Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Anyone had any luck with the search function yet? trying to find an old thread.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Still not thrilled with it, but am starting to get used to it, except for my eyes, that is.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    lazloblue said:

Anyone had any luck with the search function yet? trying to find an old thread.

If you commented in that thread then look on the upper left hand side and click the "participated" link. It should be in there.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I have also successfully used google to find old threads. But you have to know a specific word or sentence.
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    I've tried so hard to get used to this. I can't do it. I just can't participate in the community if it's going to look like this. Maybe I'm an old 32 years old...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760

Still not thrilled with it, but am starting to get used to it, except for my eyes, that is.

That's the thing that bugs me the most. The light blue on white thing- what a joke. And those skinny light grey lines that sort of separate things (but not well) instead of boxes. Who designed this? Is this site a project for someone who graduated from web design program lowest in their class? Why haven't these problems been addressed yet. Why is all we've heard, "hope you get used to it"? Why are Facebook, eBay and other sites iPhone-user-friendly but still easy to look at on computers as well and yet we're stuck with this literal eye sore?

And we pay good money to come here- don't forget that. Argh! Rant!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Brian, you are right. We do pay good money to come here. I am still coming here, but certainly not as often. These "old" eyes just can't take it anymore.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options

Brian, you are right. We do pay good money to come here. I am still coming here, but certainly not as often. These "old" eyes just can't take it anymore.

I year you, PJFofN. The thing that's frustrating is we are told to post our thoughts here but then little has changed and the feedback is minimal. I guess it doesn't really matter much what we think. When a person feels ignored, the relationship grows cold. That may be how it goes for me with this site which is a real bummer. image

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    This site is analogous to how I feel when I put my underwear on backwards by accident.
    Maybe i'll get used to it. Maybe my junk will just be squashed and lopsided for awhile.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options

This site is analogous to how I feel when I put my underwear on backwards by accident.
    Maybe i'll get used to it. Maybe my junk will just be squashed and lopsided for awhile.

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168

I have also successfully used google to find old threads. But you have to know a specific word or sentence.

i personally ask Pythia if i want to find something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythia
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,617

PJ_Soul said:

People were passing around a link to instructions for changing the colours and stuff on Firefox, but I don't know where it is. Can anyone help? Thank you! :)

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox/p1
    Thank you! image
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Is there a way to post smilies that are intended for use by anyone over the age of eight?

Brian, did you follow these instructions for Firefox? I just did, and it made everything a LOT better, including the blindness! If you do this I think you'll feel better! :)
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228722/enough-of-this-malarky-forum-fix-for-firefox/p1
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Is there a way to post smilies that are intended for use by anyone over the age of eight?

Brian, did you follow these instructions for Firefox? I just did, and it made everything a LOT better, including the blindness! If you do this I think you'll feel better! :)
    Thanks, PJ_Soul! I'll check it out when I get back home.

• Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    To be very honest, this new forum is giving me a headache. I tried Firefox, Chrome - still gives me a headache.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

To be very honest, this new forum is giving me a headache. I tried Firefox, Chrome - still gives me a headache.

Did you try that link I posted above? It works pretty well. It fixes the visual problem pretty effectively. It's not perfect, but a lot better.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Did you try that link I posted above? It works pretty well. It fixes the visual problem pretty effectively. It's not perfect, but a lot better.
    I am not on my home computer, so will try it when I am back home. But its interesting that you need an extension to make this forum more readable.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I am not on my home computer, so will try it when I am back home. But its interesting that you need an extension to make this forum more readable.
    Yeah, it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    I think that they should hire Mike D88... I want to sign a petition for this...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, it's ridiculous.
    I heard Jack Norris knows some things for fix this
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hahahahaha (can't find the smiley faces"). That is what we need here: THE FIXER....
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    When i click on "Recent Discussions" which, best I can tell, mimics what the old "new posts" link did....it is very annoying that all stickies/announcements show up first regardless of whether or not they have new entries.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited January 2014
    BinFrog said:

When i click on "Recent Discussions" which, best I can tell, mimics what the old "new posts" link did....it is very annoying that all stickies/announcements show up first regardless of whether or not they have new entries.

You can dismiss them, so they only show when new comments are made. I don't remember exactly where the function is, but try hovering over diffferent parts of the entry and the function should show.

EDIT: Hover next to the star and the gear saying Options will appear - click and you'll see Dismiss - click that and voila!! The Announcement becomes just another thread that appears only when new comments are made.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

That was like that on the old forum too though, wasn't it. To me the whole left hand side is redundant.

• Options

BinFrog said:

That was like that on the old forum too though, wasn't it. To me the whole left hand side is redundant.

When you do the thing with Firefox when you get home you will find that the left hand bar is gone! Much better! :)
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    edited January 2014
    i just wish i could have been a fly on the wall when 10c decided to make all of the changes.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

i just wish i could have been a fly on the wall when 10c decided to make all of the changes.

Ha! Me too!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    PJ_Soul said:

BinFrog said:

When you do the thing with Firefox when you get home you will find that the left hand bar is gone! Much better! :)
    How do you find the threads you participated in with this?

• Options

PJ_Soul said:

BinFrog said:

How do you find the threads you participated in with this?

There are some options up by your name at the top of the page inside each forum.... I really haven't played around with it so haven't quite figured it out, but I have seen the options to view your bookmarked threads, and mark all viewed, etc...
  • Options
    do this,do that,try this,try that,did u do that,what bronzer you use,what mobile,cant log in,cant find this,cant find that,where is this,where is that,anyone know thiw,know that..
    in other words..what the hell they was thinkng...