Options

we are not just paid customers..

Comments

• Options
    ....maybe I am the only one and maybe you wanna bash me now, but I just don't agree!

We don't own this place, even if we pay good money for benefits (+ bootlegs -p.s.always thanks for my boots, they just keep me walking and walking...)

This place belongs to Pearl Jam and Ten Club, it's their life achievement. It is them who created this place and we became part of this world due to the music we just love soooo much and out of all this we became friends here!
    And I think we should not forget about this relation!

So, if this group of people thinks there had to be made changes around the board, for whatever reason,
    ...it is on us to give helpful advices to make it all work for the good (but please in a nice way as this is the common sense here) and
    .. it is on us to keep the great spirit of it all and carry it around to this place, all based on this wonderful music.

sorry, but after all this discussion, I just wanted to make this point.
    good day to everyone, n.
    and VIVA Pear Jam ;)
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    =D> =D> =D>
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Im.not sure when was the last
    .having day of work..im up 5-6 hours already and i just didnt come to check the forum at all..
    I stadied your forum..the joy goes away...

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,522
    as someone who has worked in IT for over 15 years and has done hundreds of upgrades over the years.....I almost never get compliments. :)

Why did you do this to us? Why did we change? The old system was better. the new system sucks. What was wrong with the old way. etc. etc.

I feel your pain Ten Club and can sympathise. All you can do is take some lumps, listen to the feedback and make changes where your can.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Really miss the old forum.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    There were issues with the old one. This one seems faster and I dont seem to have to log on many times a day.

Aesthetically though this board is absolutely hideous.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    jlaustin said:

I am not on social media, so I really hope that isn't what this forum is leading to...

You're on a message board. So yes, you do use social media.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options

+1

I have definitely used the board less since the change.

Same here :(
  • Options
    Well said Dimitris!
    I love the band and all the wonderful peeps I've met on this site. We are a family, a PJ Family.
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    "You think we've been here before. You are mistaken."
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    After I few days with the new board I have to say that I am getting used to it a little bit. The layout issue of everything lined down the left side in IE is very annoying (way too much scrolling every time I open a thread). But I like the new post notification in participated threads. But to the poster above that said it seems faster, I completely disagree. The auto save post thing is unnecessary. There will always be pros and cons to change ...
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 965
    I think this forum is alright. Sure there's a couple things I think would make it better but I like the change. People will get used to it soon
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555

....maybe I am the only one and maybe you wanna bash me now, but I just don't agree!

We don't own this place, even if we pay good money for benefits (+ bootlegs -p.s.always thanks for my boots, they just keep me walking and walking...)

This place belongs to Pearl Jam and Ten Club, it's their life achievement. It is them who created this place and we became part of this world due to the music we just love soooo much and out of all this we became friends here!
    And I think we should not forget about this relation!

So, if this group of people thinks there had to be made changes around the board, for whatever reason,
    ...it is on us to give helpful advices to make it all work for the good (but please in a nice way as this is the common sense here) and
    .. it is on us to keep the great spirit of it all and carry it around to this place, all based on this wonderful music.

sorry, but after all this discussion, I just wanted to make this point.
    good day to everyone, n.
    and VIVA Pear Jam ;)

Your right that PJ does own the message board but don't mistake the fact that this message board is for the fans. I don't know what this has to do with "their life achievement" though...its a message board for their fans plain and simple. .

Oh ya...the new boards suck.
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 965
    Everytime Facebook, one of the biggest sites in the world, gets upgraded you always here of people complaining. Hell, even I didnt like it once when it got upgraded but eventually end up logging on again. Its just people get used to the way things are.

Its still a Pearl Jam message board, we can still have the same conversations. I feel I could almost guarantee that within time this will die down and people will post again as normal
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 760
    After a few times on this new layout I'm liking it and forgetting about the old one.
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    Will add to the discussion by simply saying this forum is very difficult to read and navigate. What was once an enjoyable experience has become a very frustrating one.
    POP POP!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Magnitude said:

Will add to the discussion by simply saying this forum is very difficult to read and navigate. What was once an enjoyable experience has become a very frustrating one.

Pop Pop!!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,774
    Magnitude said:

Yes and Yes. The white background and tiny print are giving me a headache.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    BinFrog said:

jlaustin said:

I am not on social media, so I really hope that isn't what this forum is leading to...

