Options

HBO: True Detective

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,202
    edited February 2014
    JK_Livin said:

I watched it again last night with my wife because she fell asleep on Sunday. Did anyone notice the final shot of Cohle in the school. They are showing him through a hole in the wall like he is part of one of those sculptures while there's a forrest on the wall. I wanted to know if anyone else noticed. I can't find it online anywhere to post it.

didn't notice it but will check it out if I see it on again. I think this show has a million little references like this. the one I noticed last episode that wasn't brought up and not totally sure what it references but was when Hart's daughters were playing outside and the older daughter stole the crown/tiara or whatever it was and threw it up into the tree. they showed it hanging there briefly. was wondering if it had something to do with the symbols from the murders. the circles or the weird triangle art pieces. like why show that if it's not some kind of reference or hint?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The girls crown in the tree just symbolized a passage of time for the girls. The crown was shiny and the ribbons were flat and colorful. Then the crown dulled, the ribbons frayed and some of them disappeared before they showed the girls grown up.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

The girls crown in the tree just symbolized a passage of time for the girls. The crown was shiny and the ribbons were flat and colorful. Then the crown dulled, the ribbons frayed and some of them disappeared before they showed the girls grown up.

see I'm trying to see things that aren't there now which is why the show is so riveting. I swore it was going to be one of the symbols. I have to watch this episode again. going to be wild when everything is tied together at the end.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited February 2014
    toward the end, cohle went up to a big tree that had one of those wooden things hanging from a branch, and a spiral looking thing at the base. Was that the scene of the murder? And if so, why would that evidence still be there? I probably missed something & might have go back and re-watch it myself.
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I believe it was the original murder scene. I'm not sure if that wreath was part of the original evidence or not. It also looked like a portal, maybe to Carcosa with the black stars.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

i knew they were interrogating that sick fuck.

Who?

Clues def seem to be pointing towards the Governor and Lawnmower man.
    The 2 current day black detectives are really interrogating Rustin Cohle ( McConaughey ).
    At first they made it feel like they were more consulting with him .

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited February 2014

i knew they were interrogating that sick fuck.

Who?

Clues def seem to be pointing towards the Governor and Lawnmower man.
    The 2 current day black detectives are really interrogating Rustin Cohle ( McConaughey ).
    At first they made it feel like they were more consulting with him .

Yes, but idk that Cohle is really a sick fuck.

If I remember correctly, the old school property is owned and operated by the Governors special program for helping kids or something. Lawnmower man and the Bird traps found inside the school are big.

I also found it weird that the evidence would still be there at the tree scene of the first murder. The question is going to be who was responsible for using the payphone to call the prison, being the last one to talk to the guy that killed himself.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    I still think the governor is involved.
    ...another thread about the "governor".
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Who's the religious guy? I remember meeting him and thinking - oh, I hope the bad guy isn't the religious guy cause they do that all the time and it's such a cliche.

That being said, I love this show and don't want it to end. I feel like I did watching Band of Brothers. When it's over I want to sit down and watch it all from the beginning to see what I missed. And I love not knowing what's coming next.
  • Options
    One of the first religious preacher dudes was Eli from Boardwalk Empire.

Loving this show
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996

One of the first religious preacher dudes was Eli from Boardwalk Empire.

Loving this show

Was he the old guy? Cause there was that old white guy with the governor? His brother or something? And then the younger guy.

Sunday's episode - sort of spoiler alert - when the two guys are describing the gun battle and what happens next. Wow.

• Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Shea Whigham that plays Eli on BE played the preacher that was giving the big sermon at the tent revival... he told Cohle and Hart that he was the preacher at the burned out church before the fire
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    edited February 2014
    I don't think Cohle did any murders either, he's only been seen hanging around the scene of the latest one because he's doing his own investigation. he's not ready to give up what info he's gathered... could be reason why he got pissed off that the detectives consultation turned into an interrogation
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2014
    5 People are involved in these killings

Episode 2 Dora Langes Mothers House

Picture At Her House

imageimage

Another version same pic found on the web

Episode 2 Harts daughters room

One down 4 to go

Post edited by Bronx Bombers on
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Excellent deduction, Bronx Bombers! Love getting these screen shots to analyze! It goes so fast during the show, it is hard to catch everything. I find myself focusing so hard while watching - definitely not a show where you can multitask!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    yeah, I noticed Cohle making the figurines out of the Lone Star tallsies as well.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

A little twist I wasn't expecting but then again, I'm not sure what I was expecting. It's nice to see that the interviewers have a pulse.

and I have to think that somehow Hart's daughters are going to play a role in this story. too many little things sexually with them throughout the episodes for something not to play out regarding the murders. I think it has to be more than just background story.

Yeah, drawing gang bang illustrations in 1995, and in 2002 having a threesome with 2 kids in a car. Something is going on there.

Picture At Her House

imageimage

One down 4 to go

Nice catch! Very odd symbolism in this show.

I agree with everyone that something is going on with Hart's older daughter. Her behavior is so classic for a sexual abuse survivor that it is surprising that neither parent has picke up on it. Of coure, Law and Order SVU hadn't been invented back then, I guess

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    Great detective work Bronx Bombers!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Holy shit, this thread has some very interesting finds on it. BB, those pics are very cool/creepy. Nice detecting!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Who the fuck has a pic like that in their house?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    Those pics (and the beer can guys) are interesting. I just thought he was doing that to pass the time as clearly the detectives weren't on the same "page" as Cohle.
    Can't wait to see what's next!!!!
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    edited February 2014
    mca47 said:

Those pics (and the beer can guys) are interesting. I just thought he was doing that to pass the time as clearly the detectives weren't on the same "page" as Cohle.
    Can't wait to see what's next!!!!

That's what I thought, too. Didn't make the connection to the five freakin' freaky horsemen!
    JK_Livin said:

Who the fuck has a pic like that in their house?

The horsemen remind me of pics I've seen of the Klan. Maybe the mom knows who they are and they are prominent men in the community. Mom is "proud" to be associated with them? But who knows!

Post edited by jlaustin on
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options

Picture At Her House

imageimage

One down 4 to go

awesome !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Almost time!!!!
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    so....including tonites. How many are left?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio said:

so....including tonites. How many are left?

3 including tonight
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    “If you get the opportunity, you should kill yourself,”
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I thought it would be to obvious that Cohle and Marty's wife bang but it shows what I know.

How come I never got a phone call like the one Marty received?
    :))
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

“If you get the opportunity, you should kill yourself,”

that was great. could have a show of just Cohle interrogating people.

so Hart's wife comes across as a real bitch after last night's episode. pretty shitty thing to do.

seems like maybe Cohle is going about killing the suspects? 3 left after last night.

and what do we guess Hart see's on the video Cohle shows him next week? I'm thinking someone or something with one of Hart's family members. either wife or daughters.
  • Options
    I wonder what the switcheroo was with offering to buy Marty a beer and then asking Marty to buy him one?

What's with the local law enforcement down there? A broken tail light for 10 years!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer