Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    pretty good
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    pjhawks said:

Colin farrell and vince vaughn? ehh not sure about those 2. be interesting to see if vince can pull off a dramatic role. 1st season was so good going to be really hard to match that level of excellence.

I'm not sure either.

http://www.tv.com/shows/true-detective/community/post/true-detective-season-2-colin-farrell-vince-vaughn-140495664463/

I'm sure Colin Ferrell will be the detective in Season 2 getting it on with the ladies like Woody Harrelson did in Season 1.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    It's only 8 episodes again. That's a shame.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I just watched season one again. I don't think Matthew Mcgonahee (spelling?) smiled one time during the entire 8 hours. Yes, it is a dark show, but damn, you'd think one joke would have made him laugh.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    so apparently Vince Vaughn is playing a criminal mastermind and not one of the detectives in the 2nd season.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    It looks like the creator of True Detective plagiarized Thomas Ligotti and others for his show. What a shame.

http://lovecraftzine.com/2014/08/04/did-the-writer-of-true-detective-plagiarize-thomas-ligotti-and-others/
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Yefa said:

It looks like the creator of True Detective plagiarized Thomas Ligotti and others for his show. What a shame.

http://lovecraftzine.com/2014/08/04/did-the-writer-of-true-detective-plagiarize-thomas-ligotti-and-others/

I dont agree that espousing someone's beliefs/views through a character is plagiarism. How many shows plagiarize the bible? Honestly I couldn't even get all of the way through the article, it was such a seeming shill for this guy who worships Thomas Ligotti and runs a website bowing at his virtual feet.
    The exact quotes they said were copied were not things I found in that article. Influenced by him? Seems obvious. Plagiarized? Not so. If it was the case there would be a lawsuit and settlements, don't kid yourself.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

I just watched season one again. I don't think Matthew Mcgonahee (spelling?) smiled one time during the entire 8 hours. Yes, it is a dark show, but damn, you'd think one joke would have made him laugh.

Based on that alone, Colin Ferrell is an excellent casting choice.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    when this will return?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

when this will return?

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Supposedly in Summer 2015:
    screenrant.com/true-detective-season-2-characters-premiere-date/

They have provided a lot of cast info, it isnt "The Word of McCready" or anything but IMDB is usually a good source:
    imdb.com/title/tt3792838/
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Jason P said:

Colin Ferrell is going to be in the new season?

I think my ovaries just exploded.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    ldent42 said:

Jason P said:

Colin Ferrell is going to be in the new season?

I think my ovaries just exploded.
    whoa
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    pjradio said:

pjhawks said:

be interesting to see if vince can pull off a dramatic role.

Seen Psycho? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Ff4n9GXPo
    That's what I was going to say. Can't say the movie overall was good, but I thought that VV was very effective in it. I was impressed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    pjhawks said:

so apparently Vince Vaughn is playing a criminal mastermind and not one of the detectives in the 2nd season.

That's good news. I think he could pull that kind of roll off really well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    PJ_Soul said:

pjhawks said:

That's good news. I think he could pull that kind of roll off really well.
    I'm excited about it. I like to see actors step out of their comfort zone. As long as he doesn't over act the part, I think it will work. Absolutely my favorite show since The Wire.
  • Options
    hope was awesome like last year
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    pjradio said:
    Nice! Only a couple months away....I didn't think it would be on so soon.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Yeah I thought it was rumored for the fall.
    Gonna be hard to match up to season 1, lets hope they can come close at least.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Maybe I'm a complete pessimist, but I can't imagine any season to come being as good as the first. I will certainly give it a try. They set the bar so high though.

The one thing that bugged the shit out of me was the constant chain smoking that Rustin did throughout. Seeing whoever it was lighting up makes me think the second season will repeat that theme. Also, the 1994, Heat looking 19 inch tv that was behind Colin Ferrall makes me think it will be a flashback show like the first season.

I hope someone gets the heat reference.
  • Options

Maybe I'm a complete pessimist, but I can't imagine any season to come being as good as the first. I will certainly give it a try. They set the bar so high though.

The one thing that bugged the shit out of me was the constant chain smoking that Rustin did throughout. Seeing whoever it was lighting up makes me think the second season will repeat that theme. Also, the 1994, Heat looking 19 inch tv that was behind Colin Ferrall makes me think it will be a flashback show like the first season.

I don't get your Heat reference but I agree with your first statement.

My reaction to the trailer:
    1. Was that Gambit?!
    2. Colin Farrell has a kid-toucher moustache :rofl:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

I don't get your Heat reference but I agree with your first statement.

My reaction to the trailer:
    1. Was that Gambit?!
    2. Colin Farrell has a kid-toucher moustache :rofl:
    A molestache?
  • Options
    Does anyone remember the Al Pacino/Robert DeNiro movie Heat from around 1995? When Al Pacino finds out his wife is cheating on him he say (and I'm paraphrasing) "you can sleep with my wife, you can read my newspaper, but you can't watch my mother fucking tv!" That's what that tv looked like in the trailer.
  • Options

Does anyone remember the Al Pacino/Robert DeNiro movie Heat from around 1995? When Al Pacino finds out his wife is cheating on him he say (and I'm paraphrasing) "you can sleep with my wife, you can read my newspaper, but you can't watch my mother fucking tv!" That's what that tv looked like in the trailer.

Haha yeah, great flick. Can't wait for this show.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    I'm a little pessimistic too, Last12. Never been a Colin Farrell fan...

Can't wait to see it but I just think it's weird that it's basically a completely different show. Seems minor, but I would think the theme song will be different too and I think that sucks cuz the song from the first season was fucking great and really set the tone for the show.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    I loved the first season, thought it was some of the best tv I've ever seen. I wasn't looking forward to this season when I saw the official cast announcement. Now that I have seen the trailer I don't think I will be watching this at all. Maybe I am the only one but I just can't see anything besting Woody and Matthew.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I do think that them going in the way of the anthology format (i think that's what it's called) is better off than them trying to do another season as a progression of the first.
    For anyone who was into Broadchurch, it was a similar thing, contained story in 8 (?) episodes, but it was soooo popular they renewed it for another season. So the writers just extended the story, so of course many people considered the 2nd season a huge disappointment since it couldn't live up to the first season.
    I think doing a completely new story with new characters and closing the chapter on McConaughey and Woody is the best way they could have approached a second season. Interested to see Vince Vaughn. I'm a fan of Colin Farrell but I can't with that moustache :lol:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The trailer certainly has my interest. Not expecting it to reach the level of Season 1. Doesnt mean it won't be good.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.