Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    The wife is in on it....somehow
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Here's a mystery for y'all to solve.

Why the hell do I get an email from HBO GO with True Detective Sn 1/ Ep 7 at the top, but that episode is not yet on HBO GO? Why tease us like that?

I think it's because HBO GO FUCK YOURSELF!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Jesus, Folks...lets get back on track here.

Tho I did hear Fred Jones and Daphne Blake are the two detectives for next years story...
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Jesus, Folks...lets get back on track here.

Tho I did hear Fred Jones and Daphne Blake are the two detectives for next years story...

=D>

Well, Matthew McConaughey does like those redheads, man.

And, of course, the criminal(s) would've gotten away with it if it weren't for those meddling kids.

:-bd
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    PJ_Soul said:

JK_Livin said:

Less Cagney and Lacy and more theories. The only thing C&L can detect our their own deaths at this point. Are they even alive?

image I don't know - one of them might have died. :-/
    How about Sunny and Cher.... oh wait. Never mind.
    How about Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman? Together again? I wonder if they could crank up the psycho factor of the case this time? :D
    What's in the BOX? >:)
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    jlaustin said:

PJ_Soul said:

JK_Livin said:

Less Cagney and Lacy and more theories. The only thing C&L can detect our their own deaths at this point. Are they even alive?

image I don't know - one of them might have died. :-/
    How about Sunny and Cher.... oh wait. Never mind.
    How about Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman? Together again? I wonder if they could crank up the psycho factor of the case this time? :D
    What's in the BOX? >:)
    I realize I'm mostly alone in saying this but....

Awful film. It was like being smacked in the face with a burlap sack full of bricks with the word "obvious" painted on the outside for over two hours.

At the time, I felt like it was a terrible waste of Gwenyth Paltrow, too, but then later it was revealed to us all that she's just a terrible actress. So, this was perhaps her best role.

I heard that David Fincher went on to make some better films that trust his audience not to be a bunch of drooling shitheads, but then I saw Fight Club, which was more of the same.

True Detective is so much more by showing and telling so much less.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Episode #7 tonight.

After You've Gone
    Cohle and Hart try to discover if a series of missing persons reports could be related to the Dora Lange murder and the Tuttle family.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I think it's interesting there's a backlash against the show now - people saying it's really not that good. Here's one example, this article in the New Yorker - how shallow the female characters are, all the nudity, blah blah. (I'm female and think it's sort of silly how HBO has naked women all the time - so what, it's HBO.) I think the show is great.

Anyway, here's this: http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/television/2014/03/03/140303crte_television_nussbaum
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I like the show but the last 2 episodes were a little underwhelming, too much beating around the bush.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    JK_Livin said:

I like the show but the last 2 episodes were a little underwhelming, too much beating around the bush.

i'm finally caught up....i think the 4th episode is as good as it gets on television. maybe that's why the last 2 seemed a little like a let down. still great though. i just am feeling right now like i feel heading into a boardwalk empire finale: how do they tie all this up in one hour? ---especially a show like this where it's sort of like a series finale. all new cast and story next year. wish next week was a 2 hour finale or something.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

i'm finally caught up....i think the 4th episode is as good as it gets on television. maybe that's why the last 2 seemed a little like a let down. still great though. i just am feeling right now like i feel heading into a boardwalk empire finale: how do they tie all this up in one hour? ---especially a show like this where it's sort of like a series finale. all new cast and story next year. wish next week was a 2 hour finale or something.
    Pretty sure it is 2 hours next week.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

seriously? that is fucking awesome!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

It's just one hour according to the HBO schedule.

2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Loved last night's episode. Also worried about how it can all be wrapped up in one hour. Not sure if Marty and Cohle can get out of this in tact.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    edited March 2014

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

It's just one hour according to the HBO schedule.

I searched on my dvr for next week and it had 8-10pm. Seems like too much left for 1 hour.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Is Cohle going to commit suicide after wrapping up the investigation next week?
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

HBO schedule says 55 min.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

I want you to be wrong.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

dankind said:

JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

I want you to be wrong.
    I'm never wrong -- just ask my wife. image

I do want the schedule on HBO's website to be wrong.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    I started re-watching it last night. Soooo many little things that you catch the 2nd time around.
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Ok, looks like the reason I thought it was 2 hours is because it's on at 8pm this Sunday and re-airs at 10pm.

