Options

HBO: True Detective

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213

prism said:

it's defininitly gonna be exciting to see how it all ties together.

not too sure what'll happen with cohle....i'm more inclined to think hart will lose his shit and go on a rampage when his family's (or is it his own?) involvement is revealed

come on....you think hart or hart's family is involved?
    lots of little things pointing to Hart's wife and/or family involved. one interesting point I read about last weeks episode is that when Hart's wife showed up at the bar to talk to Cohle there was a reflection of a deer with antlers in the window and she was wearing a yellow shirt. I have to re-watch to see that but that is very interesting. and why did she seem so interested in Marty helping Cohle then show up to talk to Cohle after 10 years?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652

prism said:

it's defininitly gonna be exciting to see how it all ties together.

not too sure what'll happen with cohle....i'm more inclined to think hart will lose his shit and go on a rampage when his family's (or is it his own?) involvement is revealed

come on....you think hart or hart's family is involved?
    I do -- if you read through this thread there are a number of reasons to suspect. His Wife and the odd activities of his daughter seem to point to something being wrong.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    God damn it. I feel like I need to rewatch this entire season now. That's what I get for starting episodes when I'm already a little sleepy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I think we're over thinking everything. The only substantial clue to Harts family being involved is when his daughter had the dolls set up. I don't think you can bring his family, the lawn mower guy's family, the new cops and all the shit we already know to a satisfying conclusion in 55 minutes. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Yeah...the writers also want to keep the audience guessing so it makes sense to make every character seem a little suspicious.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

5 People are involved in these killings

Episode 2 Dora Langes Mothers House

Picture At Her House

imageimage

Another version same pic found on the web

Episode 2 Harts daughters room

One down 4 to go

Just reading through this thread....I remember seeing Rust glance at that photo a couple times. Why do you think he didn't inquire about it?

I will also add that this show has a phenomenal theme song. I hope they keep it next year but I doubt they will
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    JK_Livin said:

I think we're over thinking everything. The only substantial clue to Harts family being involved is when his daughter had the dolls set up. I don't think you can bring his family, the lawn mower guy's family, the new cops and all the shit we already know to a satisfying conclusion in 55 minutes. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

couple of questions:
    how did Maggie know where the bar was that Cohle was working at to pay him the visit last episode?

did they ever say if Maggie was re-married and if so to whom?

the connection with lawnmower man has to come from the school.

another interesting point about Maggie including what I wrote above is in the previous episode before last week when she found the pictures and served Marty dinner she gave him...spaghetti. which I believe is the 2nd time she has been shown to be serving spaghetti. tie with spaghetti like face? very interesting.

and Juggler agree on the theme music. perfect for the mood of the show. HBO really does a great job on all their shows with the music they include.

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    edited March 2014
    pjhawks said:

I will also add that this show has a phenomenal theme song. I hope they keep it next year but I doubt they will

Yeah, I love the theme song!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjradio said:
    ha...i just read that earlier this afternoon. i can see why you guys think her family might be involved--money, big house on a lake, religious. also liked the idea of maggie's dad having a tape of the ritual stuff (that hart saw in rust's storage shed) and maybe their oldest daughter watched it and that's how she got the idea of arranging her dolls like that....

really wish this was 2 hours on sunday.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Gothamist & Slate both had interesting looking theory articles but I didn't read them for fear of spoilers. I don't think Marty has anything to do with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Maggie's maiden name is Tuttle or Childress.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I hope to see y'all in Carcosa Sunday night. 8-X >:)
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    tonight's the night
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I can't wait. Maybe we should have some kind of Louisiana theme dinner tonight. I'll be bummed when this is done, thank God Game of Thrones starts soon.
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    heebee-jeebus... it's gonna be f'n creepy!

True Detective Season 1: Episode #8 Preview (HBO)

http://youtu.be/PORrGrQrFtk
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Lots of ground to cover in just an hour....hope I'm not disappointed. I have faith, though!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio said:
    russell wilson and tina fey........what?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjradio said:
    russell wilson and tina fey........what?
    No way. I got Russell Wilson and Tina Fey and was too embarrassed to post it.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Wtf - I got Alicia Keys and Meryl Streep!

Now to the finale... WOW!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,935
    Even after watching the finale I STILL think there was something up with the wife and daughters. Lol.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    edited March 2014
    Russell Wilson and Julianne Moore.... not sure if Russell Wilson can act, but I half expect it to actually be Julianne Moore with someone. :P
    Someone got Harry Connick Jr.... i think that would be awesome!

Really loved the final episode! I didn't expect it, but am really glad they ended it on a hopeful note.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited March 2014
    That fort dungeon brick structure thing is gonna give me nightmares tonight. Really happy with the final episode.
    Edit: I got Alicia Keys and Ian McKellen. I have no problems whatsoever with that combo.
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

That fort dungeon brick structure thing is gonna give me nightmares tonight. Really happy with the final episode.
    Edit: I got Alicia Keys and Ian McKellen. I have no problems whatsoever with that combo.

Why didn't I get Ian McKellen?

I liked the last episode. Didn't expect it to make me cry.

• Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    edited March 2014
    ldent42 said:

thought the same thing...now i'm gonna have nightmares about that brick fort dungeon place.

that finale was well done...i'm glad it ended in a positive light

I got Russell Wilson and Amy Poehler...which is cool, since I dig them both

Post edited by prism on
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I hope you're right. HBO and Zap2It sites show it as one hour :(
    JimmyV said:

Even after watching the finale I STILL think there was something up with the wife and daughters. Lol.

So do I LOL. I half expected the wife to kill Marty in the room.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I liked it. A very enjoyable season.

Does anyone know what the last thing Rust said was?

Edit: found it
    http://www.thewhig.com/2014/03/09/poetic-finale-for-true-detective
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I thought it was a great ending to a great season. I'm curious to see how season 2 will work out, going to be high expectations for it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    thought last night's episode was really well done. enjoyed the ending with Marty and Rust. loved how even to the end it was kind of a love-hate thing with them. thought them giving the finger to each other in the 2nd to the last scene was awesome.

Harrelson and McConaghey were fucking awesome throughout the 8 episodes.

this 8 episodes was my 2nd favorite HBO series ever behind the Sopranos. Just fantastic. have to think next year's is going to have a hard time matching this. how can they possible get 2 actors/actresses to match the level of Harrelson and McConaghey?