Options

HBO: True Detective

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    The interview was with Alan Sepinwall who is a highly respected television critic. He is currently writing for Hitfix. The comment may have been made in jest but the interview is legit.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    edited March 2014
    Love Sepinwall; read his reviews for every show I watch. The interview was legit. He did the same with David Chase right when the Sopranos ended. One thing with Pizzolatto, he talks way too much. He needs to stop explaining some of his decisions and clarifying some of the show's unanswered questions. David Chase kept his mouth shut on whether or not Tony was killed, leaving it for the viewers to discuss. That's part of the fun as a viewer.
    Post edited by tcadd94 on
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    tcadd94 said:

Love Sepinwall; read his reviews for every show I watch. The interview was legit. He did the same with David Chase right when the Sopranos ended. One thing with Pizzolatto, he talks way too much. He needs to stop explaining some of his decisions and clarifying some of the show's unanswered questions. David Chase kept his mouth shut on whether or not Tony was killed, leaving it for the viewers to discuss. That's part of the fun as a viewer.

i think pizzolatto comes off as a douche in interviews. hell of a writer though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652

tcadd94 said:

i think pizzolatto comes off as a douche in interviews. hell of a writer though...
    Agree wholeheartedly.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Cant wait for tonights episode...oh...... shit!!!!!!! X(
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610

Haha, yeah no kidding.... there isn't anything good on TV right now IMO. Movie night! :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I wanted to make flowers last night.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    This is awesome

Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    love it!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    PJ_Soul said:

Haha, yeah no kidding.... there isn't anything good on TV right now IMO. Movie night! :P
    The Americans, Bates Motel, The Walking Dead. Only week and a half until Game of Thrones!

Nothing better than True Detective though, nothing really close actually.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934

PJ_Soul said:

The Americans, Bates Motel, The Walking Dead. Only week and a half until Game of Thrones!

Justified is my favorite show on TV but that only has two more episodes this season. Cannot wait for Game of Thrones. Kind of expect to be disappointed by Mad Men.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

PJ_Soul said:

Bates Motel has been a pleasant surprise.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,610
    edited March 2014

PJ_Soul said:

Never heard of The Americans, tried Bates Motel but it didn't capture my attention (it was okay, i just didn't have time for it in the first season), I can't stand the Walking Dead at this point - I gave it up a couple seasons ago; the story line is completely stagnant IMO. And I don't watch Game of Thrones just because I never picked it up when it started, and it makes no sense when you drop into it (I tried). :P So sucks to be me, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Never heard of The Americans, tried Bates Motel but it didn't capture my attention (it was okay, i just didn't have time for it in the first season), I can't stand the Walking Dead at this point - I gave it up a couple seasons ago; the story line is completely stagnant IMO. And I don't watch Game of Thrones just because I never picked it up when it started, and it makes no sense when you drop into it (I tried). :P So sucks to be me, lol.
    try getting a hold of the first 3 seasons of GOT. if you like it than you have 30 hours worth of entertainment..
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,933
    I didn't even know this show existed two weeks ago, only took the wife and I three sittings to get caught up (while getting caught up on Walking Dead, which was an odd juxtaposition). Fucking awesome, I am already looking forward to watching Season 1 again, mainly to try to understand Rust more. I love the things he says but still don't understand them much, hoping another watch-through will clear some things up (the whole "time is a flat circle" thing the most).
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    Just watched the entire season in less then two days. Woody and Matt are awesome. Great season.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Also this season did not spend enough time with the lead bad guy who was killed in caracosa.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    oysterjar said:

Also this season did not spend enough time with the lead bad guy who was killed in caracosa.

Not sure if he was the lead bad guy. He was what was left of the bad guys.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Very true. I just thought with his multiple personalities he could have been on for more shows. The season should have been at least 10 episodes anyway.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    anybody see the chrysler commercials with mcconaughey? it looks like he is channeling rust in them. very weird and cool at that same time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    cyrus the bull
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Like both actors, but I hope the story, dialogue, and directing as as strong as season one too. Going to be tough to follow.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,939
    Downloaded & watched the first season of True Detective last week. It was great & all, but that last episode could of been stretched into 3 episodes. Just felt it was all just rushed to the very end.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    demetrios said:

Downloaded & watched the first season of True Detective last week. It was great & all, but that last episode could of been stretched into 3 episodes. Just felt it was all just rushed to the very end.

Yeah, that was my only complaint about the first season. Things seemed to warp up so quickly in that last episode.
  • Options
    hope thats not the thing that happens with Boardwalk
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    Colin farrell and vince vaughn? ehh not sure about those 2. be interesting to see if vince can pull off a dramatic role. 1st season was so good going to be really hard to match that level of excellence.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

be interesting to see if vince can pull off a dramatic role.

Seen Psycho? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Ff4n9GXPo
    aqo2t.jpg