Options

HBO: True Detective

Comments

• Options
    JK_Livin said:

pjradio said:

I'm beginning to think Bronx Bombers is a True Detective

Ha no just watched these episodes multiple times you can't pick up on a lot of things the first time around but all the clues are out there if you just look for them. I always look for clues such as 5 men, the color yellow and antlers as well the class picture they posted that's the key to everything. I definitely think the family members of the victims are involved in this so pay attention to any scene where they appear.

Besides Dora's mother and ex, what other family members have been in the show?
    Just off the top of my head don't think this is all of them

Marie Fontenots aunts house episode 1

Rianne Oliver's grandfather episode 3
  • Options

pjradio said:

interesting idea, but whats with the headphones. That guy wasn't wearing any in that scene

Was he wearing them and then took them off to talk to Cohle?
    No he wasn't I found that on google images when I went looking for a pic of that guy makes sense though that he would have a pair of those he definitely looks like the picture
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

JK_Livin said:

pjradio said:

Ha no just watched these episodes multiple times you can't pick up on a lot of things the first time around but all the clues are out there if you just look for them. I always look for clues such as 5 men, the color yellow and antlers as well the class picture they posted that's the key to everything. I definitely think the family members of the victims are involved in this so pay attention to any scene where they appear.

Shit, I need to watch these again
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JK_Livin said:

pjradio said:

Shit, I need to watch these again
    Anytime cohle interviews someone you gotta watch it again it's so easy to miss stuff on this show which is why it's so great
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 639
    In the high school photo (both), the girl in the lower row, all the way to the right looks like the baby killer.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,639
    Jenfarr said:

In the high school photo (both), the girl in the lower row, all the way to the right looks like the baby killer.

You're right.
    Man, I am so interested to see where this show goes!!! And how long it goes for....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The girl on the far left in the front row is Stacy Gerhart from the billboard
  • Options

are you noticing this on your own?

I just read an f'd up theory on this show.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ_Soul said:

Jenfarr said:

You're right.
    Man, I am so interested to see where this show goes!!! And how long it goes for....
    Well we know we only get this story arc with Woody and McConaughey for 2 more episodes.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

What billboard?
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

are you noticing this on your own?

I just read an f'd up theory on this show.
    Mostly I really try to avoid spoilers I rather figure them out on my own but you do run into them when you're searching for images. If you have a theory I guarantee you're not the only one with the same one anyway I can list the ones from the picture I know of if you want.

• Options

What billboard?

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

Jenfarr said:

You're right.
    Well we know we only get this story arc with Woody and McConaughey for 2 more episodes.
    Oh. I missed that important piece of info.... I actually thought the series would be with those two characters forever (which was puzzling, given the timeline they're running with, but I thought they were going to surprise me somehow, lol). So what? The next season will be the story of different cops? I haven't read this thread or anything about the show since after the first episiode because I was always behind and didn't want to see any spoilers, so I don't know what the fuck is going on!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,662
    edited February 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jenfarr said:

You're right.
    Oh. I missed that important piece of info.... I actually thought the series would be with those two characters forever (which was puzzling, given the timeline they're running with, but I thought they were going to surprise me somehow, lol). So what? The next season will be the story of different cops? I haven't read this thread or anything about the show since after the first episiode because I was always behind and didn't want to see any spoilers, so I don't know what the fuck is going on!
    The concept is they want to tell stories that are stand alone stories....an Anthology Series is what they are calling it.
    Hoping that with this format they can draw A list talent (due to the short engagement of a mini-series and the desire to bite into something longer than a movie / with the freedom of HBO) and Directors as well.

Gives them the freedom to go in different directions from season to season.
    From the series creator:
    The title, True Detective, is meant to be, of course, purposefully somewhat generic before you even get to the deeper indications. The word "true" can also mean honorable and authentic and things like that. But all the previous incarnations of anything titled True Detective was an anthology; right? So as long as there is some crime in there, I think the series format can approach it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

What billboard?

Doesnt look like the same girl to me. If she was 14 yrs old when killed, how is she in a photo for the 10th grade?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,662
    Yeah this area of the country I thought you were 17 in 10th grade? :)
    Just kidding.
    The guy in the far upper right looks like he is at least 17
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    I just started watching. Matthew's character is incredible.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    not seeing a big resemblance eithe.

I just started watching. Matthew's character is incredible.

welcome

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355

What billboard?

Doesnt look like the same girl to me. If she was 14 yrs old when killed, how is she in a photo for the 10th grade?
    Billboard says 10-11-87. Is that when she was killed? 10th grade picture from what year? 8 years from 87 until 95.
    2nd one in from left in middle row kind of looks like Hart's wife (before Photoshop). Bottom row far left looks like baby killer to me. Just throwing random thoughts out there.

This is driving me crazy!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    2 episodes to go.. bummer..
    apparently the creator hinted that the next season leads will be women. wonder who they'll get..
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    i am up through episode 5. this show is amazing. that final scene in episode 4 is as good as it gets. wow!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yarden said:

apparently the creator hinted that the next season leads will be women. wonder who they'll get..

heard its gonna be Cagney & Lacy...torn on that choice

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio said:

Yarden said:

I think that would be really stupid.
  • Options
    lol that would be funny. no nudity, please! :))
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

pjradio said:

Yarden said:

ya think?....Gonna have to be some heavy hitters though.

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    pjradio said:

PJ_Soul said:

pjradio said:

Yarden said:

ya think?....Gonna have to be some heavy hitters though.

Yeah, heavy hitters. Not Cagney and Lacey. image That would just seem completely gimmicky IMO. Sounds like a joke. Can those two even act anymore?? I think they need actual current and really good actors, not a couple of has beens from the 80s.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Cagney & Lacey?....My attempt at comedic sarcasm. There are NO reports where Cagney & Lacey are in the running for those roles. That would be stupid....Please disregard.

You had to know I was joking, right?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio said:

Cagney & Lacey?....My attempt at comedic sarcasm. There are NO reports where Cagney & Lacey are in the running for those roles. That would be stupid....Please disregard.

You had to know I was joking, right?

No, I didn't. I don't fucking know what these people are doing with True Detective. I saw a post saying they were considering using Cagney and Lacey and there was no emoticon laughing about it.... Stranger things have happened. :-??
  • Options
    Less Cagney and Lacy and more theories. The only thing C&L can detect our their own deaths at this point. Are they even alive?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Less Cagney and Lacy and more theories. The only thing C&L can detect our their own deaths at this point. Are they even alive?

image I don't know - one of them might have died. :-/
    How about Sunny and Cher.... oh wait. Never mind.
    How about Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman? Together again? I wonder if they could crank up the psycho factor of the case this time? :D