I had a few beers last night.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Ok, looks like the reason I thought it was 2 hours is because it's on at 8pm this Sunday and re-airs at 10pm.

I had a few beers last night.

Lone Stars?

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    That would be great.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Can't wait to see how it wraps up. I have a feeling Cohle isn't going to survive this...
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    it's defininitly gonna be exciting to see how it all ties together.

not too sure what'll happen with cohle....i'm more inclined to think hart will lose his shit and go on a rampage when his family's (or is it his own?) involvement is revealed
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I just don't get how they are going to wrap this up in an hour.
    There is still so much to do....
  • Options
    mca47 said:

I just don't get how they are going to wrap this up in an hour.
    There is still so much to do....

Hopefully, they won't wrap it up too much. Most of what makes this show good is that it's left open for the viewer's interpretation. Plus, an hour isn't enough time to wrap everything up, so the finale would be a poorly executed mess and there would be less time for bouncy boobies..
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    More fun reading while we wait for the finale: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/true-detective-kurt-vonnegut.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    pretty damn cool...

McConaughey Reveals the Four Stages of 'True Detective' Rustin Cohle

Oscar winner talks about charting the show's hero from crack cop to cracked-up

By JONATHAN RINGEN
    MARCH 4, 2014 3:30 PM ET

When Matthew McConaughey was preparing for the psychedelically complex character he plays in HBO's twisted, acclaimed True Detective (the final episode airs on Sunday), he made a monster document to help him find his way. The show spans 17 years, during which time Rustin "Rust" Cohle variously exists as a sober, hyperanalytical homicide detective, a coke-and-meth-fueled undercover agent he calls "Crash" and a troubled, alcoholic ex-cop. "I just basically broke it down and made a 450-page graph of where Cohle was and where he was coming from," McConaughey says, flipping through the document until he gets to part he's looking for.

The Dark Thrills of 'True Detective'

Here, in McConaughey's own words, are the "Four Stages of Rustin Cohle":

1995 Cohle
    "Back to being a part of the body. He's coming off of years being Crash. He's trying to walk the line. Monk-like. Trying to hold it together. And that's a lot easier with less interaction with others. There's a mechanical side to him. He needs the regimen of the homicide detective. He needs the case to actually survive. One, because he's great at it. And two, because it's going to keep him from killing himself."

Crash
    "He's our deep, narco wild-ass. A guy who goes all the way. This is where Cohle has all the freedom. He can go over the edge as this guy. And inside, he loves the life of Crash even more, because the shackles are off of him. He knows he may die sooner living this life, but there's a freedom and peace in that knowledge for him."

2002 Cohle
    "A little looser mix of Crash and the '95 Cohle. A guy who's made his boundaries clear and has to mark less territory, so he's relaxed into his way in the world. But the case is still his lifeline. He has some small hope that there's going to be a way out of his being and pain and criticism, so he makes an effort into domesticity, a la the girlfriend. Only to prove that he was not made for it, and there is no way out. So what does he do? He resigns to his nature, once again."

2012 Cohle.
    "This guy lived longer than he hoped. Fallen prey to his own beliefs. More cynical, angrier, he's had to endure the existence of this shitstorm called life. A little ragged, more rough edges, living in a place where he can manage himself. Not too close. He's not in the CID. But he's not in Alaska. He's a guy who's resigned to his indentured servitude of being alive. But he despises the sentence and the penance. He will not accept defeat. He's not going become a madman, he's not going to kill himself. He wrestles the devil every day, and he realizes that this may last a lot longer than he ever hoped for."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/mcconaughey-reveals-the-four-stages-of-true-detective-rustin-cohle-20140304
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism said:

it's defininitly gonna be exciting to see how it all ties together.

not too sure what'll happen with cohle....i'm more inclined to think hart will lose his shit and go on a rampage when his family's (or is it his own?) involvement is revealed

come on....you think hart or hart's family is involved?
    chinese-happy.jpg