Options

we are not just paid customers..

Comments

• Options
    Im with Dimi on this one....I don't come on the site nearly as much as I used to because its difficult to read and navigate. I don't understand all the Facebook references because I'm not on there but if this forum is going to be more integrated with Facebook 10c is alienating non Facebook users. I don't understand what was wrong with the old format.

• Options
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    Maybe this change is a step towards phasing out the message board. Drive folks to social media. I don't think it is true but the thought crossed my mind.
  • Options
    I agree Dimitris, but email that original post to info@tenclub.net. You're more likely to get an actual response from the people you are directing your post to.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,730

Maybe this change is a step towards phasing out the message board. Drive folks to social media. I don't think it is true but the thought crossed my mind.

to much social media on this lp yeah?
    i fear for that too..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,920
    Thank you, Dimitris. Well said!

With all due respect 10C, I think its time to listen. The people have spoken!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,801
    whilst agree wholeheartedly that the new forum isn't an upgrade in any sense,

I do believe that to the tenclub we probably are just 'paying customers', after all it is us that enjoys the community spirit that the site has generated us. The fact that we are paying customers first and foremost is no bad thing anyway, and I certainly wouldn't blame them for thinking that way - they are a small run unit whom try to keep running this thing through revenue raised.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    jrnyc said:

I can't believe anyone who saw this new site before it went live didn't jump up and down and ask the people who designed it " What the EFF is this???".

That's what I thought too imageimage Wouldn't you make a check to see how it goes before you finally deliver? I mean even the mods are frequent users, they must get frustrated with this as well...
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    23scidoo said:

to much social media on this lp yeah?
    i fear for that too..
    yup.

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Dimitris is dead on. This new forum is built on Vanilla Forum and it is not a bad forum platform...but this new layout is a result of poor execution on so many levels. I'm not speaking as just some Monday morning quarterback...webdesign, development and deployment is a big part of my business and has been for over 17 years. I have used Vanilla with solid integration on a few sites, and none of them look or feel like this garbled mess. You definitely need someone with some CSS knowledge to not only tighten up the layout but just make the flow of everything better. Get some help from people who actually know what they are doing....please!
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i blame the facebookerz
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Shawshank said:

You definitely need someone with some CSS knowledge to not only tighten up the layout but just make the flow of everything better. Get some help from people who actually know what they are doing....please!

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Shawshank said:

Dimitris is dead on. This new forum is built on Vanilla Forum and it is not a bad forum platform...but this new layout is a result of poor execution on so many levels. I'm not speaking as just some Monday morning quarterback...webdesign, development and deployment is a big part of my business and has been for over 17 years. I have used Vanilla with solid integration on a few sites, and none of them look or feel like this garbled mess. You definitely need someone with some CSS knowledge to not only tighten up the layout but just make the flow of everything better. Get some help from people who actually know what they are doing....please!

:)) =))

Where have you been the last few years? If we've learned anything about the 10C we know they do everything internally (whether or not they have the knowledge or experience), out source nothing, botch up 1/2 the implementation, never admit they did anything wrong or that outside expertise could have helped, and perform slight updates or improvements that never really fix the initial problems and then we all live with the mistakes.

In short, unless you're offering your time or expertise, it'll be about 3 years before someone who works at 10C figures out how to program the new platform and the issues are fixed.

you're welcome for the synopsis. :)>-
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    Dimitris has the sentiment of this board just right.............. it's a family and you don't mess with family! :-(
    No matter how much we may fight and argue, we love each other and we love talking about our passion for this band!

I find myself squinting the entire time I'm here even when I increase the font size.
    I like the color coded blocks we had before and the easy format. This is very cold and sterile.

Please make us whole again by bring back the old un-broken board , or do some major fixing on this one.

Respectfully,
    Karen
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I must be the only one who likes the new layout. I'm really not finding it difficult too use or read posts and using it on my smartphone is 100% better than it used too be. Everytime Facebook or Twitter changes stuff there is uproar but give it a few weeks and everyone gets used to it and stops complaining.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    edited January 2014
    =))

Thanks.... I needed that!
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    I am not on social media, so I really hope that isn't what this forum is leading to...

I really miss the color coding of the old forum. I appreciate that I can have an avatar now and post pics easier, but would give that up to have the old forum format back. Thank you, Dimitris for expressing what many of us are feeling.
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,314
    jlaustin said:

I am not on social media, so I really hope that isn't what this forum is leading to...

I really miss the color coding of the old forum. I appreciate that I can have an avatar now and post pics easier, but would give that up to have the old forum format back. Thank you, Dimitris for expressing what many of us are feeling.

Agreed, I'm not on Facebook or Twitter or any of that, this is my sole avenue for PJ news and connection. Wish it made things better for all of us.

There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    edited January 2014
    shep said:

:)) =))

Where have you been the last few years? If we've learned anything about the 10C we know they do everything internally (whether or not they have the knowledge or experience), out source nothing, botch up 1/2 the implementation, never admit they did anything wrong or that outside expertise could have helped, and perform slight updates or improvements that never really fix the initial problems and then we all live with the mistakes.

In short, unless you're offering your time or expertise, it'll be about 3 years before someone who works at 10C figures out how to program the new platform and the issues are fixed.

you're welcome for the synopsis. :)>-

Oh I've been here...and know exactly what you're talking about. Shit...I'd redo the fucker for free just so I could enjoy it again. :)

• Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 373
    Somebody just pay the bills an

Todd McFarlane did just that at his Spawn site.
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

I must be the only one who likes the new layout. I'm really not finding it difficult too use or read posts and using it on my smartphone is 100% better than it used too be. Everytime Facebook or Twitter changes stuff there is uproar but give it a few weeks and everyone gets used to it and stops complaining.

You aren't the only one. I didn't like it at first but am really okay with it now. Font could be a little bigger, but not that big of deal in the end. I can still get the news I want. I am sorry to those who really hate it. Maybe they will change a few things you are suggesting to make it better for you.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631

Somebody just pay the bills an

Todd McFarlane did just that at his Spawn site.
    It makes some sense, but I'm not ever going to get a Facebook or any social media account so I hope it doesn't go that way. Probably don't need to post so much on a band's message board either I guess.
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Dear 10 Club,

Please listen and take into consideration the heartfelt comments that Dimitris has written to profoundly express what a large majority of us are thinking about the new Forum.

Signed,
    One subscribed user, who doesn't use it much any more
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    VejasVejas Posts: 21
    edited January 2014
    That white background is burning my eyes. I used to read the old forum quite a bit but can't look at this for more than a few minutes.

Change the background colour!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    I agree with Dimi. I'm glad someone took the time to articulate this thought.

The overhaul of the site makes this place difficult to navigate. It's difficult to weed through the forum. The layout is jarring, and not just because the background is white (but that is a huge negative in my book). In the current layout, it's easier to read the user's name than their posts, and that's a big problem. Text is jumbled together. (Is that the end of their posts? A list of their shows? A random quote? Their signature?) Bottom line is ... I don't like coming to this place anymore ... and that really sucks.

Please fix this layout.
    "I'm not the paper, I'm more like the fold ..."
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    Shawshank said:

Oh I've been here...and know exactly what you're talking about. Shit...I'd redo the fucker for free just so I could enjoy it again. :)

++
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Please fix the white background for free if anything. That is all we ask.
  • Options
    Have to agree with Dimitris. I don't post much here although I like to check into PJ land often. Can't say I've been too excited to check in lately. Definitely a step back instead of a step forward.
    1995: Salt Lake City 1 & 2
    1998: Missoula
    2000: Boise
    2002: Seattle 1 & 2
    2003: Phoenix
    2004: Mountain View, CA (Bridge School)
    2005: The Gorge
    2006: Las Vegas, The Gorge
    2009: Seattle
    2013: Portland, Spokane, Seattle
    2014: Memphis