Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    How are you getting e-mails? I get one if I get a PM, but that's it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,742

They aren't showing up at all anymore.

What aren't? email notifications? I'm getting them still....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    If you click the little star next to the thread title, it bookmarks it for you, and you receive e-mail notification when someone posts. I was getting so many for a while, but it seems to have slowed down.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    have you checked your preferences in account options?
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

If you click the little star next to the thread title, it bookmarks it for you, and you receive e-mail notification when someone posts. I was getting so many for a while, but it seems to have slowed down.

There was a delay on them earlier, so something seems to be happening, but they are still coming in
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I just got the Speedy one in my spam, and all the others in my in-box, so not sure what that's all about!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

I just got the Speedy one in my spam, and all the others in my in-box, so not sure what that's all about!

image Your email knows....
  • Options

Spot on dimitris. Spot on. Here in the US we call this a "clusterfuck".

Yeah..im learning slowly about it..

All good things come to an end...
    Maybe the 10 club just did some of us a HUGE favor.

</blockquote

I am in agreement with Speedy on that!

"A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    the lottery sucks
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I used to REALLY enjoy coming on the PJ Forum to keep in touch with old friends and meet new ones!
    Maybe it's my aging eyes, but the new format is so difficult for me to read!
    I just can't handle the eyestrain & headaches I get when trying read the boards now.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

I used to REALLY enjoy coming on the PJ Forum to keep in touch with old friends and meet new ones!
    Maybe it's my aging eyes, but the new format is so difficult for me to read!
    I just can't handle the eyestrain & headaches I get when trying read the boards now.

Do this, you will feel better. http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox/p1
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,923
    I'm not getting email notifications at all but interestingly, this coincides with my turning off that function on FaceBook. Hey, maybe FB bought out 10C and pretty soon it will be known as FB10C or FumbleTence or something.

Re. Abe Froman's well stated post above, I often wonder if the powers-that-be are reading any of this.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458

brianlux said:

do this,do that,try this,try that,did u do that,what bronzer you use,what mobile,cant log in,cant find this,cant find that,where is this,where is that,anyone know thiw,know that..
    in other words..what the hell they was thinkng...

Spot on dimitris. Spot on. Here in the US we call this a "clusterfuck".

Yeah..im learning slowly about it..
    All good things come to an end...
    Maybe the 10 club just did some of us a HUGE favor.

i hear ya buddy..seems that way
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    No time/energy to scroll through 48 pages of discussion. Is the "first new post" button still around anywhere? I don't see anything like that.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    rafie said:

No time/energy to scroll through 48 pages of discussion. Is the "first new post" button still around anywhere? I don't see anything like that.

SCROLL 48 PAGES??ARE U CRAZU BUDDY??U GONNA GET BLIND!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    rafie said:

Just hit the thread title, it takes you to the first unread post automatically.

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    Seems quite consistent now that when in the mobile format, I hit "post comment" and nothing happens. When I let the draft save and switch over to full site, the draft is there and I hit "post comment" and it posts. Seems like this is a problem that should be addressed. Otherwise, I admit, I have adjusted and all seems ok. The fact that this change caused me to feel so disrupted actually made me take a step back and reevaluate my priorities a bit. I know this place is fun and a great way to connect with other people who share love for this band and what they've created over the years but, for me anyway, too much of a good thing isn't necessarily better.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options

Seems quite consistent now that when in the mobile format, I hit "post comment" and nothing happens. When I let the draft save and switch over to full site, the draft is there and I hit "post comment" and it posts. Seems like this is a problem that should be addressed. Otherwise, I admit, I have adjusted and all seems ok. The fact that this change caused me to feel so disrupted actually made me take a step back and reevaluate my priorities a bit. I know this place is fun and a great way to connect with other people who share love for this band and what they've created over the years but, for me anyway, too much of a good thing isn't necessarily better.

