Options

HBO: True Detective

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Theres no fucking way Cohle could survive being impaled on that knife, dangling a foot off the floor.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

so wtf was this all about?

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,614
    pjradio said:

Lol. Good fucking question!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    "True Detective's second season, which Pizzolatto says will concern "hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system."
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Here's a question - the spaghetti face man. All the scars on his face. Where were they? His complexion looked a little blotchy. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

Here's a question - the spaghetti face man. All the scars on his face. Where were they? His complexion looked a little blotchy. Am I missing something?

I thought it looked a lot worse than a little blotchy - they still looked like pretty severe burn scars - but they definitely weren't as bad as all the talk about it made it seem. That drawing of him with the green ears was certainly out of hand, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    PJ_Soul said:

Enkidu said:

I thought it looked a lot worse than a little blotchy - they still looked like pretty severe burn scars - but they definitely weren't as bad as all the talk about it made it seem. That drawing of him with the green ears was certainly out of hand, lol.
    Yeah, but if your Cohle and you're told that he's a green-eared spaghetti monster you would draw the same thing, lol.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    pjradio said:

"True Detective's second season, which Pizzolatto says will concern "hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system."

I thought that was said in jest after all the shit Pizzolatto took for his portrayal of women. I might be wrong though.

• Options
    pjhawks said:

prism said:

it's defininitly gonna be exciting to see how it all ties together.

not too sure what'll happen with cohle....i'm more inclined to think hart will lose his shit and go on a rampage when his family's (or is it his own?) involvement is revealed

come on....you think hart or hart's family is involved?
    lots of little things pointing to Hart's wife and/or family involved. one interesting point I read about last weeks episode is that when Hart's wife showed up at the bar to talk to Cohle there was a reflection of a deer with antlers in the window and she was wearing a yellow shirt. I have to re-watch to see that but that is very interesting. and why did she seem so interested in Marty helping Cohle then show up to talk to Cohle after 10 years?
    She still cares for Marty and didn't want him getting hurt working with Cohle.

• Options
    tcadd94 said:

pjhawks said:

prism said:

it's defininitly gonna be exciting to see how it all ties together.

not too sure what'll happen with cohle....i'm more inclined to think hart will lose his shit and go on a rampage when his family's (or is it his own?) involvement is revealed

come on....you think hart or hart's family is involved?
    lots of little things pointing to Hart's wife and/or family involved. one interesting point I read about last weeks episode is that when Hart's wife showed up at the bar to talk to Cohle there was a reflection of a deer with antlers in the window and she was wearing a yellow shirt. I have to re-watch to see that but that is very interesting. and why did she seem so interested in Marty helping Cohle then show up to talk to Cohle after 10 years?
    She still cares for Marty and didn't want him getting hurt working with Cohle.
    I guess a lot of this stuff was symbolism rather than clues.

And yeah, I also just thought that Marty's wife just wanted to make sure they weren't going to get themselves killed (since Marty pretty much told her it was entirely possible that they would).
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    pjradio said:

:))

I can't tell you how long I spent studying these pictures, trying to find clues - then nothing!

Really enjoyed this season, it will be hard to top this.
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I think we're over thinking everything. The only substantial clue to Harts family being involved is when his daughter had the dolls set up. I don't think you can bring his family, the lawn mower guy's family, the new cops and all the shit we already know to a satisfying conclusion in 55 minutes. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

another interesting point about Maggie including what I wrote above is in the previous episode before last week when she found the pictures and served Marty dinner she gave him...spaghetti. which I believe is the 2nd time she has been shown to be serving spaghetti. tie with spaghetti like face? very interesting.

in hindsight, this is fucking hilarious. hahaha...she served him spaghetti!!! it's a clue!! what could it mean?!?!?!

the finale was great. we still don't know exactly who the 5 horsemen were and who all else may have been involved...but i liked how the ending was more realistic than all these crazy conspiracy theories lead us to believe. the creator/writer said something to the effect that a twist ending would have cheapened the previous 8 hours you invested in the show. i gotta agree with that.

can't wait to see what next season is like.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    are we gonna make flowers today?

fucking creepy shit!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

are we gonna make flowers today?

fucking creepy shit!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Well, she WAS hot....can you blame him?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    FINALLY got caught up and watched the last 2 episodes on my computer. This moving stuff sucks.

McConaugheys acting in the last 5 minutes was incredible, as was the entire casts throughout the season.

