Options

Sochi Olympics

It's amazing what $51 billion dollars (or $1,726,950,000,000 rubles) in construction can accomplish ...

Comments

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I like it. having a spare would be sweet. or maybe do all number 1 in the left one, number 2 on the right.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It is a power move ...
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Is that a public or private bathroom? Either way it's a horrible idea unless it's a new Olympic event. Poop racing!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Can you make bets on what will go wrong at the Sochi Olympics? I'm putting the potential body count at +/- 26.5
  • Options
    At least Russia has created an impenetrable ring of security to protect the Olympics from the threat of terrorism.

Wait, What?

Never mind ….

Urgent Search for 'Black Widow' Suicide Bomber, May Be Already in Sochi

news.yahoo.com/urgent-search-39-black-widow-171341177.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    That toilet brings back Public School Nightmares
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

That toilet brings back Public School Nightmares

ha! I was just thinking if that is a public restroom, it is one of my recurring nightmares.....
  • Options
    It is a men's restroom in the biathlon centre
  • Options
    Jason P said:

so maybe they think the bi in biathlon means you have to do everything as a pair?
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 said:

Jason P said:

so maybe they think the bi in biathlon means you have to do everything as a pair?
    It could be a trap set by Putin to protect the children ...

• Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Which one are you supposed to use to flush the evidence of performance enhancing drugs...the left or the right?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Fuckin' amateurs - they couldn't even center the trashcan between the toilets.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I've read so many articles about how fucked up and shady these Olympics are. Hopefully nothing bad happens and all the athletes stay safe.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    So at no point did someone not stand back and not see this as a problem ... wtf.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Now those crazy Russians are pooping in cabinet drawers!!!

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    lukin2006 said:

So at no point did someone not stand back and not see this as a problem ... wtf.

The Olympics or dueling toilets?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    hedonist said:

Fuckin' amateurs - they couldn't even center the trashcan between the toilets.

Jason P said:

I'd rather do that than share a stall

OR

Is that known as a upper drawer?

OR

What is it filed under?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    It reminds me of the dudes that slept in Kramer's dresser drawers.

It's just so damned strange...

I can't figure you out, Russia!
  • Options
    What are the odds that the project managers of that bathroom have "slipped" off the balcony of a twelve-story building in the last 24 hours?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,626
    It definitely seems like a strange place! Almost as strange as the IOC choosing Russia to host the Olympics.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason P said:

What are the odds that the project managers of that bathroom have "slipped" off the balcony of a twelve-story building in the last 24 hours?

Yep.

And after, Putin went riding off (shirtless) into the sunset.

I actually can't quite figure him out - he's a strange bird for sure, but he's got some balls on him.

And then there's this. D'aww!
    (although puppy's all "the fuck?")

• Options
    He is actually chocking the dog out in that photo.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    And this....

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Holy shit - that can't be real. Say it ain't so!

He sure loves dogs though. Googling "Putin with puppies" yielded some great results!

(Jason - I must admit that in a couple of photos, the pup's being told "you keep quiet or ELSE!")
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Jason P said:

LOL Im surprised that those draws weren't built in, which makes your theory possible

;))
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

And this....

=)) I'm so impressed by that man just wow!!
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Jason P said:

Can you make bets on what will go wrong at the Sochi Olympics? I'm putting the potential body count at +/- 26.5

over.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Yeah the threat for terrorism is there.. But I'm looking forward to the opening ceremony and the events.
    I will be watching any event that is on pretty much, but mostly looking forward to:
    Hockey
    Curling
    Ski events
    Snowboard events
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

Yeah the threat for terrorism is there.. But I'm looking forward to the opening ceremony and the events.
    I will be watching any event that is on pretty much, but mostly looking forward to:
    Hockey
    Curling
    Ski events
    Snowboard events

I am a bit of an Olympics addict when it's on...... this time around I'm not so sure just because of the obvious problems in who the IOC chose to host. It's crossed my mind to boycott these Olympics due to the human rights problems in the host nation..... then again, I said the same thing when they were in China, and I watched, and I will probably watch these ones too. So I'm just a big hypocrite, obviously.