Options

New forum discussion here!

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mfc2006 said:

SOLAT319 said:

The search feature is not working then?

nope. and it's one of the most important features on a message board.

bingo

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Very annoying
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    ugh. can't this site be changed back yet? I know it's been said a ton, but I really can't stand looking at the screen. It hurts my eyes and I can't visit for more than 5 minutes before having to go to other websites that are more pleasing to the eye.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    Another thing that is missing here is the little arrow that we could click to take us to the top of the page. Sure, a small thing but lots of small things and a few glaring problems are why this new format is in FAIL mode.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    achardingacharding Posts: 359
    I DO like the extra smiley face thingies
    lookie, a bee! :bz and a pirate! :ar! who doesn't love a pirate?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    acharding said:

I DO like the extra smiley face thingies
    lookie, a bee! :bz and a pirate! :ar! who doesn't love a pirate?

I agree .the best thing after the walking on the moon!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yeah ok, bees are in. What about these (vote yeah or nay):
    And seriously, who here doesn't miss good old Facepalm and Rollingeyes? Those guys had class.
    :O)
    :-B
    :@)
    3:-O
    :-@
    ~:>
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    i have a wall ? :-t with a touch of yahoo ? :-?
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    edited January 2014
    brianlux said:

Yeah ok, bees are in. What about these (vote yeah or nay):
    And seriously, who here doesn't miss good old Facepalm and Rollingeyes? Those guys had class.
    :O)
    :-B
    :@)
    3:-O
    :-@
    ~:>

This calls for an ***official*** poll
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited January 2014
    brianlux said:

Another thing that is missing here is the little arrow that we could click to take us to the top of the page. Sure, a small thing but lots of small things and a few glaring problems are why this new format is in FAIL mode.

Yes, they would be cool. There's a lot about the handling of this version that makes it kinda clumsy, it's not flowing and intuitive... I don't get the smileys at all. Way too busy and awkward choices.

Somebody saved the old emoticons, you can find them here: http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7 It's a bit more complicated to include them, but they look so much better. I especially missed this one image and the popcorn guy...

I also agree once again with the one post that said the teal/white bg/tiny font combo is the problem. To me, this is the major thing. I installed the script that somebody posted here, and the website looked much better and was way easier to handle and navigate. But I couldn't find a way to see my participated threads, so I disabled it again. And also, I don't see ther point of tweaking so many things myself when I am a paying user of a website.

I like a lot that they have been responding to some of the complaints by changing certain features. But I think there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    i dont like the emoticons much either...except this guy, cause he knows how we feel: b-(
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Here's a problem I've been encountering over the past few days. My ability to post via the mobile version on my iPhone 5 is sporadic at best. What often occurs is I'll tap "Post Comment" and then nothing happens. If I wait for the comment to be auto-saved, however, and then toggle over to the full site, I can then post it that way from my drafts folder before toggling back to the mobile site.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235

i dont like the emoticons much either...except this guy, cause he knows how we feel: b-(

This is probably the best one and thanks to shetellsherself for placingimage. I had been looking for that to copy. I thought he was lost.

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    dankind said:

Here's a problem I've been encountering over the past few days. My ability to post via the mobile version on my iPhone 5 is sporadic at best. What often occurs is I'll tap "Post Comment" and then nothing happens. If I wait for the comment to be auto-saved, however, and then toggle over to the full site, I can then post it that way from my drafts folder before toggling back to the mobile site.

Yes! Same problem here..
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

dankind said:

Yes! Same problem here..
    That's kind of comforting. With everyone saying how great the mobile site is, I thought maybe I was the only one with an issue.

OK, IT folks, add this to your list of fixes, please.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    So realistically, do you think the white background is here to stay? Wouldn't they have changed it by now, as it seems to be the overwhelming complaint from the majority? Any IT/techy people - would it be an easy thing to change? (PS i'm not being negative, I like a lot of the new features and am embracing the change :) but I am still struggling with the glary white background!)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to undo the "Mark All Viewed" function? I clicked on it thinking it was for the section I was in but its worked for the whole forum! Any help would be great thanks
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Not to say that members of this forum (ahem! - paying members of this forum) should silence themselves in any way.