Found it interesting to see Cohle have one of his visions right before he was attacked by the YK. He was definitely lucky to be alive afterwards. I thought he and Hart were both goners.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    yea that was really fuckin creepy. FYI the scene where Rust & Marty are talking to the older black lady that used to be a housekeeper for the the Tuttles explains the scars on that guys face. Something about his Daddy or his Brother or something did that to him. I don't remember exactly what was said but I know it was explained there.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

yea that was really fuckin creepy. FYI the scene where Rust & Marty are talking to the older black lady that used to be a housekeeper for the the Tuttles explains the scars on that guys face. Something about his Daddy or his Brother or something did that to him. I don't remember exactly what was said but I know it was explained there.

Yeah, she said that his Daddy did that to him.
  • Options
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/10/true-detective-s-red-herring-actress-erin-moriarty-who-plays-marty-s-daughter-tells-all.html

True Detective’s Red Herring: Actress Erin Moriarty, Who Plays Marty’s Daughter, Tells All
    Following the season finale of HBO’s detective mystery, the actress who plays Marty’s daughter discusses the troubled Audrey and why fans thought she was doomed. [Warning: Spoilers]
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    edited March 2014

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I think we're over thinking everything. The only substantial clue to Harts family being involved is when his daughter had the dolls set up. I don't think you can bring his family, the lawn mower guy's family, the new cops and all the shit we already know to a satisfying conclusion in 55 minutes. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

another interesting point about Maggie including what I wrote above is in the previous episode before last week when she found the pictures and served Marty dinner she gave him...spaghetti. which I believe is the 2nd time she has been shown to be serving spaghetti. tie with spaghetti like face? very interesting.

in hindsight, this is fucking hilarious. hahaha...she served him spaghetti!!! it's a clue!! what could it mean?!?!?!

the finale was great. we still don't know exactly who the 5 horsemen were and who all else may have been involved...but i liked how the ending was more realistic than all these crazy conspiracy theories lead us to believe. the creator/writer said something to the effect that a twist ending would have cheapened the previous 8 hours you invested in the show. i gotta agree with that.

actually it shows the brilliance of the writing of these 8 episodes. nothing, even little background pieces, were taken for granted which allowed for such wild theories to be branded about. brilliance in the internet era. put a little something in each scene and let the fans and bloggers natural imagination take over, thus creating an elevated anticipation on what it all means and will happen next. utter brilliance by the writer.

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Just saw the finale. Fan...tastic! What an amazing show!
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

actually it shows the brilliance of the writing of these 8 episodes. nothing, even little background pieces, were taken for granted which allowed for such wild theories to be branded about. brilliance in the internet era. put a little something in each scene and let the fans and bloggers natural imagination take over, thus creating an elevated anticipation on what it all means and will happen next. utter brilliance by the writer.

haha...I don't think what she served for dinner is anything more than a funny coincidence, dude.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Did everyone notice that spaghetti man's dad's mouth was sewn shut?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    JK_Livin said:

Yep.

Messed up!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Watched the finale last night and I thought it was amazingly acted and thought provoking. I liked it.
    My answers yielded.....Hillary Clinton and Meryl Streep. Please, make it go away!

The Man With The Scars wearing out Mush Brain while the dog barked outside of their 'room' was the creepiest.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

No Spaghetti for him.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,777
    This is my 1000 post!

Great show kinda too bad it's over.
    I'm going to re watch this show again in the near future.

Gotta love HBO!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    tcadd94 said:

pjradio said:

I thought that was said in jest after all the shit Pizzolatto took for his portrayal of women. I might be wrong though.
    quote taken from a Rolling Stone Interview: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/true-detective-season-2-to-tackle-transit-systems-occult-history-20140310
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    pjradio said:

tcadd94 said:

pjradio said:

quote taken from a Rolling Stone Interview: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/true-detective-season-2-to-tackle-transit-systems-occult-history-20140310
    It was not RS that did the interview, it was HItfix. And there have been a few other publications talking about the same interview that have noted he may have said it in jest. hard to say when reading it in print and not actually hearing how he said it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    edited March 2014

pjradio said:

tcadd94 said:

pjradio said:

It was not RS that did the interview, it was HItfix. And there have been a few other publications talking about the same interview that have noted he may have said it in jest. hard to say when reading it in print and not actually hearing how he said it.
    pretty suspect then...why would he, at this stage, do an exclusive interview with "HitFlix"

Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg