Options

we are not just paid customers..

Comments

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,624
    TC: How do we get rid of people?
    A: Make it bright as hell and font as small as can be.

Honestly, I can only go through a few threads before my eyes hurt, whereas before I could read through a bunch and feel part of a larger PJ community of ideas and sharing. So this sucks. And it sucks that so many aren't here anymore, it feels like a dying bee hive, whereas before during the tour it was a chaotic, bustling, swarm.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Thanks for your comments everyone
    As i said at my first post....we are mot just paid members..
    Personally i dont give a fuck about being a paid member so the club listen to me .

I want them to realise that they make us unhappy cos they hurt and change something we love....its their forum but its our community..our meeting point..our home to keep and share and spread the love of this band inspire us with their music..
    I dont want to value me as a paid customer
    I dont give a fuck about that...
    I consider myelf and thats the only way i want the club to see me as a fan of this band and as a part of pj community..im.not here for the chance for tix or the free download or the single and deep magazine..

Personally ,i dont want the club to respect and listen me cos i pay membership
    I want them to do it cos i love the band and the community..

Im not just a paid customer...im not here cos i pay money and im asking for service

Im here cos i am a Pearl Jam Fan....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mr_canada said:

....maybe I am the only one and maybe you wanna bash me now, but I just don't agree!

Your right that PJ does own the message board but don't mistake the fact that this message board is for the fans. I don't know what this has to do with "their life achievement" though...its a message board for their fans plain and simple. .

Oh ya...the new boards suck.
    ...I was thinking of a good reply, but Dimitri said it best now... just above... :)>-

so yup, I agree that this forum is for FANS and characterized by the FANS ... but it is all up to the love for the music and pearl jam... they started it and the rest is Synergy
    and so, I truly hope, the great spirit they spread and that we took over and spread it too, now, will be seen and felt in this forum soon again...

and life achievement, to answer the question: 20 years of PJ and being still up to date and here, with so many concerning fans, I call a career or as done, achievement!

and p.s. Dimitri: I am sure they heard us and will work on improvement... it just takes as long as it takes...

there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I agree with all that Dimitris said, I'm sure I can get used to this new forums, but I don't like the white back ground, the small font, it seems there is no margin/boudaries in between stuff within the layout, it feels like a big void and stuff wandering around. It doesn't feel like home as D said, of course, the url is the same, the people who post here is the same, but I don't feel being welcome to this place, and it's not user friendly. I know there's no going back, but 10C will have to pull their socks up and improve and revamp this site...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    HbudjrHbudjr Posts: 150
    Great Post and well Said Dimitris I am with you 100%
    8/23/2009- Chicago- United Center
    5/6/2010- Columbus- Nationwide Arena
    6/26/2011- Detroit- Fox Theater- EV Solo
    9/22/2012- Atlanta- Piedmont Park
    10/11/2013- Pittsburgh - Consol Energy Center
    11/26/2013 - Oakland - Oracle Arena
    10/1/2014 - Cincinnati - US Bank Arena
    10/16/2014 - Detroit - Joe Lewis Arena
    4/26/2016 - Lexington - Rupp Arena (Hometown Show)
    8/20/2016 - Chicago - Wrigley Field
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    RKCNDY said:

I agree Dimi.

It's a new house, and we're supposed to figure it out and learn how to get around.
    I won't be spending much time at 'home' now.

I totally agree! I know we probably come across like a bunch of whinges but we ARE the ones that use this forum and opinions must speak for something??? Good thread Dimi! :)

“ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,552
    I like a lot of the new features this update offers - especially how the site runs on my android phone.

But the background and the small font are frustrating. I imagine the background color and font size are two of the easiest things to correct so let's hope they get that ironed out fast.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    They need to let us show our location again.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

i lost faith in all they need to do and me hope to come back...
    we lost so much data and cool things..
    look at the forums..
    Not Pearl Jam's Music are all dead..
    AMT dead..AET forum,is getting there as well
    same as Given to fly..Dead..
    flipping forum and Porrch are moving a bit ,and those with downtrend
    its sad
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

look at the forums..
    its sad
    Yeah, it's true. People are bailing from the forum, or at least not here as much. I've heard from many who now have no plans on even renewing their membership now - the forum was important. Without enjoying that, many people don't see the point in having a membership, or at least this forum was the last straw after a terrible xmas single and maybe not winning tix, etc. I don't feel this way - I will always renew. But it's sad to see members bailing like this, and to see the reaction of the 10C. They don't seem to care.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

look at the forums..
    its sad
    Yeah, it's true. People are bailing from the forum, or at least not here as much. I've heard from many who now have no plans on even renewing their membership now - the forum was important. Without enjoying that, many people don't see the point in having a membership, or at least this forum was the last straw after a terrible xmas single and maybe not winning tix, etc. I don't feel this way - I will always renew. But it's sad to see members bailing like this, and to see the reaction of the 10C. They don't seem to care.
    and im watching the fan page at facebook how fast grow up.. ..i accept so many request for add them..the number is up to 8000 members so fast..and with the upcoming setlist threads at Australia we will go 10.000 members...
    same as threads and topic,more different memebrs start topics there..
    noone like to lost pm and get blind..or know all about computer so do changes only for be able to read
    cant believe they cant realise here what they done..
  • Options
    It's heartbreaking that folks are bailing from the forum and not renewing their membership. I have actually thought about that for myself, but I still have several months to decide. If I can get used to the new forum, I will most likely renew. Time will tell.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    I for one prefer the boards to facebook. Facebook is too fast, too many people are talking at once. It's good for private every day stuff. But there are way too many people in that group. And a "thread" is not a thread to me there.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,355
    I really can't understand all of the people that say they won't post here again or won't renew their membership after only a few days of the new forums. There were months of bitching about the old one when we were stuck in BETA for so long, now everyone seems to love it.

