Options

Sochi Olympics

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    lukin2006 said:

one think with Canada losing the top see it keeps the possibility of Russia vs Canada Gold medal game alive ... and I'm pretty sure that's the gold medal game most want.

says...... canadians?

i am sure russia would like an '80 rematch on their home turf.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    rival. said:

lukin2006 said:

one think with Canada losing the top see it keeps the possibility of Russia vs Canada Gold medal game alive ... and I'm pretty sure that's the gold medal game most want.

says...... canadians?

I have zero interest in a Russia vs Canada gold medal game. Maybe it's just me image
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    I think it will be Russia v Canada in the gold medal but as an American, I hope that we can find a way to get there.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    rival. said:

lukin2006 said:

says...... canadians?

Actually no, Canada vs Russia gold medal game is what the Russians want, apparently Russian TV has been showing a lot of the '72 summit series.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    I would guess a German company is making your sleds is because German sleds are probably the best engineered. Look who dominates the bobsled and luge competitions.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options

I think it will be Russia v Canada in the gold medal but as an American, I hope that we can find a way to get there.

I'm not so sure anyone can predict who'll be the finals. I thought the US has looked the best so far ... They also looked the best after the preliminary round in Vancouver. It all starts for real on Wednesday ... So we'll see.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664
    The Hockey Thread :))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Well the woman hockey team really showed us swede's didn't they.. :)
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    Man I hope that USA v Canada game is at 11am if it happens.

I have watched a shitload of hockey and almost nothing else. I intended to watch other stuff but I end up flipping away pretty quickly....but I am loving the hockey tournament.

I have watched almost every game and probably every game involving at least one good team. They are so good it's hard to watch anything else.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    imalive said:

Idris said:

Those BMW sled's are looking great!

a) I feel like everyone should use the same sled

b) why is a German company making sleds for the U.S.? oh yeah......money
    yep, I agree.

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    ted nolan!

gets Latvia to the quarters against Canada
  • Options
    alright, so canada gets a free pass against latvia.

us/czech & russia/finland should be excellent games.
  • Options
    rival. said:

hard to say ... latvia is only a -5 in the round robin even tho they went 0-3 ... ted nolan is an excellent coach and he can get the most out of his players ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

rival. said:

hard to say ... latvia is only a -5 in the round robin even tho they went 0-3 ... ted nolan is an excellent coach and he can get the most out of his players ...
    We should win this game no matter the coach. Truthfully the Swiss would have been more of a concern to me only in the sense that they play just like Finland. The problem with the Swiss is they are so defensive oriented that once they fall behind they do not attack well, just like Finland, they are built to get leads.

But I agree Nolan is a good coach ... And anything can happen in win or go home games.

• Options
    I'll bump this up, I imagine this will fire up in a few hours
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    maybe should have stuck with bob ... looks like finland is going to face sweden in the semis
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    What time does the US play today?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

What time does the US play today?

Noon (Eastern). Same time as the Canadian game

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    alright... how do i rally my coworkers to inconspicuously leave work with me today at 11am to go to the bar down the street for a few hours... suggestions are welcome.
  • Options
    rival. said:

alright... how do i rally my coworkers to inconspicuously leave work with me today at 11am to go to the bar down the street for a few hours... suggestions are welcome.

Buy them beer?

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    Beat it, Russia
  • Options
    sweden/finland, WOW. love sweden getting backed by a lundqvist shutout and two goals from hagelin. some good blueshirt representation right there! lundqvist has been just locked in during this tournament.

glad to see russia go but a US/Russia, canada/russia gold medal game would have been nuts.

• Options
    rival. said:

send them this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdmyoMe4iHM
  • Options
    Another victory today :) Sweden - Slovakia 5-0!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I really wanted a USA-Russia final.

Oh well.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Annafalk said:

it was Slovenia ... but who's really counting!?? ... haha
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    polaris_x said:

Annafalk said:

:\">
    ( Finland will be a hard opponent.. )
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    Not shocked Russia lost. They don't have enough heart. I really hope USA and Canada win and play Friday at 11central. If they do I'm taking off work and getting tanked with prenoon beers and whiskey.

So if you hear about a one man post game riot in Nashville you will know what started it. I even have an American and Canadain jersey so I could just be for whoever wins( I'm kidding I would never do that. In fact rule in the Weber jersey can't leave closet during Olympic year.)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    Annafalk said:

polaris_x said:

Annafalk said:

:\"> Finland will be a hard opponent..
    Canada just barely beat them in overtime. Finland's really good!
    I am hoping for a Canada/US final again. It'll be so fun when Canada wins again. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Russia didn't play well as a team and did not handle the pressure of playing at home, if they got behind or frustrated they tried to do it themselves. I don't think it's easy playing at home in the Olympics when your considered a hockey country and one of the favorites. We struggled at times in Vancouver, we also had our moments, Russia struggled the entire tournament. But I'm glad that since the playing field became even in '98 Russia is 0-5.