Options

Sochi Olympics

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

There are rumblings of bars n' pubs either staying open all night
    or opening early for thirsty Canadians to watch the final.
    Let me know if you are so fortunate!

Cheers.

It would be nice, but I doubt it.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/alison-redford-relax-aglc-regulations-so-establishments-with-a-valid-aglc-licenses-can-serve-alcohol-as-of-5-00am-mst-on-sunday-february-23-2014-in-recognition-of-the-olympic-gold-medal-hockey-game
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x said:

toronto city council voted 37-4 to allow bars to serve alcohol at 7 am sunday morning ...

I'll settle for coffee at the hour.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

toronto city council voted 37-4 to allow bars to serve alcohol at 7 am sunday morning ...

Well there you go! Way to go Toronto! .... The timing of this game is actually a major blow to the Vancouver economy. Millions and millions won't be spent. No wonder TO made that decision.... I wonder who the four teetotallers are?? lol
    believe it or not ... ford was one of them!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    We've hung with Canada for a few decades in hockey. When does the Grey Cup champ play the Super Bowl champ image
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,628
    polaris_x said:

PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

Well there you go! Way to go Toronto! .... The timing of this game is actually a major blow to the Vancouver economy. Millions and millions won't be spent. No wonder TO made that decision.... I wonder who the four teetotallers are?? lol
    believe it or not ... ford was one of them!
    :)) Oh my god, that is so stupid. :)) I understand why he did it, which just tells us that he is TERRIBLE at understanding people. By being one of the four he has called way more attention to his drinking in problem than he would have if he'd just voted with the crowd, PLUS he voted against businesses raking in money hand over fist.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

We've hung with Canada for a few decades in hockey. When does the Grey Cup champ play the Super Bowl champ image

Finally the US would win a game! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,785
    PJ_Soul said:

=)) =))

I would love to see the NFL guys play without a 4th down.....hehe
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't need your shit right now. The hangover is kicking in image
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

I don't need your shit right now. The hangover is kicking in image
  • Options
    Our favourite pub here in Calgary announced they will be open at 4:45am and pouring pints by puck drop at 5am. I'm curious how they can swing that given the law.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Our favourite pub here in Calgary announced they will be open at 4:45am and pouring pints by puck drop at 5am. I'm curious how they can swing that given the law.

Because it's a Sunday .. Any working in liquor law enforcement will be home watching game.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 said:

dignin said:

Because it's a Sunday .. Any working in liquor law enforcement will be home watching game.

It's a go! Only in Canada!

http://metronews.ca/news/edmonton/950060/outpouring-of-enthusiam-leads-to-decision-to-let-alberta-liquor-flow-during-olympics-mens-hockey-final/

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    dignin said:

lukin2006 said:

dignin said:

It's a go! Only in Canada!

http://metronews.ca/news/edmonton/950060/outpouring-of-enthusiam-leads-to-decision-to-let-alberta-liquor-flow-during-olympics-mens-hockey-final/

Man, that is GREAT, but i HOPE Sweden wins.

• Options
    Note left in locker room from Canadian Woman's Hockey Team for the Men team

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2014
    That was a nice note they left, I wonder if the Swedish hockey girls did the same?
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited February 2014
    Congrats to the hose heads ... Free back bacon and long johns for everyone :P

Although the way the weather has been this winter, I feel like I may be a hose head, at least a honorary hose head, eh?

Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I will be rooting for the Detroit Red Wings to beat Team Lahey today ... :D
  • Options
    Kane is going to put 6 goals up the first week back in Chi-Town, I can see it now
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Jason P said:

Congrats to the hose heads ... Free back bacon and long johns for everyone :P

Although the way the weather has been this winter, I feel like I may be a hose head, at least a honorary hose head, eh?

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    Gross
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    disgraceful performance
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Finland!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    wow. embarrassing. flat out embarrassing. big set back for US hockey.
  • Options
    That was fucking terrible. They just gave up I guess, which is definitely disgraceful. Good word Smarchee.
  • Options
    so the us men traveled 9 times zones to play a disgraceful bronze medal game ... unbelievable.

• Options
    Exact reason why I don't really need the States to send NHLers. No heart. I'd bet everyone on that team would prefer to win the Cup than win a gold medal.

Send college kids or AHLers. Kids who can make a name for themselves.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

Exact reason why I don't really need the States to send NHLers. No heart. I'd bet everyone on that team would prefer to win the Cup than win a gold medal.

They either had no heart or were just gased from the Canada game. That was a fast paced game, the US coach says one of the fastest games he's ever seen ... they spent a ton of time defending in their zone which is far tougher than playing in the offensive zone. Where as the Finland/Sweden game was more like a morning skate ... just a possibility.

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    lukin2006 said:

They either had no heart or were just gased from the Canada game. That was a fast paced game, the US coach says one of the fastest games he's ever seen ... they spent a ton of time defending in their zone which is far tougher than playing in the offensive zone. Where as the Finland/Sweden game was more like a morning skate ... just a possibility.

agreed. i am going with the US being completely out of gas from the canadian game. actually surprised to see quick get the start, it was clear he had nothing else to give less than 24 hours after yesterday's game.

you start a well rested miller, the US gets some luck on kane's two penalty shots and other scoring opportunities, you could possibly skate away with bronze.
  • Options
    Canada usually loses the bronze medal games too. Those players go over there with an all or nothing mentality. I wouldn't say it's a big setback for American hockey.

But in the end I think it's always better to win the bronze than lose the gold. You could see it in the faces of the Finns today and you will see it in the faces of the losing team tomorrow. Hopefully team Canada can pull it off tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

I think all the NHLers on the Canada and Sweden team and Canadians and Swedes would disagree with you! Lots of heart to go around! I just want to see the best in the world play each other. There are plenty of other tournaments where i could watch all the mediocre people play each other.