goes, I think it's a no-brainer that everyone wishes to smoke a j with Eddie and the guys. This thread is silly. But if we want to debate the pros and cons of weed? AMT is most likely the place for that.
    hey I will be the first one to admit it is silly, but there is usually some humor in contained within, and getting people to laugh and smile is never a bad thing, and sometimes even get a few people to stop and think also not a bad thing
  • Get some of the old 710 oil. Yummy. Look it up. Bam. It's a little too strong for my old ass but damn hank it would perhaps put you on yer ass
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Get some of the old 710 oil. Yummy. Look it up. Bam. It's a little too strong for my old ass but damn hank it would perhaps put you on yer ass

cool I will check it out
  • it's been 15 years since I smoked weed. If I blazed one with ed and stone, I'd probably be a paranoid mess!
  • it's been 15 years since I smoked weed. If I blazed one with ed and stone, I'd probably be a paranoid mess!

marijuana is definitely not for everybody
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427

it's been 15 years since I smoked weed. If I blazed one with ed and stone, I'd probably be a paranoid mess!

marijuana is definitely not for everybody
    all weed is not the same either. you now got stuff that is 30%+ thc. and edibles.... fuget about it!!
  • Rhianna
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    I can't stop watching that clip...it's hypnotic...
  • shecky said:

I can't stop watching that clip...it's hypnotic...

+1
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Get high all you want - but stay the fuck home & off the roads please. Or you will end up like an old roommafe of mine who would drive around stoned and ended up crashing his car and hurting alot of people badly. Also, don't end up with a serious addiction like alot of the folks I have clinical experience with who self medicate with weed and move up the chain of drugs seeking a more intense lasting high like pills or cocaine. It happens more than people think.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Get high all you want - but stay the fuck home & off the roads please. Or you will end up like an old roommafe of mine who would drive around stoned and ended up crashing his car and hurting alot of people badly. Also, don't end up with a serious addiction like alot of the folks I have clinical experience with who self medicate with weed and move up the chain of drugs seeking a more intense lasting high like pills or cocaine. It happens more than people think.

yes, but then there is the fact it cuts down significantly on gang revenue, this year Denver area schools will receive approximately 27.5 million from Taxes from Marijuana

edited February 2014
    random picture off Mike McCready's Twitter page, because that is what us stoner's do we throw all sorts of random shit in there, and without Marijuana I would be forced to take prescription medications, and those are far worse, I answered calls for 2.5 years talking to senior citizens and SSDI beneficiaries about their Medicare part D drug plans for the largest insurance company in America, trust me your parents and grandparents are slowly being turned into zombies by the added ingredients in those medications, prescription drugs, that shit is way worse
  • Zombies, you say?

Wow. Sounds pretty bad.

Dumping Mom's diabetes medication in the garbage right now.

Close one. Thanks, Hank.
    2003--Cleveland. 2010--Columbus. 2013--Wrigley, Oakland. 2014--Cincinnati
    edited February 2014

Zombies, you say?

Wow. Sounds pretty bad.

Dumping Mom's diabetes medication in the garbage right now.

Close one. Thanks, Hank.

I am not saying ditch insulin, and that is bullshit to infer that, my sister is a diabetic and those are not the kind of prescription drugs I was talking about, but actually since you mention it that is barely even a prescription drug, you can actually get insulin at WalMart without a prescription anyway, but if you think the pharmaceutical companies are not the ones that are behind trying to keep Marijuana illegal, than you are higher than anyone in here, the drug companies will lose billions of dollars if Marijuana is legalized, and that is the ONLY reason marijuana is not illegal, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln all smoked pot, which was called hemp back then, and I value their judgement way more than yours!!!!!!!!
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,472
    I'm seriously surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. Yes, it's a fan forum and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion and blah blah blah... but I don't see why it's ok to so blatantly promote and encourage drug use. If someone was to start a thread titled "CRACK IS GREAT!" it would be locked immediately; this should be no different. But no, smoking weed is what all the cool kids do isn't it so it must be ok.

