Options

HBO: True Detective

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Fuck..i forget about the thread..lol..!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited May 2015
    Newest Trailer...2nd one, I Think
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uxGbhO4ag

betting Rachel McAdams is gonna be great!!!
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Aww Gambit's all burned
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited May 2015
    pjradio said:

Newest Trailer...2nd one, I Think
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uxGbhO4ag

betting Rachel McAdams is gonna be great!!!

My wife has never looked more badass. Nice to see her channel her inner Regina George.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    By the end of the clip I was waiting for "life, feeds on life, feeds on life feeds on this is necessary...."
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Starts Tonite....not reading many good reviews. We'll see.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Wasn't bad. Mostly set-up. Hopefully it flows better from here. Colin Farrel's character is a fucking mess.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Was ok. Could be entertaining but doesn't have that mysterious, religious, creepiness the first one did which made it so great. Also, following 4 characters instead of two may be a bit disjointed.
    That and Woody and McConnehey are way better actors than those 4.
  • Options
    Feels a bit crowded. But we'll see how it goes.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited June 2015
    mca47 said:

Was ok. Could be entertaining but doesn't have that mysterious, religious, creepiness the first one did which made it so great. Also, following 4 characters instead of two may be a bit disjointed.

It's odd to me that the director changed but the original stayed on as a producer. The work he did with the tone of the first season was amazing. Why fuck that up?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I thought it was interesting but agree with 4 characters there was a lot of shit to watch closely and speculate on. Last season was so good I am happy to believe this is headed somewhere good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Was definitely interesting. What year is this supposed to take place in? Wasn't sure if it's supposed to be present day or in the past.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Thought it was OK. Lots of setup. Maybe something that will be better when binged than watched a week at a time.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Thought it was OK. Lots of setup. Maybe something that will be better when binged than watched a week at a time.

I've read in a couple places that it picks up. They released the first 3 episodes to reviewers.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I chalked this one up as trying to introduce too much too fast. I have hopes as the story line settles in it will get better.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    mca47 said:

McConaughey, who can't play anyone who isn't Southern, better than Colin Farrell and Regina fucking George? Can I borrow your crack pipe, please?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

mca47 said:

McConaughey, who can't play anyone who isn't Southern, better than Colin Farrell and Regina fucking George? Can I borrow your crack pipe, please?
    I agree with MCA. I dont care if he plays to type, I would put Naked Bongo Guy up against Bullseye from Daredevil any day of the week.
    I like the Rachel McAdams quite a bit and look forward to seeing things develop. Throwing down Regina fucking George made me laugh, had to look up who that was. Mean Girls wasn't ever my thing, I was 30 when that came out.

Woody was amazing in TD last year.

To each their own -- I think that the performances were widely praised for McBongo and Woody last year...and that the cast this year has very high levels to live up to. Hope they do!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited June 2015
    I'm good at compartmentalizing when it comes to movies and TV, so I have no urge to compare this to the first one in terms of quality or mood - with a totally different story, place, and people, I think expecting it to be anything like the first season in any way makes little sense. For me, this is really a brand new mini series, not connected to the first season. I think some of the reviews I'm reading seem unfair - critics had negative things to say before there was time for any of them to watch more than the first episode, lol. I wish the critics would at least restrain themselves until they watch the whole season. Anyway, I'm expecting to enjoy this season. The trailer is intriguing to me, and I like Colin Ferrel, and while I don't like Vince Vaughan in comedies, I think he's great playing darker characters. I haven't watch any of it yet though. I'm still working on season 3 of Orange is the New Black.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm good at compartmentalizing when it comes to movies and TV, so I have no urge to compare this to the first one in terms of quality or mood - with a totally different story, place, and people, I think expecting it to be anything like the first season in any way makes little sense. For me, this is really a brand new mini series, not connected to the first season. I think some of the reviews I'm reading seem unfair - critics had negative things to say before there was time for any of them to watch more than the first episode, lol. I wish the critics would at least restrain themselves until they watch the whole season. Anyway, I'm expecting to enjoy this season. The trailer is intriguing to me, and I like Colin Ferrel, and while I don't like Vince Vaughan in comedies, I think he's great playing darker characters. I haven't watch any of it yet though. I'm still working on season 3 of Orange is the New Black.

Completely agree. It's the same title, but it's essentially a new TV show. I read a few reviews and the constant comparison to the first season is pretty damn annoying.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    i enjoyed it, though it was tough to follow as some mentioned with 4 main characters. vince vaughn's character seems cool as shit and i like the understated way he is playing him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Am I right in thinking Colin Farrells ex- wife(the one that was allegedly raped) is the red head now with Vince Vaughns character?
    His son, who is apparently not his biological son, has that hair color too.
    It does appear that Farrell is in some kind of debt/relationhipwith Vince Vaughn in present day,probably due to the tip he gave him in the past about his wife's attacker.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I don't think so. The guy that was picking the kid up from school seemed like the kid step dad, which wouldn't make sense if it was her. I also doubt Vince Vaughn would be hooking him up with the lawyer lady about getting more custody in that case. Plus he did say they were trying IVF or something so it makes it seem like there two different characters, just that the mom/Colin Ferrel's ex hasn't been shown yet.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i liked it alot..i dont compare wiuth last year,diffent story and caracter..im not sure why they keep the same name for the show..lets see how will goes
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I was floored by how good naked bongo was in TD1. I have high hopes for this one as well.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    That was a big fat mess. There was zero flow to the show. It better get better or someone needs to give rustin a call....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    I miss the old theme song
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355

Am I right in thinking Colin Farrells ex- wife(the one that was allegedly raped) is the red head now with Vince Vaughns character?
    His son, who is apparently not his biological son, has that hair color too.
    It does appear that Farrell is in some kind of debt/relationhipwith Vince Vaughn in present day,probably due to the tip he gave him in the past about his wife's attacker.

I was thinking that Rachel McAdams is Colin's ex-wife. Wasn't the step dad the dude she was with at the beginning? She seems to have sex issues, i.e. the thing with her sister, what her guru dad said, etc. Might need to watch again, just like last season. Remember the two yearbook pics from last year? I studied those pics a lot, thinking they were giving some clues! Not so much! :rofl:

I agree that the first episode was disjointed and a bit hard to follow with the 4 main characters, another reason I'm thinking that they will all be connected in some way. :confused:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    I think if Rachel McAdams was Farrell's ex-wife, they wouldn't have had to introduce themselves in the final scene.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I enjoyed the first episode more the 2nd time I watched it, at least for me, it felt like it came together better. I thought that way about most of the first season as well.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...