retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    watched the USA women's hockey last night, pretty impressive team
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Personally can't wait for the hockey to start ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    retropony said:

watched the USA women's hockey last night, pretty impressive team

considering there are only 2 teams really capable of winning gold canada or the us woman's hockey should be removed from the Olympics, just as men's basketball should be removed.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    edited February 2014
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    Detroit's ABC affiliates medal board ... WTF, they even fucked up their own country

• Options
    Watched some of the figure skating earlier that 15 yo Russian kid was impressive what a show she put on.
  • Options
    Bobsledder Johnny Quinn on how he broke through bathroom door

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/video?videoid=ef3b5b7c-0c1b-d226-6634-20cbe0548d0f&ap=true

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    lukin2006 said:

Detroit's ABC affiliates medal board ... WTF, they even fucked up their own country

=))
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited February 2014

discuss....
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ohh la, la and la!
  • Options
    Almost witnessed our first death of the games in the women's slope-style finals last night. Good thing they wear helmets.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yeah, I was worried. She was motionless for a while.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    American bobsledder Johnny Quinn is having a rough week. Just two days after he was forced to destroy a locked bathroom door, Quinn found himself stuck in an elevator. Sadly, destroying the doors probably wasn't an option. http://thesco.re/1eNGSNQ

Let's keep this guy away from any enclosed spaces from now on, yeah?

http://thesco.re/1eNGSNQ

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Jason P said:

Almost witnessed our first death of the games in the women's slope-style finals last night. Good thing they wear helmets.

It was a hard fall, glad all is well.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,581
    Canada leading the way in medal count through Day4....impressive. Go Canada Go
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    USA Mens Curling team lost yesterday... Not a promising start as they missed many shots. (Although the Netherlands guys had some pretty lucky shots too)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,783
    Now both of Costas's eyes are fucked up....Matt Lauer will be filling in for him tonight. What the hell is going on in Russia???
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    every time i've tried to watch the olympics at home figure skating has been on. argh. BUT sunday i was able to watch women's hockey, russia vs germany. as a huge hockey fan,i mean this as no offense to women's hockey but watching them play on that large ice surface was painful. everything was in slow motion and i was only able to get through a period.

very much looking forward to the men's tournament.

and ps - i fucking love bob costas. huge old time yankee fan who grew up idolizing mickey mantle. check out some of his interviews where he talking about the mick with such passion and emotion. good stuff.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Costas should've never been on air with the one bad eye. Are you telling me there wasn't anyone else available or qualified to do this? No back up plan? I'm over this guy any way. We need some new blood on the airwaves.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    It's the bad face water. He's turning into the Toxic Advenger.
  • Options
    Or it could be that he is actually 107 years old and his plastic surgery is melting.
  • Options
    Molson Canadian installed a beer fridge in Team Canada's Olympic house in Sochi that is activated by scanning a Canadian passport.

http://beta.thescore.com/wolym/news/429501

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    dankind said:

discuss....

Who is this? Damn
  • Options
    The mens speedskating last night was a lot of fun.

Not Shaun White's biggest fan.
  • Options

Love the short track speedskating...such a wild sport.

Yeah, White kinda seems like a dick. Bullshit move he pulled backing out of the slope style last minute....someone else from the US could have had that spot. It was also pretty telling when the other snowboarders jumped all over him on twitter after he backed out...obviously not a well-liked guy on that circuit.
  • Options

dankind said:

discuss....

Who is this? Damn
    Silje Norendal. Norwegian snowboarder. She's awesome.
  • Options

Love the short track speedskating...such a wild sport.

Yeah, White kinda seems like a dick. Bullshit move he pulled backing out of the slope style last minute....someone else from the US could have had that spot. It was also pretty telling when the other snowboarders jumped all over him on twitter after he backed out...obviously not a well-liked guy on that circuit.
    Yeah, it's insane.

No doubt. They took some subtle shots at him on the today show too. Definitely not well liked
  • Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349

dankind said:

discuss....

Who is this? Damn
    Silje Norendal. Norwegian snowboarder. She's awesome.
    something tells me she is going to do alright for herself......
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    just boring figure skating on NBC so I turned it to CBUT since Canadian coverage tends to be better and they cover more events....but tonight they're showing freakin figure skating too...

come on networks... show skiers or snowboarders flinging hemselves down a mountain. and if it's on a rink it should be either speed-skating or hockey. stuff like that or show some crazy mofo's doing 70-75mph down a icy luge
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~