The single most annoying thing I find about the pro-marijuana brigade is that there is no room for reasonable debate with stoners. It's always "we're right, you're wrong", no middle ground. The same old lines are reeled out every time, often by celebrities - no recorded deaths, it's a natural plant, it's not addictive... Newsflash: if you smoke weed every day you are addicted! It doesn't matter that nobody has died and it may be a natural plant but you are still addicted to smoking it.

Personally I hope it is legalized some day, for no other reason than stoners will finally stfu about legalizing it. As for smoking a joint with EV and Stone, I honestly couldn't think of anything worse. Sure I would really love to meet them, who wouldn't? They're 2 of my all-time favourite musicians. But what would be the point of getting high with them? It's not as if you would be spending time with the 'real', sober EV or Stone is it?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:

I'm seriously surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. Yes, it's a fan forum and everyone is entitled to voice their opinion and blah blah blah... but I don't see why it's ok to so blatantly promote and encourage drug use. If someone was to start a thread titled "CRACK IS GREAT!" it would be locked immediately; this should be no different. But no, smoking weed is what all the cool kids do isn't it so it must be ok.

The single most annoying thing I find about the pro-marijuana brigade is that there is no room for reasonable debate with stoners. It's always "we're right, you're wrong", no middle ground. The same old lines are reeled out every time, often by celebrities - no recorded deaths, it's a natural plant, it's not addictive... Newsflash: if you smoke weed every day you are addicted! It doesn't matter that nobody has died and it may be a natural plant but you are still addicted to smoking it.

Personally I hope it is legalized some day, for no other reason than stoners will finally stfu about legalizing it. As for smoking a joint with EV and Stone, I honestly couldn't think of anything worse. Sure I would really love to meet them, who wouldn't? They're 2 of my all-time favourite musicians. But what would be the point of getting high with them? It's not as if you would be spending time with the 'real', sober EV or Stone is it?

probably because Eddie Vedder himself has said how awesome it that Washington legalized it and openly promoted that other states should do the same, seriously get off your high horse, if Eddie Vedder publicly wants to lobby to have marijuana legalized, then they sure as hell don't care if I want to smoke a joint with a couple of the band members who also smoke and want it legalized
  • goldrush said:

well here is the phoenix show, awesome show by the way and here in Arizona where any amount of weed can be a felony, Eddie openly promoted legalization
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWEPgBTe34g
    edited February 2014
    goldrush said:

• goldrush said:

• goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,472
    Thanks for that. Seriously, I appreciate it. It seems that, without actually reading my post, quoting it 4 times has helped me prove my point. I have a different opinion to you so I am clearly in the wrong. Like I said, there is no room for debate if "I'm right/you're wrong" is the rule here.

There is no high horse here my friend, just someone with a different view on things. It doesn't matter if Eddie smokes or advocates legalisation, it doesn't mean that I have to agree with him. I haven't asked for the thread to be locked, merely voiced surprise that a topic encouraging drugs is allowed on a forum with young followers.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    edited February 2014
    goldrush said:

Thanks for that. Seriously, I appreciate it. It seems that, without actually reading my post, quoting it 4 times has helped me prove my point. I have a different opinion to you so I am clearly in the wrong. Like I said, there is no room for debate if "I'm right/you're wrong" is the rule here.

There is no high horse here my friend, just someone with a different view on things. It doesn't matter if Eddie smokes or advocates legalisation, it doesn't mean that I have to agree with him. I haven't asked for the thread to be locked, merely voiced surprise that a topic encouraging drugs is allowed on a forum with young followers.

your welcome and that's the job of the parents, and frankly it is far safer if they smoke a joint than drinking alcohol, and I am not advocating underage drug use, the kids will still get drugs, one way or another, they just won't have to do it with street deal or a gang member, prohibition puts the kids are far greater risk, and 27.5 million dollars will be going to Denver area schools in 2014 from Marijuana taxes, so Colorado parents are more likely to be able to get a good education for their children that other parents in most of the rest of the country, where they have been slashing school funding
This discussion has been closed.