Options

HBO: True Detective

Comments

• Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

“If you get the opportunity, you should kill yourself,”

so Hart's wife comes across as a real bitch after last night's episode. pretty shitty thing to do.

Shitty thing to do? He just ass fucked some chick and has cheated on his wife multiple times but what she did was shitty?? You must be a man
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    Cohle hasn't fixed his tail light in 10 years?

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

so Hart's wife comes across as a real bitch after last night's episode. pretty shitty thing to do.

Shitty thing to do? He just ass fucked some chick and has cheated on his wife multiple times but what she did was shitty?? You must be a man
    I wasn't going to touch that one.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    edited February 2014

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

she did Cohle for the sole purpose of throwing it in Marty's face. to me doing that with your husband's co-worker is a shitty thing to do. the random bar guy would have been more excusable. pun intended but she fucked Cohle by doing that. yes marty is a scumbag but that doesn't excuse her behavior either. and yes I am a guy.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

she did Cohle for the sole purpose of throwing it in Marty's face. to me doing that with your husband's co-worker is a shitty thing to do. yes marty is a scumbag but that doesn't excuse her behavior either. and yes I am a guy.
    Yes, what she did was the ultimate betrayal but I believe she knew when she walked in Cohle's door, this was how she was going to finally end her marriage and hurt Marty as much as he has hurt her over the years.

• Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

she did Cohle for the sole purpose of throwing it in Marty's face. to me doing that with your husband's co-worker is a shitty thing to do. yes marty is a scumbag but that doesn't excuse her behavior either. and yes I am a guy.
    Yes, what she did was the ultimate betrayal but I believe she knew when she walked in Cohle's door, this was how she was going to finally end her marriage and hurt Marty as much as he has hurt her over the years.
    yes I agree she knowingly went there knowing it was the way to end her marriage, so she knowingly spit on Cohle for her own selfish reasons. to me that's shitty behavior even if Cohle is culpable by banging her. besides I get a sense she might somehow be involved in the cult/murders.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    quote - - besides I get a sense she might somehow be involved in the cult/murders.

hmmm......Interesting...

• Options

quote - - besides I get a sense she might somehow be involved in the cult/murders.

hmmm......Interesting...

In the preview for next week Cohle shows Marty a video in next week episodes that he freaks out about, plus all the info with the daughters so far has to be leading somewhere other than just family background. and I believe someone said that she supposedly went to the one school they showed the guy cutting in the grass in I think episode 3. and hart mentioned last week the detective's curse about missing what is right under your nose. just my hunch that she plays a role somehow.
  • Options
    Yes, I thought his daughter was in the video for next week. Who knows what turns this show could take, all I know is
    it's the best thing on television right now. Also, not sure how Woody ends up with every hot chick in town :))

• Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2014

Anyone else think Commander Speece is involved in these murders?
  • Options
    Wouldn't the biker group come after Cohle, or do they just get another cook?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

Antlers on the John Deere logo
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Good point depends what happened with ginger last we saw he was duct taped in the back of cohles truck on the way to the ledoux farm. He's not listed in anymore episodes so wonder if they acknowledge this before the series concludes
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Good point depends what happened with ginger last we saw he was duct taped in the back of cohles truck on the way to the ledoux farm. He's not listed in anymore episodes so wonder if they acknowledge this before the series concludes
    Rust told Marty that he threw him in a ditch.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    edited February 2014
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

Rust told Marty that he threw him in a ditch.
    Well I guess that answers that since he's not listed in the last 2 doubt they revisit that part of the story
    Post edited by Bronx Bombers on
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I'm guessing the wife's father has something to so with the Gov/ Cult Killings.

Need to find out who the Giant with scars on his face is.....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

• Options

Nice....not too surprised, he was a early suspect once the Rev was linked to the school he worked at(and later where Cohle found more of the traps)
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options

What episode was this in and where was the drawing from?l
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I like the theory of his wife being involved due to her potential connection to the schools/killings/scar-man. Some good sluething on this thread!

Totally understandable that she wanted to hurt Marty by banging Cohle but I agree that is messed up. Another show where nearly every character is broken in one way or another. Can't wait to see what happens next week.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Episode 3 think the drawing was in 1 but they showed it in a few episodes
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

Episode 3 think the drawing was in 1 but they showed it in a few episodes
    Thanks
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

I like the theory of his wife being involved due to her potential connection to the schools/killings/scar-man. Some good sluething on this thread!

Totally understandable that she wanted to hurt Marty by banging Cohle but I agree that is messed up. Another show where nearly every character is broken in one way or another. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

again maybe I'm looking into it too much but I re-watched this weeks episode last night and one other thing caught me about Marty's wife. when she tells him she fucked Cohle and Marty calls her a whore she says 'you have no idea'. and with Marty before saying the answer was right under his nose...makes me think.

I think Lawnmower man has been thrown around as a suspect here before. the pictures above would seem to indicate a definite possibility.

been awhile since I've been so interested week-to-week in a show like this. other than the Sopranos I think this has been my favorite HBO series.
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think Bronx Bombers is a True Detective
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio said:

Ha no just watched these episodes multiple times you can't pick up on a lot of things the first time around but all the clues are out there if you just look for them. I always look for clues such as 5 men, the color yellow and antlers as well the class picture they posted that's the key to everything. I definitely think the family members of the victims are involved in this so pay attention to any scene where they appear.

• Options

interesting idea, but whats with the headphones. That guy wasn't wearing any in that scene

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options

pjradio said:

Ha no just watched these episodes multiple times you can't pick up on a lot of things the first time around but all the clues are out there if you just look for them. I always look for clues such as 5 men, the color yellow and antlers as well the class picture they posted that's the key to everything. I definitely think the family members of the victims are involved in this so pay attention to any scene where they appear.

Besides Dora's mother and ex, what other family members have been in the show?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjradio said:

interesting idea, but whats with the headphones. That guy wasn't wearing any in that scene

Was he wearing them and then took them off to talk to Cohle?