I was having the same problem, then last night it worked. On my computer now, so not sure if it acted up again. But, it does seem like something that works at least from time to time. Hopefully, they will make sure its fixed for good.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    edited January 2014
    It is still giving me an headache... Why are the letters so small? They don't want old people to get on the forum? Seriously, my eyes are good, but I have to squint here. In the name of all that is good, who though that this was move "forward".

Reminds of a quote of an American which name I forgot: "Not all progression is good." This is a prime example.

I rather have an Atari format.
    Post edited by fortyshades on
  • Options

It is still giving me an headache... Why are the letters so small? They don't want old people to get on the forum? Seriously, my eyes are good, but I have to squint here. In the name of all that is good, who though that this was move "forward".

Reminds of a quote of an American which name I forgot: "Not all progression is good." This is a prime example.

I glad 62 isn't considered old any more. hahaha!

I tried the reverse image greasemonkey thing but that wasn't a great alternative. Surely toning this thing down, changing out the brilliant blue for something easier on the eyes, eliminating some of the white, surrounding post with boxes not just lines- these can't be that difficult for a web designer to do. There are PLENTY of other sites that are easier to read. This is the Pearl Jam fan site. Lets have a first rate site for a first rate band!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Hey Kat, is it possible to reverse the the order in which PMs are displayed? Right now they show first to lr from the top, which means you have to scroll through all of the previous messages between yourself and the other person. In some cases I have 50 PMs I have to scroll through to get down to the message field. Can the PMs be displayed in
    brianlux said:

I glad 62 isn't considered old any more. hahaha!

I tried the reverse image greasemonkey thing but that wasn't a great alternative. Surely toning this thing down, changing out the brilliant blue for something easier on the eyes, eliminating some of the white, surrounding post with boxes not just lines- these can't be that difficult for a web designer to do. There are PLENTY of other sites that are easier to read. This is the Pearl Jam fan site. Lets have a first rate site for a first rate band!

Brian, a bunch of updates were made with the greasemonkey thing last night, and it's even better now. I suggest you check it out again. It looks really great now! :) If it still doesn't work for you, well...... not sure that anything except the old forum will! ;)
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
  • Options
    Dear Pearl Jam,

Nice forum you have going here, I'm being sarcastic

Are you, the band, really so trusting that you have no idea that YOUR fan club doesn't give a shit about YOUR fans.

Is there no oversight on part of the band as to the amount of complaints voiced in a thousand ways ?

Does Pearl Jam really not give a crap that its own fan club doesn't give a crap?

I am just wondering

Go ahead and kick me out of the "CLUB" if anybody feels that this is necessary. It seems to be a reasonable way of dealing with complaints.

Maybe I'm walking on thin ice, but in my opinion the forum already sunk

Sincerely,

rollings
  • Options
    I just love the forum tips thread.

There's one post and it says chage your own f*cking settings.

wow, thank you ever so much
  • Options
    rollings said:

Lol, yeah, I don't get that one. Seems like a bit of an FU.
  • Options
    rollings said:

As i said so many times..nothing will change...and i laugh so hard with people telling me to give it time..
    you can edit your post..and add your birthday only u can see..thats all folks...all the rest lost or will not get better..suck it..and have a nice day...
    and im pretty sure even the mods having hard time working with this new forum....
    must be hard working and think is snowing to your computer cos of too much white,searching where is what and how to find it..
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I would like to be able to read the title of the thread I'm in...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    rollings said:

Dear Pearl Jam,

Are you, the band, really so trusting that you have no idea that YOUR fan club doesn't give a shit about YOUR fans.

Is there no oversight on part of the band as to the amount of complaints voiced in a thousand ways ?

Does Pearl Jam really not give a crap that its own fan club doesn't give a crap?

I am just wondering

Go ahead and kick me out of the "CLUB" if anybody feels that this is necessary. It seems to be a reasonable way of dealing with complaints.

Sincerely,

rollings

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    i can't get into this forum . such a shame. Always went with the prior changes.....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    rollings said:

Dear Pearl Jam,

I am just wondering

Sincerely,

rollings

No way. Rollings goes, I go.

Seriously, Mods, please listen to your fan club members. We're just speaking our minds here and being honest.