Options

Sochi Olympics

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    whelp, i guess my only positive take away from this game is i do not have to root against lundqvist now.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Undecided if i want Canada or Sweden in the Gold medal match... I'm normally an underdog kinda guy. Who is the underdog?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Quick was on his head. Canada sticks on our offensive zone kept us at bay. Glad it wasn't Crosby who scored.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    FrankieG said:

Undecided if i want Canada or Sweden in the Gold medal match... I'm normally an underdog kinda guy. Who is the underdog?

tough to say. will be an interesting matchup against the two previous gold medal winners.

• Options
    jmsjms Posts: 243
    Congrats to Canada. They were the better team by a wide margin.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Annafalk said:

Wow nice game, props to CAN.
    Rooting for CAN in gold medal round.

Hahaha

Sorry, just like more of their players.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    :D <:-P :-bd \:D/ B-) 8-X

This means i have to get up at 4AM on Sunday, lol. Recording it isn't an option because everyone in my neighborhood loves air horns! All major hockey games have to be watched live. I can't even pause them to go get a snack. It's kind of ridiculous, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    rival. said:

FrankieG said:

tough to say. will be an interesting matchup against the two previous gold medal winners.

No question Canada is the favourite.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    PJ_Soul said:

This means i have to get up at 4AM on Sunday, lol. Recording it isn't an option because everyone in my neighborhood loves air horns! All major hockey games have to be watched live. I can't even pause them to go get a snack. It's kind of ridiculous, lol.</p>

All part of the fun, right?
    Maybe dont go to bed Saturday, keep the party going? :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PJ_Soul said:

This means i have to get up at 4AM on Sunday, lol. Recording it isn't an option because everyone in my neighborhood loves air horns! All major hockey games have to be watched live. I can't even pause them to go get a snack. It's kind of ridiculous, lol.</p>

more like don't sleep the night before ...
  • Options
    would have never guessed 1-0 ... great goal by benn ...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Well fuck. That sucked. The pace of that game was insane. U.S couldn't get any sustained offensive pressure. It was one chance and the puck was immediately back to the neutral zone. Canada is tough...hard to see them losing to Sweden.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2014
    FrankieG said:

Sweden is clearly the underdog, a much smaller country than Canada..(we have a population of only 9 million)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Epic game. The score was flattering to the American team.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Well you got the tits yesterday and the cock today. Suck it U S of EH?!

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,785
    edited February 2014
    lukin2006 said:

Quick is one hell of a net minder(Price is better but I'm biased) he is the main reason the score was that low. It was a great game to watch, a little sad that wasn't the gold metal game as it would have been a great one.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,785
    Annafalk said:

FrankieG said:

Sweden is clearly the underdog, a much smaller country than Canada..(we have a population of only 9 million)
    Um ya so the physical size of the country doesn't really factor in :p are you already out and about trying to drum up support for Sweden???lol
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    the better team definitely proved out. The Blueline and puck possession were just suffocating.

USA is closing the gap though. I thought they were more competitive with Canada this game than 2002 and 2010 (excluding Canada'a stinker of a game in RR of '10).

When I was a kid, the US would be 7th or 8th in things like the olympics and WJCs. Now we are a regular medal contender.

Probably rooting for Canada vs the Swedes.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604

Well you got the tits yesterday and the cock today. Suck it U S of EH?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0HyebF6O0w

• Options
    3 1 goal games in a row ... i can't take it anymore!
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2014

Annafalk said:

FrankieG said:

Um ya so the physical size of the country doesn't really factor in :p are you already out and about trying to drum up support for Sweden???lol
    Doesn't the size of the country factor in?? What a bummer...well it doesn't matter cause we're gonna win :-*
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

All part of the fun, right?
    Maybe dont go to bed Saturday, keep the party going? :)
    This is actually the more likely scenario!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Annafalk said:

Annafalk said:

FrankieG said:

Doesn't the size of the country factor in?? What a bummer...well it doesn't matter cause we're gonna win :-*
    I don't think the population of a country has anything to do with it. The Russians have the biggest population, they lost. The US has a population ten times the size of Canada's and they lost. Canada's population is between three and four times the size of Sweden's, but that's clearly meaningless - Canada will win because we're awesone, not because there are more of us. :D;)
    No, but seriously, i don't think there is an underdog here. I mean, Sweden just beat Finland. Canada barely scraped by that team. Should be a great game!!
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Had to delete my other post I typed up...no, I'm not flattered.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    There are rumblings of bars n' pubs either staying open all night
    or opening early for thirsty Canadians to watch the final.
    Let me know if you are so fortunate!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    toronto city council voted 37-4 to allow bars to serve alcohol at 7 am sunday morning ...
  • Options
    polaris_x said:

toronto city council voted 37-4 to allow bars to serve alcohol at 7 am sunday morning ...

And crack at 6 am

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    edited February 2014

There are rumblings of bars n' pubs either staying open all night
    or opening early for thirsty Canadians to watch the final.
    Let me know if you are so fortunate!

Cheers.

I'm sure there will be plenty of places open for watching, but serving alcohol will be problematic in most places I think. Liquor laws restrict the hours when businesses can serve. I don't think it's legal at any place between 2am and 9am in Greater Vancouver - it probably goes later in some places. So even in ths East bars will probably have to break the law to serve during most of the game.... although the laws in BC are particularly ridiculous on this. Maybe there are some provinces or cities that would make it easier or have special licensing.
  • Options

polaris_x said:

And crack at 6 am

no time restriction for crack ... haha
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    polaris_x said:

Well there you go! Way to go Toronto! .... The timing of this game is actually a major blow to the Vancouver economy. Millions and millions won't be spent. No wonder TO made that decision.... I wonder who the four teetotallers are?? lol
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on