Doesn't anyone have the patience to wait and see if there are any more changes coming? Do you really believe that 10C is doing this a big FU to see how many people they can get rid of?

I'm not trying to cause conflict or dispute D's posts, just trying to inject some positivity. Sure the colour and the font are an issue but it really isn't that hard to navigate. Some of the new features are an improvement on the old forum so I'm still hoping that this is a work in progress.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    I agree that I don't understand why some would consider not renewing their membership bc of the change in the forum. I'm honestly getting more and more comfy with it the more I use it. I find myself venturing out of the threads about the new forum and wanting to talk about the music again. Change is hard and a few tweeks would be nice. However, the new forum is starting to feel familiar now. I hope that others feel the same and I think they will. After these few days of use and reflection on my own personal priorities, I don't predict a mass exodus from 10c or even significantly reduced traffic on the forum as the result of this.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    To be honest, the forum doesn't really phase me, its not that bad but its not that good either. I may not use it as often but I'd be lying if I said I'm not coming back, I like the people here too much. :-* I do believe its important for 10C to listen to its members issues though, I'm not sure who mentioned it but I agree that it would be nice for them to take some suggestions from us before making the changes. Not because they owe us but because WE are the users, we make this wonderful forum world go round. :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,730
    goldrush said:

I really can't understand all of the people that say they won't post here again or won't renew their membership after only a few days of the new forums. There were months of bitching about the old one when we were stuck in BETA for so long, now everyone seems to love it.

Doesn't anyone have the patience to wait and see if there are any more changes coming? Do you really believe that 10C is doing this a big FU to see how many people they can get rid of?

I'm not trying to cause conflict or dispute D's posts, just trying to inject some positivity. Sure the colour and the font are an issue but it really isn't that hard to navigate. Some of the new features are an improvement on the old forum so I'm still hoping that this is a work in progress.

you are right man..let's have patience and positive thoughts about this situation..
    after all,it's all about pj..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,801

I for one prefer the boards to facebook. Facebook is too fast, too many people are talking at once. It's good for private every day stuff. But there are way too many people in that group. And a "thread" is not a thread to me there.

totally agree, the facebook threads are a mess generally. nothing stays on topic.

Much prefer it here still, and to be honest there seems to be plenty of activity still. As the changes come in, the upgrades take place, and this forum is tweaked more and more, I think it'll all come good, who knows it might even end up better.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,886
    edited January 2014
    I totally agree with Dimi but i won't take the new forum as a reason to quit my membership. The new forum is one thing and i don't like it but it will not have an effect on my membership. I'm still proud to be part of this amazing community and will be as long as they are running TC.

What really makes me sad is that our moderators do not post a single comment/statement. They only show up when someone acts against the forum rules, posts a rude comment, true or not! Beside that it feels to me like they don't care about us. Maybe i'm wrong and maybe this is the TC policy but i would really appreciate if they participate from time to time. That would make me feel a little bit more like home...
    Post edited by Chrisilein on
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 367
    edited January 2014
    goldrush said:

I double this! I really thought the negativity would be over and some patience settles in instead, but unfortunately some sort of complaining goes on here and then...
    but I am glad you find still the big variety of opinions and ppl here, and only here it is the original forum, so I just don't get the talk about leaving here...
    anyway, good words goldrush, thanks!
    Post edited by breakmarysfall on
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    seems some try to add"the negative card",something no way i will accept for my self,and cos im acused here so many times that i support this club alwaysno matter what .and my Greekglish doesnt help and arent clear.,ill say it in Latin"

"Verba volant, scripta manent"

Do you like the New Layout? 549 votes
    Yes
    8% 49 votes

It's Just Ok
    19% 107 votes

I'd Rather hear Sweet Lew
    71% 393 votes
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    The truth hurts but is good Demi
  • Options
    Even Demi Moore agrees
  • Options
    Sorry Dimi lol
  • Options
    :))
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    when this 'new' board first went live, i voted 'its just ok'

i was trying to be positive and optimistic...hoping this board was still changing and evolving.

but its not...unfortunately.

i dont post much, but i just had to put my 2 cents out there.

i visit far less frequently, and dont stay for nearly as long.

i dont like this change :(
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Bottom line is if 10c wanted rid of the forum then they would just shut it down. Plain and simple. I don't buy this theory that they've changed the forum look to get rid of people.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Just ask and we will see...
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Yeah, I don't quite get that myself. Yes, the new forum sucks (even with the recent improvements with the editing and the size of the font and the added location and birthday feature (although the bday feature isn't really useful until the birthdays of the current day are posted somewhere like before. We're not about to go into every member's profile to check whose bday it is today, right?). But I don't think it's SO bad that it should warrant not using the forum or even not renewing membership! That seems like an overreaction to me!
  • Options
    boyo79 said:

Bottom line is if 10c wanted rid of the forum then they would just shut it down. Plain and simple. I don't buy this theory that they've changed the forum look to get rid of people.

I think that theory is crazy sounding. Of COURSE they aren't trying to drive people away. That's ridiculous.