Options

Sochi Olympics

Comments

• Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    Great game by the US hockey team today. Also great to see Suter cough it up on Slovakia's lone goal. Canada wasn't as impressive but I think they did just fine.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jms said:

Great game by the US hockey team today. Also great to see Suter cough it up on Slovakia's lone goal. Canada wasn't as impressive but I think they did just fine.

We are never overly impressive at the start of the tournaments. Canada had plenty of chances just didn't go in. I like the fact we stuck to the game plan.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    lukin2006 said:

jms said:

We are never overly impressive at the start of the tournaments. Canada had plenty of chances just didn't go in. I like the fact we stuck to the game plan.
    I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure why they feel like Kunitz has to play top line minutes with Crosby. But Canada's D might be even better than I thought.

Hopefully after Canada wins again Shea Weber brings his gold in for us to gawk at and what not because I don't see the US beating them.

• Options
    jms said:

lukin2006 said:

jms said:

I couldn't agree more. I'm not sure why they feel like Kunitz has to play top line minutes with Crosby. But Canada's D might be even better than I thought.

Hopefully after Canada wins again Shea Weber brings his gold in for us to gawk at and what not because I don't see the US beating them.

A lot of the thinking with team Canada under this current group since Vancouver has been whenever possible keep team mates and line mates united ... Crosby/Kunitz - line mates in Pittsburgh, Toews/Sharp - teammates, Perry/Getzlaf - teammates ... Etc. ... Plus this group believes in resume, that's why Nash is on the team, he performs very well internationally, also might be why Luongo ends up as the starter, gold medal goalie I'm Vancouver. I really thought today's game was pretty good, I think if people are looking for flashy, probably won't happen. They kind of looked a lot like the Detroit Redwings, shoot a lot, 5 guys back on D, the D move the puck quickly, lots of shots from the D. I think if Canada wins gold it will be great defence that does it. They have the weapons to turn it loose but I think they'll be content keep goals down.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    Any of 4-5 teams can win this tournament.

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2014
    Ice hockey:
    Sweden-Switzerland 1-0 <:-P quarter final next! I see a gold in the horizon...
    (It's so sad that Zetterberg has problems with his back, now we've lost our team captain)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    lukin2006 said:

And that's what makes this fun

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Holy shit! Damn snow, I missed the 2nd period into the 3rd shoveling...when I came back in it went from 1-0 to 7-1!
    I expected us to win this game but not like that. Very nice!

Same thing I did.

Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Two words: Gus Kenworthy.

Not only did he kick some beautiful ass in the men's skiing we watched last night, but...this too?

Bless him and those pooches.

(also - just me, or does he strongly resemble Matt Cameron?)

• Options
    Annafalk said:

Ice hockey:
    (It's so sad that Zetterberg has problems with his back, now we've lost our team captain)</p>

He should never been playing in the Olympics. He's been bothered by back issues most of the season. These NHL players need to remember who signs their pay cheques. Now they say he might need surgery, players who are nursing nagging injuries and choose to play in the Olympics and further injure themselves will be the primary reason the NHL pulls the plug on future Olympic participation. Now the Detroit Redwings must be holding their breath, Datsyuk has also been nursing a lower body injury.

• Options

lukin2006 said:

Enjoy it ... Likely the last Olympics the NHL participates.

• Options
    Shea Weber's shot ... WOW.

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

I may be in the minority, I never liked the NHLers in the Olympics.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

lukin2006 said:

lukin2006 said:

I may be in the minority, I never liked the NHLers in the Olympics.
    I love it ... The only reason I pay much attention to the Olympics anymore. I hope I'm wrong and others are wrong ... I would say if they are in Korea in 4 years there will be some kind of system in place that will evaluate injured players giving teams control to say " no, you need to rest and heal".

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2014
    lukin2006 said:

Annafalk said:

Ice hockey:
    (It's so sad that Zetterberg has problems with his back, now we've lost our team captain)</p>

He should never been playing in the Olympics. He's been bothered by back issues most of the season. These NHL players need to remember who signs their pay cheques. Now they say he might need surgery, players who are nursing nagging injuries and choose to play in the Olympics and further injure themselves will be the primary reason the NHL pulls the plug on future Olympic participation. Now the Detroit Redwings must be holding their breath, Datsyuk has also been nursing a lower body injury.
    I'm sad to hear that, I didn't know the injury was that serious
    :|
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

lukin2006 said:

Annafalk said:

Ice hockey:

I'm sad to hear that, I didn't know the injury was that serious
    :|
    Yes it's sounds bad ... As of now he can't fly home until the pain goes down, sometime next week. I'm watching the Canada/Austria game and it was commented that Datsyuk is only playing at half speed. I understand wanting to represent and play for your country, I don't understand putting your team who pays your salary in a tough spot, not mention making it easier for the NHL to pull the plug on future participation.

• Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qQgSNl84KAU

Anyone with a favorite Olympian, since Vancouver Alex has been one of my favorite Olympians, great person with a great bond with his brother.

• Options
    Team Canada Hockey looked really good today

• Options
    Getting hyped for tomorrow...

http://youtu.be/dvJ4fqaYFq0
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Looking forward to US/Russia game ... Should be a good one.

• Options
    Would love to see a bit more pressure in the 2nd.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Gøod game so far between USA and Russia (Hockey)
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    Longueuil said:

Gøod game so far between USA and Russia (Hockey)

yeah I am watching that too :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652
    Gonna be an intense last 10 minutes
  • Options
    Oh yeah.

Gonna be an intense last 10 minutes

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Nevermind
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • Options
    Wow
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Pretty good prelim game...I've been forced to crack an early morning cold one
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Had to get a shot there