(speak loud)

But...I'm guessing that into 45 pages of this call to discuss - with little feedback from those who made that very invitation - either they are unable or don't care to address the ongoing issues voiced by many others.

I appreciate the fixes they've made so far and if they can tackle the additional concerns, great.

If not, I guess we either have to suck it up or put our money where our mouths are.
  • Options

brianlux said:

Yes, they would be cool. There's a lot about the handling of this version that makes it kinda clumsy, it's not flowing and intuitive... I don't get the smileys at all. Way too busy and awkward choices.

Somebody saved the old emoticons, you can find them here: http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7 It's a bit more complicated to include them, but they look so much better. I especially missed this one image and the popcorn guy...

I also agree once again with the one post that said the teal/white bg/tiny font combo is the problem. To me, this is the major thing. I installed the script that somebody posted here, and the website looked much better and was way easier to handle and navigate. But I couldn't find a way to see my participated threads, so I disabled it again. And also, I don't see ther point of tweaking so many things myself when I am a paying user of a website.

I like a lot that they have been responding to some of the complaints by changing certain features. But I think there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Whoa hey! Great! How do you use them here? (Yes, I'm a computer idiot- laughing smiley)

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Chazz said:

So realistically, do you think the white background is here to stay? Wouldn't they have changed it by now, as it seems to be the overwhelming complaint from the majority? Any IT/techy people - would it be an easy thing to change? (PS i'm not being negative, I like a lot of the new features and am embracing the change :) but I am still struggling with the glary white background!)

I was just about to post the same thing. The white background sucks. And the tiny font. And the light blue font. Very very hard to read. I wish they would tell us what's going on.
  • Options
    Enkidu said:

Chazz said:

I was just about to post the same thing. The white background sucks. And the tiny font. And the light blue font. Very very hard to read. I wish they would tell us what's going on.
    From what I've been told I'm beginning to doubt anything will change here. It comes down to take it or leave it/ get used to it or not and hope you stay anyway. Pretty much a bummer for some of us.

• Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,917
    I'm back. A few days ago, things were cutoff on the left. There was a long vertical stack of user icons and I had to scroll down in order to see the forums. The text was tiny. Now, someone seems to have fixed things. It seems usable now. I'm glad someone made the necessary changes. Thanks
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Whoa hey! Great! How do you use them here? (Yes, I'm a computer idiot- laughing smiley)

Just post it like you would any image Brian. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Just post it like you would any image Brian. :)
    I see... but it looks like I'd have to down load them first and I don't need more stuff on my computer. I guess I'll just have to...

:-$ Don't get him going, PJ_Soul. He'll just start bitching again.
    :-< He's never going to like us. We're to "juvenile" for His Snottiness.
    :@) Hmphh! And they call me a pig!
    8-X Yadda yadda yadda.
    :-L The guys a freakin' hypocrite.

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    No, you don't have to download them! Just righ-click and choose "show image" or wahtever that is in english. Then copy the address and paste it in the box for posting pics image
  • Options

Well I'll be diggity dog gone!

• Options
    Yee haw!! image

• Options

No, you don't have to download them! Just righ-click and choose "show image" or wahtever that is in english. Then copy the address and paste it in the box for posting pics image

Thank you, Leezestarr! image

• Options
    brianlux said:

Enkidu said:

Chazz said:

From what I've been told I'm beginning to doubt anything will change here. It comes down to take it or leave it/ get used to it or not and hope you stay anyway. Pretty much a bummer for some of us.
    So now i've turned down the brightness on my monitor at work which helps a lot (my work programs and other sites look a bit dull now but hey, I had to prioritise! ;) )
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Anyone had any luck with the search function yet? trying to find an old thread.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16