Sorry, I meant social media like FB or twitter, and I don't want to join those, so I was referring to those that were saying that this forum was going that way or that we would have to go on FB to continue following this community.

Thanks for pointing out my advanced age! :))
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    otter said:

After a few times on this new layout I'm liking it and forgetting about the old one.

Snap Crackle

However, change the white background please :)
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Yes i agree the way it was in 96''
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Completely agree. The enjoyment from this forum has significantly deteriorated. I have already, and will use this less and less and I know a lot of other users will as well. It feels like no sense of community anymore, it feels like cyberspace hell and very hollow. Not a fan of this format and if they had any sense at all, they would change it back immediately.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    Smellyman said:

as someone who has worked in IT for over 15 years and has done hundreds of upgrades over the years.....I almost never get compliments. :)

Why did you do this to us? Why did we change? The old system was better. the new system sucks. What was wrong with the old way. etc. etc.

I feel your pain Ten Club and can sympathise. All you can do is take some lumps, listen to the feedback and make changes where your can.

Good Luck!

That is true! I'm not in IT, but I work closely with those who are, and when they make a major change or come up with a new database or communications system, some people are super resistant to changes even if they ultimately make things easier. And I know it drives the IT people crazy! .... They do their very best to accommodate requests for improvements or fixes for things that are missed by people though. 10c isn't doing that at all. I would also like to say that I am NOT one of those people who can't deal with changes in our online technologies (I work in the online education field so deal with such things a LOT). And still I think this new forum is awful for many, many reasons. MUCH worse that what anybody in my IT unit would ever put out. They'd be ashamed to put their names on this forum. They were doing better work in high school I'm pretty sure. Anyway, while I think there are a lot of problems, I also see that the things that are awful can be fixed and that this forum could be a lot better with just a little work.... the problem I have is how 10C is ignoring everyone when it comes to some very profound issues, such as a layout combined with a colour scheme that is physically making many people uncomfortable and causing them to not visit the forum. 10C should be responding to this stuff. Fast. Instead they are just silent, which translates as ignoring us. THAT isn't the right way to treat your customers IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    First time to log in and explore the new forum. While I like it better for viewing on my phone, and ease of posting via my iPhone, some of you are right - the warmth seems to have decreased. Maybe it's because I was so used to the old forum, like seeing a good friend every day. I can see where that isn't the case right now. I feel weird about it, and I'm obviously not alone.

Technically, the fonts do not appear to be uniform throughout, is that just me? Are the colors meant to mimic FB/Twitter? Either way, those are definite priority changes.

I would also like to see some kind of communication as to updates/plans for further changes, as we were never informed of this to begin with. Not to be Debbie Downer, but I can see why people are upset. Silence is definitely unacceptable.

2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options

I definitely echo his concerns. I also kind of feel that this is the beginning of the end....

Hope not, but if you are right what should be the resuscitation status of this community?
    2003--Cleveland. 2010--Columbus. 2013--Wrigley, Oakland. 2014--Cincinnati
  • Options
    SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
    i wish i had the 10 min back that it took to get through that
    ShawnZ
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    Magnitude said:

^^^ this

ive seen a few ppl say it's better on their iphone. all I know is it's just as craptastic on my 'droid as it is on my pc.

considering the numerous things that are fucked up on this board. has anyone seen any improvement on things yet or is "we're working on it" just another 'big, bold and free?"

they're aware the vast majority of paid members are unhappy with this board, and want the old one back. but they've basically said 'tough shit.' which makes it seem this crap board was done out of spite...as if the intent of 10c is to push members away.

altho I love the music, the band, my friends and going to shows. my membership is up a in couple weeks...for the first time in 14 years I'm considering not renewing

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    with all due respect. We are customer's and the TC can pretty much do what they want with this forum. With that said, we don't have to like it. There are things that may never revert back to old and maybe we'll get some explanation at some point. Otherwise, you gotta role with it and try to realize that fundamentally, its pretty much the same as always.
  • Options
    well said vaggar99

• Options
    Being "the same as always" does not mean we shouldn't still voice our concerns or not cross our fingers and hope that one day there will be change. If we're really luck, a big, bold and free one.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"